Trump likely to win whether or not Kavanaugh is confirmed

webfact

7 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

I'd expect no worse nomination from the self proclaimed stable genius. 

Roe v Wade is probably history. Doesn't affect A#1 stable genius so he is fine with that. 

Plus, does anyone actually believe trump even cares about roe v wade? I do not even think he cares. We all know this. He cares about winning, and imposing his power onto others. He does not care about the people, or rights. Just winning, that's all. 

IN 2005, WHEN ASKED ABOUT THE ROE V. WADE DECISION, PRESIDENT BUSH RESPONDED THAT HE DIDN’T CARE HOW THEY GOT OUT OF NEW ORLEANS

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nail on head! He has flip-flopped on many issues just to play to his idiot base...the far right evangelicals. They are so stupid and deluded that they care not that he is a lying, cheating, misogynistic, womanizing, non-Christian adulterer and con-man blowhard. All they care about is that he spews the unconstitutional, theocratic BS and inserts Jee-zus and god into everything. ????

If one of Trump's Stormy Daniels type encounters goes wrong, rest assured he will want roe v wade back in place. 

It is all about Trump in the world according to the stable genius. Never seen anything like him. Recently, one day he was saying how amazing the Ford testimony was, a few days later he was shaming her. The guy is a complete and utter train wreck. Whatever suits his own particular needs in the moment is his stance on everything. 

Edited by utalkin2me
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

So you're not sure that Dems do the same?  wow just wow

I am sure you'll do your meager best to misrepresent and twist most posts I make. Guess that's all you've got.

Edited by Morch
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Morch said:

I am sure you'll do your meager best to misrepresent and twist most posts I make. Guess that's all you've got.

Not at all. In fact I went out of my way to reach out to you (indicating I'd never call you a fascist as others had) and I am always courteous but you never extend that back and you just display arrogance. Whatever, he has been voted onto SCOTUS and your displeasure is in vain.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Not at all. In fact I went out of my way to reach out to you (indicating I'd never call you a fascist as others had) and I am always courteous but you never extend that back and you just display arrogance. Whatever, he has been voted onto SCOTUS and your displeasure is in vain.  

I'm sure you think you're "courteous". Reality, or how others perceive your efforts, is another matter. I'll take the above with the same regard I attribute most of your posts. That your (and many other Trump supporters') focus appears to be scoring one over the opposition is rather telling.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Morch said:

I'm sure you think you're "courteous". Reality, or how others perceive your efforts, is another matter. I'll take the above with the same regard I attribute most of your posts. That your (and many other Trump supporters') focus appears to be scoring one over the opposition is rather telling.

Yep, it's also awesome, not so much scoring one over the opposition as it is getting things right. It's good to see common sense prevail in this case.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yep, it's also awesome, not so much scoring one over the opposition as it is getting things right. It's good to see common sense prevail in this case.

Guess we'll have to disagree on the "common sense prevail" part. And on the "getting things right" bit. Not least, "scoring one over the opposition" not being the onus of many posts.

The premise of the thread is trump wins either way if Kavanaugh is or is not confirmed. As he’s been confirmed it must be a win/win.
Win 1: The Democrats reaction to his second Supreme Court Justice in less than two years (let the impact of that over the next 20 years soak in) showed the depths that they will stoop to.
Win 2: Trump executed another campaign promise to stack the courts with conservatives.
I think Trump has filled the vacuum left by the now defunct Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey and is currently single handed the greatest show on earth.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you have any idea of Kavanaugh's work history? I'm thinking NO, based on what you wrote. He was a highly respected appellate judge.

If I'd been falsely accused of something that happened decades ago, and which was threatening my family and career, I'd probably give a pretty hot performance in the hearing too.

He could have just said that he suggests a detailed FBI investigation about him at that time. He could have urged his friends to fully support the FBI with details about the parties, all the kegs of beer, etc. And obviously the FBI should have enough time for such an investigation.

That could have cleared his name and his reputation.

Now why didn't he do that? ...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

the whole thing was a hoax to put him on the defensive. you dont play by your enemies rules. 

anyway its all unraveling now.

Did you know that the lawyer sitting next to Dr. Ford in the Senate hearings, one Michael Bromwich, is also an attorney for Andrew McCabe, the former FBI Deputy Director fired for lying to investigators from his own agency and currently singing to a grand jury?

