America's image worsens under Trump

webfact

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:23 PM, car720 said:

As much as I would love to blame Trump for this I think it has been much longer in the coming.

Correct. The "ugly American" has been around for a very long time, and the US is not popular in many places for the things they have done.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You don't believe support for a US President from within allied countries is important? Most would call out that POV as "head in the sand".

The particular president of the time is irrelevant as to whether other countries are allied with the US or not. Other countries don't make policies dependent on personalities.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You don't believe support for a US President from within allied countries is important? Most would call out that POV as "head in the sand".

The particular president of the time is irrelevant as to whether other countries are allied with the US or not. Other countries don't make policies dependent on personalities.

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree. however, the world has changed. Trump has specifically demonstrated he holds no value with existing treaties / agreements. Issues  occur outside of the box. e.g. Should a new US external conflict occur very much doubt there would be an appetite to sacrifice allied lives for an idiocracy 'led' by Trump.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Agree. however, the world has changed. Trump has specifically demonstrated he holds no value with existing treaties / agreements to the detriment of allied countries. Issues / events occur outside of the box. e.g. Should a new US external conflict occur very much doubt there would be an appetite to sacrifice allied lives for an idiocracy 'led' by Trump.

Erm, the actual situation is far more likely to be American lives sacrificed for some other country, or countries. Americans have fought for the benefit of other peoples- WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam- though that seems to have ended once 9/11 happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Erm, the actual situation is far more likely to be American lives sacrificed for some other country, or countries. Americans have fought for the benefit of other peoples- WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam- though that seems to have ended once 9/11 happened.

The OP is about the Trump Presidency

54 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I lived in the Middle East for 15 years, including almost 2 years in Iraq and Afghanistan, lot of respect for the military of other countries, their governments, not so much. I assure you, they need us far more than we need them. This go along to get along attitude, is bullshit.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, beechguy said:

I lived in the Middle East for 15 years, including almost 2 years in Iraq and Afghanistan, lot of respect for the military of other countries, their governments, not so much. I assure you, they need us far more than we need them. This go along to get along attitude, is bullshit.

OK No need for 'coalition of the willing etc. Great idea, US policy creates conflict for which previously allied military have died as a consequence - no more.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, simple1 said:

OK No need for 'coalition of the willing etc. Great idea, US policy creates conflict for which previously allied military have died as a consequence - no more.

The coalition of the willing was to prevent hurt feelings at the time, I don't think it was necessary.  If others sent their military, they had their own reasons. As for now, the Saudis and the Israelis seem happier, more than can be said when Obama was around. As to the Japanese, Europeans, etc., if they want to do business fine, but they don't really have anything that we can't get somewhere else.

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Funny, when I was a kid my grandpa told me he enlisted in both World Wars when our allies were attacted. In both wars that was years before the Yanks joined in. Fact is they only went to war when they were attacted themselves. Prior to that they were busy using those wars as profit centres cashing in selling weapons to their friends. Go ask any Vietnamese who the Yanks were there helping. It was for their own imperial purposes and having been in central Saigon and Detroit I think the right guys won.  One a vibrant people place the other a wasteland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, beechguy said:

The coalition of the willing was to prevent hurt feelings at the time, I don't think it was necessary.  If others sent their military, they had their own reasons. As for now, the Saudis and the Israelis seem happier, more than can be said when Obama was around. As to the Japanese, Europeans, etc., if they want to do business fine, but they don't really have anything that we can't get somewhere else.

Nevermind, as I said 'head in the sand'

5 hours ago, beechguy said:

Generally speaking, if they have a negative opinion of the U.S., especially since Trump took office, that's their problem. I have to say, I was pretty ashamed when Obama was in there.

It tell quite alot about you and your alike!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

TV is makin' an effort to balance all the Thai bashing - go west

UK is no good on the neither east nor west longitude

A slap at Trump is not a slap at America. The UK and Europe do not have politicians who behave in this way. It's certainly understandable that most normal people would be shocked by his policy decisions and his appointments. This is not a normal Presidency.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

A slap at Trump is not a slap at America. The UK and Europe do not have politicians who behave in this way. It's certainly understandable that most normal people would be shocked by his policy decisions and his appointments. This is not a normal Presidency.

Well, there are some European (and others) politicians behaving in such a manner - if not quite to the same extent and not wielding that much power. But as you say, criticizing a leader and criticizing a whole country are two different things.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

He show himselves from his best sides when he do speaches like this in public

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/03/donald-trump-republicans-christine-blasey-ford

He just couldn't help himself and had to have a go at ridiculing Christine-Blasey-Ford's statement...…..just adds to his pussy grabbing, unfaithful and misogynistic persona. A poor excuse for a human being.  

image.png.5d485c3571f0e61667cb67c3e3f9f361.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, beechguy said:

Generally speaking, if they have a negative opinion of the U.S., especially since Trump took office, that's their problem. I have to say, I was pretty ashamed when Obama was in there.

You should talk this through with someone.  The president being smarter than you are is nothing to be ashamed of.  (Though, if it was, no one would have any shame now that Trump is in office).

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Stock Market is flourishing, unemployment rates at a nice low. I for one stopped caring what folks thought of me as I don't give a shit what they think of America. The wheels are turning nicely with Trump at the wheel.

Stock marked is like a roller coaster, goes slowly up, and

15 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Stock Market is flourishing, unemployment rates at a nice low. I for one stopped caring what folks thought of me as I don't give a shit what they think of America. The wheels are turning nicely with Trump at the wheel.

Yes, turning the wheel. It's terrific in America unless you're a 5 year old Latino kid who can't recall their parents because a selfish moron has decided to use you for political bait. Just terrific. The barbaric indifference of the orange Id extends to just about everyone who isn't like himself - white older male w/ money. Disabled, female, 5 y/o Latino kid separated from their family and so on. Yes, the wheel keeps on turning.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

To be honest Americans could give a rats ass of what other countries think about Trump. He is working for Americans, not anyone else. So of course other countries do not like him. That's how I know he is doing a great job. 

Well Amish tribe is going to be the next thing for Amricans ???? Everyone give a hand to their lovely neighbour, and no need for help from other neighbouring countries. Goood luck on that. 

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

And let me know your qualifications for calling him psychotic and unstable.....

Just check the standard check list that psychiatrists use to identify a psychopath. Trump ticks most of the boxes. Far more than is needed to confirm the diagnosis of psychopath.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

I am an American. Trump is great in my opinion because he is anti globalist, anti political correctness, is trying to do his best to help Americans by putting their interests above that of foreigners which is what an American president should do. 

Unfortunately he doesn't put American interests above his own.

Make Trump Great Again!

• Confused 1