America's image worsens under Trump

webfact

Still remember the saying " Don't Thai to me ", which said don't lie to me / don't try to rip of me.

Now we have " Don't be an American ", which means don't be stupid. 

Trump, Sarah Palin, Tea party, NRA & mass shootings etc. has brought in to the views of world, at least how some parts of, the USA society thinks and acts. It's not a pretty picture and not to be proud of. Chanting "USA, USA, USA" sounds so very foreign for most of us outside of USA. 

Oh. I almost forgot the Newborn Christians and their wish for salvation by Armageddon. Oh boy!

Post removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

6 minutes ago, Nice Boyd said:

Typical Thaivisa reply , any chance to bash Yanks , is an amusing game for most on this site 

Well in fairness to Spidey, I am unclear as to the efficacy of Tariffs on the Poms, unless it was meant to assist the Brexiteers.

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well in fairness to Spidey, I am unclear as to the efficacy of Tariffs on the Poms, unless it was meant to assist the Brexiteers.

Brexit has been subject to gross interference from both Obama and Trump. Trade arrangements after Brexit have been the biggest worry for both sides.

Just before the vote, Obama announced to the British people that if they chose Brexit they would go to the back of the queue for trade arrangements with the US. A clear attempt to garner a remain vote from the British people.

Recently, as Theresa May neared finalisation of her Brexit proposals, Trump announced that if we went for a soft exit, as per May's proposal, there would be no trade agreements with the US. A clear attempt to influence the government into a hard Brexit.

• Like 2

I know that America was not the one getting screwed with NAFTA, but with someone like Trump,  that must be what he believes and I guess some people believe every word he says. Ugly American has nothing to do with looks but does speak of character etc.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Ramdas said:

I can’t think of any positive word to describe such individual, he’s a global disaster to put it lightly.

He’s now got more enemies than allies with his insular and ignorant mind nothing good comes out of him.

I was meant to return to New York but just the thought of him being there it turned me completely off..

I’m sincerely hoping that the Americans ( the ones who make sense not the alike him ) won’t allow him passed the 2nd term of his presidency, go and vote ! Get rid of this trouble maker the sooner the better !

Agree but just make sure the opposition party doesn't only give you Hillary as an alternative. Was he voted in on his own perceived merits or elected by default because she was voted against?  If I was an American I would have voted for him on the basis that we did not know how bad he could be;  while her performance under Obama was so transparently self serving and against American interests that she could not be trusted as President.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Not true. Less than half of them are. My opinion of Americans has lowered greatly since he came to office.

Not because of Trumps antics. Not because of all Americans, but because of the simple fact that his base, i.r.o. 40% of Americans, blindly follow him. Which puts 40% of Americans down as extremely stupid, racist bigots, which is a much higher figure than I would have thought it was before his election.

Vote turnout was very low, rich people and corporations wanted DT, The Russian campaign was very successful, and then there are the ignorant and lost-so I place the percentage as about 20 to 25 percent, which, unfortunately, has always been less than informed, and gullible 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

Not true. Less than half of them are. My opinion of Americans has lowered greatly since he came to office.

Not because of Trumps antics. Not because of all Americans, but because of the simple fact that his base, i.r.o. 40% of Americans, blindly follow him. Which puts 40% of Americans down as extremely stupid, racist bigots, which is a much higher figure than I would have thought it was before his election.

You forgot to add the 40% of Americans that blindly follow the Democrats as well

• Like 1

Since the beginning of the 'gulf war'  the Europeans have been harshly criticizing American foreign politics.

I would say that Donald Trump has added something which i can only describe as farcical.

It must be said, though, that the current President has not started any war yet.