Pope blames devil for Church divisions, scandals, seeks angel's help

webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, webfact said:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defence against the wickedness and snares of the devil.

Can't see St. Michael being of much help. He's way too busy digging Marks & Spencers out of the mire.

@Sir Dude

We are all aliens if you solely thinking of Mother earth, because everthing comes from the space, and it have to be many other places and earthalike us. 

So complexed everything fits together here at earth, and here we are controlled by freaks who believe in one solely good god, 248 000 other fake or was it 248 millions fake gods, and one devil! 

People are stupid, when they think the pope or Trump going to save us, or Putin for that sake! Just as an example. I could even mention Mother Theresa for that sake! 

Human are crazy aliens. 

15 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

That is quite wrong, but I have noticed that people that haven't read the Bible have some very strange ideas about it.

23 instances of the devil in the Bible.

I find the Pope's defense of the church bizarre however. He is basically admitting his priests are controlled by the devil.

Go back to the earliest records of the original texts of the Bible.   There was no Devil.   He was added as an evil entity.   He didn't exist then and he doesn't exist now.

I am afraid the Pope is enabling child sexual assault.   The responsible party are the priests who are doing.   The Church as a 2ndary responsibility because it has allowed, hidden and enabled those committing these violations to continue.   

13 hours ago, robblok said:

I would have thought you to be a religious man given your name ????

I am actually an Australian of Scottish English ancestry. I admired Saladin as he was a much nicer guy than his Crusader adversaries.

5 hours ago, Credo said:

Go back to the earliest records of the original texts of the Bible.   There was no Devil.   He was added as an evil entity.   He didn't exist then and he doesn't exist now.

I am afraid the Pope is enabling child sexual assault.   The responsible party are the priests who are doing.   The Church as a 2ndary responsibility because it has allowed, hidden and enabled those committing these violations to continue.   

You keep using the word Bible, but I don't think you mean what Christians or the Pope, calls the Bible; which is the Old and New Testaments combined. The article you presented earlier used the term Hebrew Bible, so I think your information is specifically about Old Testament. To say that their are early versions of the New Testament where there is no devil is quite a stretch.  For example the whole sequence Where Jesus was tempted in the desert by the devil as a speaking entity is included in three separate books, written by three different people (Matthew, Mark and Luke). There are other examples that I provided earlier in my link.

The Old Testament does have some  more room for discussion on this. There are many instances where the Devil is represented by something else, for example the king of Persia, the serpent in the garden, or even Leviathan. Satan in the new Testament is not a name, but a force of evil. The devil is represented primarily in the OT as the adversary/accuser against God's plan or people. In the New Testament the function and identity of the devil is made more clear.

32 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

You keep using the word Bible, but I don't think you mean what Christians or the Pope, calls the Bible; which is the Old and New Testaments combined. The article you presented earlier used the term Hebrew Bible, so I think your information is specifically about Old Testament. To say that their are early versions of the New Testament where there is no devil is quite a stretch.  For example the whole sequence Where Jesus was tempted in the desert by the devil as a speaking entity is included in three separate books, written by three different people (Matthew, Mark and Luke). There are other examples that I provided earlier in my link.

The Old Testament does have some  more room for discussion on this. There are many instances where the Devil is represented by something else, for example the king of Persia, the serpent in the garden, or even Leviathan. Satan in the new Testament is not a name, but a force of evil. The devil is represented primarily in the OT as the adversary/accuser against God's plan or people. In the New Testament the function and identity of the devil is made more clear.

Well, this isn't going to go anywhere, but I suggest you take a look at this link for a little about how things have changed, been added, removed, etc:

https://www.ranker.com/list/has-the-bible-changed/jacob-shelton

25 minutes ago, Credo said:

Well, this isn't going to go anywhere, but I suggest you take a look at this link for a little about how things have changed, been added, removed, etc:

https://www.ranker.com/list/has-the-bible-changed/jacob-shelton

I agree, we could spend a whole day just discussing what's the meaning of an ancient word, and get completely lost, there are already Theologians for that, and apparently they are not achieving a lot.

When the Pope talks about angels and devils, a common man , using common sense, could translate as "negative forces" and "positive forces". (or "energies")

Even a passionate atheist could have troubles to deny that those forces exist, in one shape or another.

Many people been giving money to the church for years.

Some even left entire estates, property to them, that they said would feed starving children in Ethiopia.

must wonder now if that money actually got there or was paid to other monsters who delivered orphins to the vatican?

Internet BS conspiracy theories or not? 

who knows?

For sure there must be people feeling uncomfortable knowing they did confessed sins and ask forgiveness from a supposed representative of god, who could possibly have been a paedo.

Actually your petty sins are nothing compared to what these guys did.

horrible horrible stuff.

44 minutes ago, rodney earl said:

The bible is nothing more than a story book and not a very good one at that.!!

I can imagine that you know a lot about the Bible, and that it took you a lot of thinking to say that. imo, every story is worth a look.

I am not so fond of the Bible myself, but i find the New Testament very interesting and food for thought. Old Testament , bit boring, but still interesting as a testimony of very ancient times.  For those who criticise the church and religions in general, just don't forget that it was religion, together with vision and brute force, to move humans from rough and fragmented little societies to central governments and civilisation.

