Pope blames devil for Church divisions, scandals, seeks angel's help

webfact

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I am happy to see so many atheist, i hope that religion is gone in a few generations. I doubt it as the poison has survived through the ages.

Just imagine how much less death and destruction there will be if there is no religion. Sure we will find something else but probably not on the scale of religion.

I totally agree. However, whilst the RCs may be digging themselves into a hole in the ground, there is another and even more overtly evil organised religion, growing bigger and stronger than any before, literally outbreeding us, and threatening the safety and security of us all. It seems highly unlikely that it will simply disappear. It bases itself on a book, too, and it's not Harry Potter.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Grusa said:

I totally agree. However, whilst the RCs may be digging themselves into a hole in the ground, there is another and even more overtly evil organised religion, growing bigger and stronger than any before, literally outbreeding us, and threatening the safety and security of us all. It seems highly unlikely that it will simply disappear. It bases itself on a book, too, and it's not Harry Potter.

Yes of course but when I talk about religion i include the religion you mention too. Its indeed a more dangerous religion i don't think it will be gone anytime soon. All religion is dangerous.. but religions with lots of poor uneducated people  as follower are extra dangerous.

1 minute ago, Grusa said:

There are about 14 million Jews in the world. They have produced over 200 Nobel Prize winners in fields such as physics, chemistry and medicine.

There were about 1.8 billion Muslim adherents in the world in 2015. In the same fields, Muslims have produced TWO Nobel Prize winners.

There is an inverse correlation between the level of education of women, and the number of children they produce.

Ignorance is humankind's greatest enemy.

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Well. So if atheism is the perfect solution, we will live in a perfect world within 1 or 2 generations.

Evil is in the man, not necessarily in religion or philosophy.

I am not religious btw.

Whilst this is undeniably a good point, the Sacrament of “confession” does nothing to prevent crimes, but rather, enables it.... ergo, the church enables crime ( of all sorts)

Remove enablers, and logically their will be a reduction in (visible) instances of crime/ evil, if not evil itself.

2 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Whilst this is undeniably a good point, the Sacrament of “confession” does nothing to prevent crimes, but rather, enables it.... ergo, the church enables crime ( of all sorts)

Remove enablers, and logically their will be a reduction in (visible) instances of crime/ evil, if not evil itself.

No, sorry , i don't buy that. "confession" in itself does not enable crimes.

I don't believe that criminals go straight to the church to confess crimes either.

More on topic, i would compare the Pope to a politician, and i never heard of a politician attacking his followers.

That said, obviously there is something rotten in Denmark.

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

No, sorry , i don't buy that. "confession" in itself does not enable crimes.

I don't believe that criminals go straight to the church to confess crimes either.

More on topic, i would compare the Pope to a politician, and i never heard of a politician attacking his followers.

That said, obviously there is something rotten in Denmark.

It does not enable crimes.. but it does make true believers feel better about being a criminal. Because all you need to do is confess and its all forgotten. At least that is how a true believer sees it. 

24 minutes ago, Grusa said:

As they worship the same god, then god must be pretty happy with himself, to see a rise in worshipper numbers, by whatever name.

and... as these new worshippers appear more fervent in their belief, then perhaps god is jumping ship, and supporting his growing fan base, by piling misery on those that just give her lip service

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

That is quite wrong, but I have noticed that people that haven't read the Bible have some very strange ideas about it.

23 instances of the devil in the Bible.

I find the Pope's defense of the church bizarre however. He is basically admitting his priests are controlled by the devil.

Admittedly, I only scanned the OP very quickly, but I think he is saying that the devil is behind those who dared to point out the abuse and cover up - as opposed to the priests that committed the abuse and the hierarchy that did their very best to hide it?

Either way, this sort of comment makes it very clear that he's doing his best to continue the cover up - by blaming it on the devil.....

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

It does not enable crimes.. but it does make true believers feel better about being a criminal. Because all you need to do is confess and its all forgotten. At least that is how a true believer sees it. 

I don't know any "true believers" but i guess you're being a bit sarcastic there.

If you're talking about bigots, i might partially agree with you.

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Admittedly, I only scanned the OP very quickly, but I think he is saying that the devil is behind those who dared to point out the abuse and cover up - as opposed to the priests that committed the abuse and the hierarchy that did their very best to hide it?

Either way, this sort of comment makes it very clear that he's doing his best to continue the cover up - by blaming it on the devil.....

He's blaming the abusers and the whistle-blowers in the same speech.

It looks like he's dancing on a very thin rope.

Just now, mauGR1 said:

I don't know any "true believers" but i guess you're being a bit sarcastic there.

If you're talking about bigots, i might partially agree with you.

With true believers i mean people who actually believe the stuff of their religion.

A person that really believes his religion and gets absolution means his crimes are off his mind he is absolved. Of course if you don't truly believe you won't believe in absolution too.

