Chinese Mob at CM Immigration

Xavnel

3 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

No, his line sitter leaves and he takes that place so no effect on the people already in line. One arrives one leaves, and both genuine people! No que jumping, nobody lost their queue position.

Although, had he got in the queue when he arrived , he would be at the back of the queue and everyone else would be one place ahead

• Confused 1

This looks like a misunderstanding.

Line sitters and line jumpers are 2 different animals.

This thread started about rude jerks shoving their way to the front.

Line sitters arrive in the wee hours and save your place, waiting it out, you then swap places, nobody gets skipped.

With line jumpers, everyone gets screwed.

The concept of line sitters seems fine while line jumpers ought to be shot on site.

Now, what's the deal with agents showing up at opening time with envelopes of cash...?

11 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

No, his line sitter leaves and he takes that place so no effect on the people already in line. One arrives one leaves, and both genuine people! No que jumping, nobody lost their queue position.

As someone reported a few days ago , a real story .

They had been queuing up since 3 AM to get a visa extension .

Immigration began handing out numbered tickets at 7.30 AM

They didnt get a ticket because they only process 50 per day and all the tickets had been handed out and so they couldnt get their extension done that day .

7.55 AM , all these felangs showed up , paid 300 Baht to a Thai to get a queue number and stood at the front of the queue .

Is that fair ?

25 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although, had he got in the queue when he arrived , he would be at the back of the queue and everyone else would be one place ahead

No because if he went to the back of the line, his line sitter would have given me the place because he is a nice person and I was waiting since yesterday in the queue so I deserve to get the number one spot.  The policeman there yesterday afternoon told me so and guaranteed it.  I also talked to the policeman's boss who told me that I was not and would not be a queue jumper if I used a line sitter.  He said you were being very mean because you thought it was not right for me to use a line sitter when I am 74 years old and had no need to sit in a queue with the likes of you.  

Edited by Dante99
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

No because if he went to the back of the line, his line sitter would have given me the place because he is a nice person and I was waiting since yesterday in the queue so I deserve to get the number one spot.  The policeman there yesterday afternoon told me so and guaranteed it.  I also talked to the policeman's boss who told me that I was not and would not be a queue jumper if I used a line sitter.  He said you were being very mean because you thought it was not right for me to use a line sitter when I am 74 years old and had no need to sit in a queue with the likes of you.

The Police were there this week at 7 AM checking all the queue jumpers and taking their photos and carting some of them off (the illegals?).

Your days of queue jumping are over .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The Police were there this week at 7 AM checking all the queue jumpers and taking their photos and carting some of them off (the illegals?).

Yes, they are the 'private' non agent type of persons which they want removed and exchanged with agents, from whom they (the IOs) get a cut.

Edited by Vacuum

22 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I'm still confused. Are we talking about sitters or jumpers?

They are two different animals. 

The jumpers should all be dragged away in cuffs and fed to dogs.

The sitters are offering a service that strikes me as reasonable, as long as they aren't jumping anyone.

Just now, YogaVeg said:

The sitters are offering a service that strikes me as reasonable, as long as they aren't jumping anyone.

We are talking about people who pay others to queue up for them .

8 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

So you are telling me that I have to get my 74 year old ass in some furking line in the middle of the night instead of paying somebody to do it for me.  

I gotta agree that the elderly and folks with handicaps ought to have some sort of priority. Especially in a situation where there is no sun or rain or stampeding Chinese mob protection.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As someone reported a few days ago , a real story .

They had been queuing up since 3 AM to get a visa extension .

Immigration began handing out numbered tickets at 7.30 AM

They didnt get a ticket because they only process 50 per day and all the tickets had been handed out and so they couldnt get their extension done that day .

7.55 AM , all these felangs showed up , paid 300 Baht to a Thai to get a queue number and stood at the front of the queue .

Is that fair ?

No it is not fair but unfortunately in LOS it is "who you know, not what you know". I experienced a similar situation many years ago at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane. I got my ticket (350 something) and stood in the very hot long queue for an hour watching the "next number" display which showed 115. I soon realized that I would not reach the "acceptance for visa applications" deadline. I tried to make inquiries but got a rude reply from an Embassy official. I crossed the road to where the Laos "fixers" with white vans were parked. I signed the form, left my passport and paid the "fee". This fee included a taxi to his family's hotel where I stayed the night (including full International breakfast) for 500 baht. My passport with the visa extension was presented to me at reception at 11:30 am the next day. A Norwegian couple had also taken advantage of the service. I was a happy bunny as no personal involvement with the Embassy - I let someone else have the hassle. 

2 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

Banging your head against the wall with this guy,he does not know the difference between the two.

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

No it is not fair but unfortunately in LOS it is "who you know, not what you know". I experienced a similar situation many years ago at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane. I got my ticket (350 something) and stood in the very hot long queue for an hour watching the "next number" display which showed 115. I soon realized that I would not reach the "acceptance for visa applications" deadline. I tried to make inquiries but got a rude reply from an Embassy official. I crossed the road to where the Laos "fixers" with white vans were parked. I signed the form, left my passport and paid the "fee". This fee included a taxi to his family's hotel where I stayed the night (including full International breakfast) for 500 baht. My passport with the visa extension was presented to me at reception at 11:30 am the next day. A Norwegian couple had also taken advantage of the service. I was a happy bunny as no personal involvement with the Embassy - I let someone else have the hassle. 