Civilisation is not perfect, yet a step above feudalism, not to mention tribal society. It could be argued that tribal society is better than civilisation, but in the overpopulated world we are now, i think it will be impossible to go back.

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I can imagine that you know a lot about the Bible, and that it took you a lot of thinking to say that. imo, every story is worth a look.

I am not so fond of the Bible myself, but i find the New Testament very interesting and food for thought. Old Testament , bit boring, but still interesting as a testimony of very ancient times.  For those who criticise the church and religions in general, just don't forget that it was religion, together with vision and brute force, to move humans from rough and fragmented little societies to central governments and civilisation.

Civilisation is not perfect, yet a step above feudalism, not to mention tribal society. It could be argued that tribal society is better than civilisation, but in the overpopulated world we are now, i think it will be impossible to go back.

Can you be so kind to tell me what have changed in 2500 years if you compare to the Roman Empire? Before "our" time, our religious civilations, there where civilations already in the Middle east not influenced by our religions. 

You discredit ancient intellectuals as greek philosophers and other thinkers and politicians from that time. Religion brought alot cruality with it self to get in power of land, resources and people. . 

Religion is no proof of the progress, and still can not prove it have brought any civilisation to the world! 

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Can you be so kind to tell me what have changed in 2500 years if you compare to the Roman Empire? Before "our" time, our religious civilations, there where civilations already in the Middle east not influenced by our religions. 

You discredit ancient intellectuals as greek philosophers and other thinkers and politicians from that time. Religion brought alot cruality with it self to get in power of land, resources and people. . 

Religion is no proof of the progress, and still can not prove it have brought any civilisation to the world! 

Sorry, where did i discredit anything or anyone ??

FYI, the Ancient Greeks had religion, so the Babilonians, the Phoenicians, the Egyptians, and if we go further back in time, i'd bet there were religions.

According to the Theosophist society, before the flood there were religions too.

Even the primitive tribal societies had animist religion.

22 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Really, i don't know what are you trying to say here, so, what's the aim of argument and discussion ?

Lol... I completely missed your point there with your last five words.... that was really cool ????????????

1 minute ago, farcanell said:

Lol... I completely missed your point there with your last five words.... that was really cool ????????????

It's ok, i was a bit confused about your post too. I went there looking 2 or 3 times :biggrin:

... Sorry for being a bit sarcastic, sometimes i just can't help.

Have a look at all of the people who have been killed/murdered in the name of religion and maybe just maybe you will change your opinion but I doubt it. Oh. that's right "The Devil made me do it" This guy and all of the previous leaders of this money making order is delisusional. Without any religion the world would be a far far better place!!!

On 10/9/2018 at 9:38 AM, robblok said:

You must have not read everything i posted, i just said that religion enhances violence. I did not say once religion is gone all violence will be gone. Like you said evil is in man but some things can bring it out more then other things. Religion is one of those things.

Religion has been abused for many terrible things, just think about the crusades, the inquisition, and many other things. 

We will never live in a perfect world.  Plus i highly doubt that religion will die out in 1 to 2 generations. 

Where there is a need there will be a market.

On 10/9/2018 at 12:47 PM, robblok said:

With true believers i mean people who actually believe the stuff of their religion.

A person that really believes his religion and gets absolution means his crimes are off his mind he is absolved. Of course if you don't truly believe you won't believe in absolution too.

Just to make one thing clear, i have nothing against religious people just against those religious people who use their religion to impede on the freedom/life of others. I have nothing against those that just keep their religion at home and don't bother people. I do have a problem with people who tell me that shops can't be open on a Sunday because its the day of the lord (insert other day for other religion). Its ok if they don't want to shop or work but to aply it to people who don't share their religion is crazy. (just an example). Same like euthanasia... if i want it why should a religious person be allowed to stop me from having it. Religion should only apply to those that follow the religion and they should stop trying to force others to live by their rules.

If they don't want euthanasia.. then don't but let others do as they want. 

I think you miss a point. If they all kept their beliefs, opinions, prejudices, etc. to themselves, they would have empty lives with nothing to do all day long. At least a suicide bomber has a hobby to keep him occupied, albeit not for very long, and a goal to aim for, even though virgins in paradise have become akin to hens' teeth. The evangalists have music, marches and a book to read. And, you can even make money at it...

On 10/9/2018 at 7:49 PM, Spidey said:

Yep. Scientologists. Based on several books actually. All by that science fiction author L. Ron Hubbard.

Good one! But not the book I meant, and I doubt that Scientology disturbs half the world before dawn and insists you know which way to Gillman Hot Springs. Nor do they make a habit of chopping off heads, hands, etc.

Not sure about abusing kids.

Just now, Grusa said:

Good one! But not the book I meant, and I doubt that Scientology disturbs half the world before dawn and insists you know which way to Gillman Hot Springs. Nor do they make a habit of chopping off heads, hands, etc.

Not sure about abusing kids.

I live within earshot of 2 mosques in Pattaya. One fires off at 04.30 the other at 05.00. As I used to live in a Moslem country, it brings back happy memories for me.

One unusual thing about the call to prayer here is that women often do the calling. Quite beautiful, I love listening to it as I have my first coffee of the day on the patio.

Archived