Bar/Club Closures - 13th or 15th October?

bbi1

Was there an actual order to close bars or not serve alcohol?

There must have been something as I have cruised around on my motorbike Soi 6 and other close places are closed.

But many bars (not all) have drinkers inside from my walk around Central/Soi Buakhao areas.

Music seems limited but there is some.

Just something on this.  99% of the drinkers in bars as usual are Falang.  I do not care but this is the impression the government, tourists and locals get about Falang.  Sit in some bar and drink your life away.

18 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Just something on this.  99% of the drinkers in bars as usual are Falang.  I do not care but this is the impression the government, tourists and locals get about Falang.  Sit in some bar and drink your life away.

That is my impression of many Farangs in Pattaya.  So I tend to agree with the Thais on that.  

Those guys I see sitting in a bar at 9 am seem to think they are living the (alcoholics) dream or something.

Edited by lapd

9 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

No problem up north in rural Khon Kaen Province - local farang bar OPEN ALL DAY today and tomorrow. Business as usual.

I for one am so jealous.

It would be worth changing my life and moving there just so I can drink on holidays.

Thank you so much I need to consider this.

here in Hua Hin we are experiencing very heavy traffic this evening, grid lock in many areas for the long weekend as the Thai super Hi So's and hipsters come down from Bangkok. I saw one Thai family in Villa Market, they looked like they were soap stars. Nice top of the line Mercedes. 

many people dressed in yellow shirts lighting candles.

there was a request made by the police that bars close in Hua Hin.  A friend said all bars were closed on Soi 94

the food court at Baan Khun Por was not selling alcohol and there was no band playing as it usually is. It was very crowded and subdued.

Many bar girls were eating there which is unusual because normally they are at work. I kept getting texts "I see you" " I see you" :cheesy:   

I did not get to Soi 80 or Soi Bintabaht, the main bar areas.

Edited by NCC1701A

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I for one am so jealous.

It would be worth changing my life and moving there just so I can drink on holidays.

Thank you so much I need to consider this.

Sorry to rub salt into the wound but even our local Mini BIGC is selling alcohol. 

Edited by Burma Bill
  • Haha 1