Did you know that Monica McClean’s lawyer, one David Laufman is a former DOJ top lawyer who assisted former FBI counter-intel chief Peter Strozk on both the Clinton and Russia investigations before resigning in February this year — in fact, he sat in on the notorious “unsworn” interview with Hillary in 2016. Wow! What a really small swamp Washington is!

I don't know all the details.

But let's say it like this: How many of the people who now defend Kavanaugh would have defended a liberal judge in the same way?

And how many would have insisted that Dr. Ford has to be believed if she would have accused another person, maybe on the other side of the political spectrum?

I know Dems and GOP politicians and voters are not too different in the way that many just do everything to get what they want.

Personally I find it sad that a country which claims to be  the pinnacle of democracy goes through such a charade and then confirms such a person to the highest court for life. Is he really the best judge they could find in a country with 300 million people? Was it really necessary, apart from politics, to hurry through this process?

I don't know now much Americans care about this but it's obvious that within their country and around the world billions of people look at this and ask themselves: Is that supposed to be the shining example for democracy?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But let's say it like this: How many of the people who now defend Kavanaugh would have defended a liberal judge in the same way?

I would have. Elections have consequences. As long as the Judge is qualified. I thought that Obama could have done better than Sotomayor but she was purely a political pick. She is on point though in most of her decisions in the criminal justice area. Kagan is a non entity, IMHO, she will just be another RGB when RGB passes.

But both were "qualified". As was Bork, Thomas and Garland. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Srinivas said:

all that democracy talk is just propaganda. this has been a coup attempt

to unseat an elected president, like him or hate him

its now a color revolution???? orange!

Let the hyperbole and nonsense flow.

There was no "coup attempt". Even if Kavanaugh's appointment was foiled, it still wouldn't be that. And, of course, it wouldn't have "unseated" Trump.

Regardless, there is no obligation not to try and "unseat" an elected president by democratic means.

Yep. "trump" wins and the majority of Americans lose. We've gone from "We the People" to "Me the president." Trump fans say get over it. Would they get over being shafted so massively by the MINORITY of Americans in a way that is being set up to last generations? I think not.

The ultimate irony to all this is that the public backlash to Kavanaugh is, no doubt, partly rooted in anger over this ongoing display of minority rule — a minority-supported president picks justices confirmed by senators representing a minority of Americans — and in widespread feelings of deep helplessness over it. In choosing to continue feeding this polarization, Trump is rubbing the faces of millions of those angry Americans in that helplessness — he’s rubbing their faces in his and the GOP’s minority-rule triumphs. And he may only be getting started.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/10/09/think-trump-and-gop-minority-rule-is-bad-now-heres-how-it-could-get-much-worse/

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Morch said:

Let the hyperbole and nonsense flow.

There was no "coup attempt". Even if Kavanaugh's appointment was foiled, it still wouldn't be that. And, of course, it wouldn't have "unseated" Trump.

Regardless, there is no obligation not to try and "unseat" an elected president by democratic means.

Infact its constitutional law to only unseat an elected president by  legal democratic means. Not through spying and false accusations. Having a 5-4 in sc is important for this purpose from Trumps pov.  imo

look up lindsey graham questioning kavanaugh during testimony.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

Infact its constitutional law to only unseat an elected president by  legal democratic means. Not through spying and false accusations. Having a 5-4 in sc is important for this purpose from Trumps pov.  imo

look up lindsey graham questioning kavanaugh during testimony.

So more hyperbole, nonsense and conspiracy theories. There was no "spying", or "false accusations" - not in any sense which related to your "coup" claim. And yes, having a SC stacked according to one's political leanings (and the new addition having distinct views on taking legal action against Presidents) would be "important" for Trump - not that it got much to do with your "coup" comment.

Edited by Morch

Just now, Srinivas said:

im willing to wait and see how this plays out as Mueller  russia case falls apart like the desperate dems last minute panicked case made against Kavanaugh. 

dismiss it all you want as what we opine about doesn't really matter lol

im enjoying the show 

So, essentially you're just deflecting in a lame effort to backpedal from your previous nonsense comment.

14 hours ago, Morch said:

So, essentially you're just deflecting in a lame effort to backpedal from your previous nonsense comment.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/410447-former-fbi-lawyer-plot-to-record-remove-trump-not-a-joke

Trump wins again with or with out kav but kav on the sc is important as this part of the story unfolds eventually.

• Like 1