Gov.uk Petition - Reinstate Pension / Income Letter

On 10/10/2018 at 4:13 PM, elviajero said:

Petition signed, but I think you will struggle to get the requisite 10K signatures.

Yes, I wonder if 10k emails might not be more effective - a petition is far easier to sweep aside than a ddos attack of complaints. 

• Like 1

A bit of topic ,does anyone know why if you live in Thailand  we do not get the full amount of pension as one would get if you live in the UK?

Just started receiving my first pension payment.

Edited by akampa

4 minutes ago, akampa said:

A bit of topic ,does anyone know why if you live in Thailand  do not get the full amount of pension as one would get if you live in the UK?

you do but there are no increases for inflation that you would get if you lived in the UK and no 'additions', like help with heating costs etc.

4 hours ago, akampa said:

A bit of topic ,does anyone know why if you live in Thailand  we do not get the full amount of pension as one would get if you live in the UK?

Have a look at this long ongoing topic for info.

• Like 1

I too have been brushed off by the Embassy when asking for their assurance that Immigration will not demand a proof of income letter.

The points that I raised were tap danced around. Their anodyne reply simply pointed to money arriving in my account and a bank letter showing funds transferred and the same funds showing in my bank book.

My question were the Embassy aware that some Immigration offices quoting their own interpretation of the rules did insist on Embassy letters was studiously ignored.

I would suggest that we phone or visit the Immigration offices in our respective areas and ask if they require a proof of income letter for all nationalities and will continue to do so.

I have also asked French and American friends to contact their Embassies to see if letters will continue to be provided. Are we alone ?

To be frank the way Embassy has handled this matter would possibly show a lack of  competence at a high level.

Should we be the only Embassy acting in this way then possibly letters to the Shadow Foreign Secretary might be a way foreward.

I suggest the Shadow Minister as raising the matter in Parliament is possibly best done using the opposition.  I fear the Government would Bury the question if given the chance.

Possibly also a letter or well crafted emails to The Sun, Express and Mail these being the most widely read newspapers and whilst they are pro Government they do enjoy a little mischief . Were this rout to be chosen vague rambling or off point letters could be a disaster. A jointly composed letter focus only on the Embassy proof of income would I think be best  sent both to the Shadow secretary and the papers.

We should remain aware that the future careers of some Embassy staff could be damaged by this matter and we should also be aware that these same people will undoubtedly be following these posts.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 6:14 PM, soalbundy said:

Kudo's to you but how do we get 10,000 signatures ?

Put it on your Facebook page and ask you family and friends to sign up.

I did and I was the first on my page, 14 other friends and family signed up.

My ex wife didn't so if I do have to leave Thailand I will become homeless outside her front door to give her a guilt trip.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richiejom said:

I notice the more it is posted in these threads the more signatures it gets...thats because it is more visible to people directly affected that way...for example if I post again now here: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/230120   it will probably get another 2 signatures

keep posting then !

I too have contacted the Embassy asking if cash in my account and or income from the UK arriving monthly will suffice lacking a letter from the Embassy. The Embassy has slithered around the question and repeated this act when I again requested a difinitive yes or no.

The apparent lack of competence shown by whomsoever negotiated this arrangement is staggering.

I am writing to the Welsh  and Scottish Parliaments as their citizens are too caught in this debacle and to the Shadow Foreign Secretary in London.

The Embassy has taken a path that no other Embassy is treading and logic indicates that the reason for its actions are not seen as valid by its fellow Ambassadors. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, john smith said:

I too have contacted the Embassy asking if cash in my account and or income from the UK arriving monthly will suffice lacking a letter from the Embassy. The Embassy has slithered around the question and repeated this act when I again requested a difinitive yes or no.

The apparent lack of competence shown by whomsoever negotiated this arrangement is staggering.

I am writing to the Welsh  and Scottish Parliaments as their citizens are too caught in this debacle and to the Shadow Foreign Secretary in London.

The Embassy has taken a path that no other Embassy is treading and logic indicates that the reason for its actions are not seen as valid by its fellow Ambassadors. 

You are wasting your time. The problem has been caused by Thai immigration. You need to lobby them.

• Sad 1

The problem here is many are out of touch with the western mindset.

What do they really think of us?

Pedos
Sexual predators

This is why the petition won't win over westerners ESPECIALLY females

Both my ex wives are convinced that hookers are sex slaves and get beaten by pimps. Nothing I say convinces them otherwise

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

You are wasting your time. The problem has been caused by Thai immigration. You need to lobby them.

I disagree with you.

If it were the Thai Immigration problem, ALL embassies would be affected but at this point it only seems to be the UK embassy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I disagree with you.

If it were the Thai Immigration problem, ALL embassies would be affected but at this point it only seems to be the UK embassy.

So if the British embassy continue to produce letters that don’t confirm they’ve validated the income source, are immigration going to accept ithem?

Other embassies could well follow if the problem, caused by immigration, isn’t sorted.

So if the British embassy continue to produce letters that don’t confirm they’ve validated the income source, are immigration going to accept ithem?

Other embassies could well follow if the problem, caused by immigration, isn’t sorted.

There own staff showed a shocking lack of knowledge on immigration procedures in a recent interview and if they are that stupid I guarantee they misinterpreted what thai immigration actually want from them and pulled the pin by mistake!

39 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

There own staff showed a shocking lack of knowledge on immigration procedures in a recent interview and if they are that stupid I guarantee they misinterpreted what thai immigration actually want from them and pulled the pin by mistake!

Really? The only criteria published by immigration states that “evidence of income” is required; nothing about embassy cerification, and nothing that would discount proof of income regularly being deposited into a Thai bank account. The latter being the most sensible method.

I’m not defending the British Embassy. They are useless, but people are misunderstanding the situation and blaming the wrong people.

Really? The only criteria published by immigration states that “evidence of income” is required; nothing about embassy cerification, and nothing that would discount proof of income regularly being deposited into a Thai bank account. The latter being the most sensible method.

I’m not defending the British Embassy. They are useless, but people are misunderstanding the situation and blaming the wrong people.
Really? My last extension nearly got rejected because I failed to put 65 k "per month "

It just said 65k but serious enough to get approval by her supervisor.

No chance of approval without the income letter

21 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It does not state it in the police orders going back at least for 12 years. But the proof from an embassy has been a standard requirement for the proof of income for about twenty years or more as far as I know..

I think it is written in a old ministerial order going back to when they started doing extensions requiring proof of income.

27 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Really? My last extension nearly got rejected because I failed to put 65 k "per month "

It just said 65k but serious enough to get approval by her supervisor.

No chance of approval without the income letter

I know they currently only accept embassy certification. You’re missing the point.

You accused the embassy staff of showing a lack of knowledge. My point was that the published ‘rules’, as they stand, do not stop immigration using other methods as proof of income should they decide to do so; therefore, what the embassy are saying is correct or possible based on those published ‘rules’.