One killed, four injured after crane collapses in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

One killed, four injured after crane collapses in Pattaya

p1.jpg

Image: WeLovePattaya

One person was killed and four others were seriously injured following an accident at a construction site in Pattaya on Monday.

The accident occurred when part of a crane collapsed at the construction site of the Amari Nova Pattaya Hotel.

The workers were being transported up the crane in a lift when it gave way and collapsed. 

One man was pronounced dead at the scene, while four others were taken to Banglamung Hospital and Bangkok Pattaya Hospital with serious injuries.

Authorities said they have launched an investigation into the incident.

Pattaya Update News reported the construction site belongs to the Italian-Thai development company.

More info as we get it.

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-01

• Confused 1

I walked by the construction site just minutes after the accident happened, its near the dolphin roundabout,  lots of police and ambulance already arrived.

The workers did not look too happy , I wonder what they think about the safety after this ? Probably just mai pen rai and carry on. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Tailwagsdog said:

Hey bloggers, these accidents happen all over the world, stop turning everything that happens into a 'thai' thing. 

Its the casual-ness of how accidents/heavy equipment is handled is what makes Planet Thailand unique. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tailwagsdog said:

Hey bloggers, these accidents happen all over the world, stop turning everything that happens into a 'thai' thing. 

I don't think they are saying it doesn't happen elsewhere, just that it happens in Thailand a lot more often.  By the way, when was the last crane collapse in Italy ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Yes happens everywhere in the world but this is still a website about Thailand isn't?? 

And we come from all over the world and bring our experiences to the forum to contextualize the lunatic fringe of racist Thai bashers to bring balance and common sense to the threads.  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I don't think they are saying it doesn't happen elsewhere, just that it happens in Thailand a lot more often.  By the way, when was the last crane collapse in Italy ?

Around the time a bridge collapsed recently....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The manic said:

And we come from all over the world and bring our experiences to the forum to contextualize the lunatic fringe of racist Thai bashers to bring balance and common sense to the threads.  

Hard words 

When I comment racist against Thai people???? 

Common sense is to read the post and afterwards response to others comment 

But ofcores we don't need to have same opinion about everything, do we?? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

If you have time, check on the no LTI safe man-hours counter banner at the site entrance over the next few days and see if it's been updated.

...or if it has disappeared.

I have seen manhour boards in Thailand....in Pattaya I would doubt there would be one....and like everywhere, this fatality will be blamed on external factors

6 hours ago, Tailwagsdog said:

I don't see cranes, or in this case an Alemac maybe, collapse on a weekly basis anywhere else as they do it Thailand...in Thailand it is a Thai thing!

RIP, I hope the others recover well. I can't see a proper lifting basket or internal lift and the crane itself looks OK. I hope they weren't all on that buckled lightweight platform-type mess. 

Edited by nauseus

9 hours ago, Tailwagsdog said:

It's the national sport here! :smile:

You will not make many friends. LOL

The slightest criticism of anything about Thailand or its people, fair or unfair by the way = 20 likes or more.

The slightest objection on these reviews 1/2 likes maximum. But all the phrases of the kind "remove your pink glasses,".I.. "waited for the first Thai apologist and here it is"

... and I forget the three quarter not always polite :biggrin:  

• Like 1