Just to make one thing clear, i have nothing against religious people just against those religious people who use their religion to impede on the freedom/life of others. I have nothing against those that just keep their religion at home and don't bother people. I do have a problem with people who tell me that shops can't be open on a Sunday because its the day of the lord (insert other day for other religion). Its ok if they don't want to shop or work but to aply it to people who don't share their religion is crazy. (just an example). Same like euthanasia... if i want it why should a religious person be allowed to stop me from having it. Religion should only apply to those that follow the religion and they should stop trying to force others to live by their rules.

If they don't want euthanasia.. then don't but let others do as they want. 

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

And logically, by extension, a criminal who feels happier about being a criminal, is more likely to continue to commit criminal actions.... and thereby set societal norms.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

With true believers i mean people who actually believe the stuff of their religion.

A person that really believes his religion and gets absolution means his crimes are off his mind he is absolved. Of course if you don't truly believe you won't believe in absolution too.

Just to make one thing clear, i have nothing against religious people just against those religious people who use their religion to impede on the freedom/life of others. I have nothing against those that just keep their religion at home and don't bother people. I do have a problem with people who tell me that shops can't be open on a Sunday because its the day of the lord (insert other day for other religion). Its ok if they don't want to shop or work but to aply it to people who don't share their religion is crazy. (just an example). Same like euthanasia... if i want it why should a religious person be allowed to stop me from having it. Religion should only apply to those that follow the religion and they should stop trying to force others to live by their rules.

If they don't want euthanasia.. then don't but let others do as they want. 

I am in complete agreement with what you say, behind every fanaticism there is ignorance.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And there are still many many millions of people who believe in god, angles, the devil, ...

It would be unbelievable - if it wouldn't actually happen.

We are told that God is in charge of everything and yet he is not blamed for the deaths and injuries  of thousands in natural disasters or of millions in terrible wars, but is credited with saving the lives of a few by those praying to him.

It is really handy having someone (the devil) to blame for everything that goes wrong in our lives and also having someone to heap praise on when things go right, or when a tiny proportion of the "wrongs" are righted.  

34 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

He's blaming the abusers and the whistle-blowers in the same speech.

It looks like he's dancing on a very thin rope.

???????????????? a “politician” ( as proposed earlier), blaming abusers and whistleblowers..... ????????????????.... where have we seen this before... oh... the don... ????????????????.... oops

10 minutes ago, farcanell said:

???????????????? a “politician” ( as proposed earlier), blaming abusers and whistleblowers..... ????????????????.... where have we seen this before... oh... the don... ????????????????.... oops

Really, i don't know what are you trying to say here, so, what's the aim of argument and discussion ?

Actually Pope Francis, the problem is entirely on you.  You had a chance to clean house.  You didn't.  Then ya'll wonder why lapsed-Catholics like myself have gravitated elsewhere.  The Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church is a disgrace.  And if it's the Devil's fault as you infer, then dear Francis, he has you in his pocket. 

2 minutes ago, connda said:

Actually Pope Francis, the problem is entirely on you.  You had a chance to clean house.  You didn't.  Then ya'll wonder why lapsed-Catholics like myself have gravitated elsewhere.  The Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church is a disgrace.  And if it's the Devil's fault as you infer, then dear Francis, he has you in his pocket. 

Very harsh.

He's trying to keep a sinking ship afloat.

Not my ship, and not your ship, i guess. but..

....Unless you are a hero, you can't blame him for not being one.

Always trust old men in expensive suits and dresses. 

Abusive people find their way trough religion or poor people or either way arund! Human race is a dissaster! 

Mother earth will fix, but for the better or worse, who knows. Killer whales is some smart playfull killing bastards to! Dolphin raping humans as well, and grey monkeys? Homosexual pingvins, stealing eggs from females. Nature is gruefull. 

288B6624-051B-498F-BD94-586386988D0A.jpeg

59CB9056-7EE4-405C-AB45-12C693DB5A43.jpeg

CDBB0925-6872-4C14-887A-9C399F655D9C.jpeg

B1835990-B66C-4354-96F7-785E7F6647A7.jpeg

There is either God or there are aliens or they are the same thing. As for the Devil, he could well be lurking around in some persona or other, considering how much discourse there is going on at the moment worldwide. What or who he actually is or could be is obviously not clear and can be debated. Humans will be the architect of their own undoing...whether assisted by an entity or not. Can be fairly sure of that though. Ironically, in the future, we could well turn out to actually be the aliens on the earth in actual fact.

4 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Really, i don't know what are you trying to say here, so, what's the aim of argument and discussion ?

Poor humor that went over your head..... humor in that some see the pope as a politician

the pope, who is blaming abusers and whistleblowers.... is a politician who is blaming abusers and victims

a parallel can be seen in another world “leader” who blames accusers and whistleblowers, which is what amused me

7 hours ago, Grusa said:

Yep. Scientologists. Based on several books actually. All by that science fiction author L. Ron Hubbard.

Archived