Are they doing extensions of stay based on retirement in Laos now?

I've decided while you guys sit in the queue and argue for hours about what is fair, I'm gonna pay the 300 baht and go watch a movie while someone else sits in the sun for me.

Thanx for bringing to my attention this was a possibility ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

I've decided while you guys sit in the queue and argue for hours about what is fair, I'm gonna pay the 300 baht and go watch a movie while someone else sits in the sun for me.

I doubt if there is any sun, the get there in the early hours. But yes, you are taking the sensible approach.

5 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I doubt that Immigration likes the "line sitters" because they undercut the need for customers to use visa agents.  Remember, the agents have a separate channel for accessing immigration.  They no longer have to send a rep to go "sit" in the queue.

I guess if the HappyQueue online booking system comes to fruition (not holding my breath) then I am sure the agents will find ways to monopolize that as well.

39 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I doubt that Immigration likes the "line sitters" because they undercut the need for customers to use visa agents.  Remember, the agents have a separate channel for accessing immigration.  They no longer have to send a rep to go "sit" in the queue.

Correct, it's called corruption and I hope someone will deal with this, BJ?

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

I will ask this question again.

What difference does it make to anyone else for me to pay someone to sit in the queue for me who simply relinquishes MY queue position when I arrive?

The problem is that this will encourage more and more opportunists to stand in line at the queue and then sell the 'queue ticket' to someone at the back or other agents. Thus, depriving the applicants who don't have that much money to pay the agents.

Your line sitter aka proxy won't be able to compete with more opportunists/agents in the future if the demand is great. It might even be a full-time 'job' for them to queue early everyday just to earn money. This beats working in the factory for a meagre salary.

(back of queue) C<B<A  (front of queue)

A = opportunists

B = your so-called proxy

C = genuine applicants

Edited by EricTh

4 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

I gotta agree that the elderly and folks with handicaps ought to have some sort of priority. Especially in a situation where there is no sun or rain or stampeding Chinese mob protection.

If there were a priority queue, they wouldn't have lumped the retirement queue with the education and other queues making it extra long.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

I doubt all agents have a separate channel, only those who know the 'inside people' like the previous 'Tian' or whatever at Promenada. There are many visa agents in CM.

I met a Thai girl who could speak some Japanese and she was an agent for a Japanese elderly man. She was lining up in the same queue as me.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

You are a bit late, the Police this week began clamping down on professional queue jumpers .

The Police photographed the queue jumpers holding up their clients passport

Hang on...

"The Police photographed the queue jumpers holding up their clients passport"

What are we talking about? Are you talking about people cutting in line (queue jumpers) or agents securing a place in line for someone else (without cutting in line)? 

And what did they do with this information? What "clamping down" did you see, beyond photographing people? 

16 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Hang on...

"The Police photographed the queue jumpers holding up their clients passport"

What are we talking about? Are you talking about people cutting in line (queue jumpers) or agents securing a place in line for someone else (without cutting in line)? 

And what did they do with this information? What "clamping down" did you see, beyond photographing people? 

"Yesterday I made a post here telling about my bad experience at the immigration here in CM, especially the fact of have so many Thai people selling places at the line.
So today I went there again at 3:00 and for my surprise the same thai people were there again selling their places.
arriving there at 3:00 A.M made me get the place 68, yeah, there were alredy 68 people in front of me at 3:00 in the morning 
But for my surprises around 6:00 a.m a police car stopped at the immigration place, and 2 officer started checking everyone passports and asking " are you saving that place for your self"

the people that were holding a other person passaport, the officer asked to them hold the passaport close to the face, and took a picture of all of them, showing their face and the passport owner.
they even said for some people move out of the line.
so today after arrived at 3:00 a.m, at 3:00 p.m I left immigration with my Visa extension"

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

"Yesterday I made a post here telling about my bad experience at the immigration here in CM, especially the fact of have so many Thai people selling places at the line.
So today I went there again at 3:00 and for my surprise the same thai people were there again selling their places.
arriving there at 3:00 A.M made me get the place 68, yeah, there were alredy 68 people in front of me at 3:00 in the morning 
But for my surprises around 6:00 a.m a police car stopped at the immigration place, and 2 officer started checking everyone passports and asking " are you saving that place for your self"

the people that were holding a other person passaport, the officer asked to them hold the passaport close to the face, and took a picture of all of them, showing their face and the passport owner.
they even said for some people move out of the line.
so today after arrived at 3:00 a.m, at 3:00 p.m I left immigration with my Visa extension"

Yes that has always been the way for them to have a copy of the passport for whom they are acting as proxy. I guess some of those removed did not have a copy of the passport. 

300 Baht for a line sitter and you would have been out of there much quicker. You seem to spend far too much time at immigration, I go once a year.

Edited by Thailand
  • Like 1