Pattaya: Vacant plot owners urged to put up fences to deter littering and fly-tipping

webfact

Pattaya: Vacant plot owners urged to put up fences to deter littering and fly-tipping 

7PM1.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

The Pattaya authorities are to contact owners of vacant plots in the city in an attempt to get them to erect fencing to stop littering and fly tipping. 

A delegation from City Hall were in the Thepprasit Soi 7 to Jomtien Sai 2 area yesterday to inspect an area where construction debris, old furniture and all manner of litter was creating an eyesore. 

The authorities are often receiving complaints about the matter, reported Sophon Cable TV on Facebook. 

7PM2.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Posters said that Soi 7 was not the only place in that area where there was a problem. 

City Hall can be contacted on 1337 to make complaints about littering and fly-tipping. 

People arrested face 2,000 baht fines. 

Source: Sophon Cable

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-10

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

You totally right 

And with a fine only 2000 b they really don't care 

Better garbish collection system now is needed 

The city where I live had (until they had to make cuts), a free bulk collections for domestic bulk wast, principle was it was cheaper to collect it than clear it up after it had been dumped.

A fence may stop rubbish being dumped in that location, but I see plenty of areas where it is dumped on the side of the road. There is only one solution and that's education from an early age to make people see how disgusting it is.

this is not only a Pattaya phenomenon, this is a country wide problem.

Up-country my wife has a plot of land which we are not cultivating. We've a big signed, please not fly-tipping and a fence but nobody gives a f..k even the police is dumping their garbage.

The hit in the face is, from time to time one of these princes pass this area and my wife got ordered to clean the land or to face charges. So every few month I have to clean the land of my own cost.

But who cares, only a falang has to pay and the culprit get scot-free out of the affair.

• Like 1

Just now, OttoPollmann said:

Up-country my wife has a plot of land which we are not cultivating. We've a big signed, please not fly-tipping and a fence but nobody gives a f..k even the police is dumping their garbage.

The hit in the face is, from time to time one of these princes pass this area and my wife got ordered to clean the land or to face charges. So every few month I have to clean the land of my own cost.

But who cares, only a falang has to pay and the culprit get scot-free out of the affair.

You might pay but it's not your land. If your wife was single or married to a Thai, they would have to pay

And again  no mention of where the official  dumping/recycling site is located in the Pattaya /Jomtien area...why maybe because there isn't one ?????

43 minutes ago, Lodestone said:

"fly tipping" Another Briticism I've never heard of.

not to be confused with "cow tipping"  ????

1 hour ago, OttoPollmann said:

That would be flying <deleted>

Please think this through.  Why would any the local government spend their hard-earned funds on a needless project and productive manner?  It is obvious that the local government is doing everything possible to alleviate the problem by not expending any effort or money to reduce their lack of authority or action when they can have the landowners pay so that any excess funds from the budget(s) they are not spending can continue to be shovelled into their own property, i.e. pockets, etc.

'nuf sed

Edited by wotsdermatter

As usual, the city complains about something but does absolutely nothing to solve the problem.  Have a designated place for free trash dumping.  Have a city crew that cleans trash from empty lots.  Make the dumping fine 20,000 baht not 2,000 baht.  Require vacant plots to be fenced.  Install some cameras at problem areas. 

8 hours ago, mok199 said:

Thais have total Disrespect for Thailand and its enviornment.

Alas fly tipping  is an enormous problem now in the UK. Roma immigrants and Irish travellers are the main  culprits. But rubbish dumps are expensive now  so many people are tempted to fly tip.  Cozy Beach has an awful garbage problem. Its not organised fly tipping but just a build up of dumped rubbish. Perhaps the army could do something useful and cleat it up.

Edited by The manic

19 hours ago, 300sd said:

That will beautify the place! Out of site out of mind.

A better idea may be to hire a police force to uphold the littering laws, since you don't have a force that does that now, obviously!

The tipping takes place at night; Pattaya Plod don't work nights... or weekends .... or when it's hot .... or looks like rain.