Pattaya sweeps homeless off Jomtien Beach

Rimmer

On 10/13/2018 at 1:17 PM, unamazedloso said:

can they come here and take my usless neighbours away then? they all live illegaly, upto 8 families in one 10m sq box basically in one case. Incest and such is also taking place by the looks of it... Only one person works and only half the kids go to school and the rest steal all day long and collect rubbish and omg the egos.... Aparantley its thai culture to steal and not obey land laws, respect anyone else, shower, etc... Thats what theyve told my wife anyway.

These people dont want educating they just want everything without working for it or nothing at all. No grey area for some homeless...

Before anyone criticizes my 2cents. I was homeless when young.

When you look at their faces you just have a strong intuitive feeling that nothing you can do to help them. No, it's not a question of me looking down at them, despise them or anything like that. This helplessness feeling comes up inside you. You realize nothing you couldn't do to help let alone change anything at all.

They are everywhere in Thailand I want to ask God why he creates such problem for us to solve, is it fun?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, madusa said:

When you look at their faces you just have a strong intuitive feeling that nothing you can do to help them. No, it's not a question of me looking down at them, despise them or anything like that. This helplessness feeling comes up inside you. You realize nothing you couldn't do to help let alone change anything at all.

They are everywhere in Thailand I want to ask God why he creates such problem for us to solve, is it fun?

Well..you don't have to make it a life long project or expect them to turn into professors of mathematics overnight-and condemn them when they don't..

Often the mentally ill..or alcholics/drugs where they have been shaken loose from any support networks that they may have had.

Yes, a smile, a gift and move on..might prevent someone from starving to death that day.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 3:41 PM, KhunFred said:

Some of these people are severely mentally ill and in various stages of malnutrition. I don't care WHAT the circumstances are that led them to this point. This situation is abhorrent and immoral Don't dare tell me that Thailand is too poor to provide food and shelter for such people. This is heartbreaking to see. I try to give some of these people forty baht, so they can buy a bowl of soup, but this is like spitting in the ocean, in terms of making a real difference. What are the pious monks doing to alleviate this suffering??? NOTHING. I welcome the day when Thailand has to pay for the sins against its people.

What do you mean "I welcome the day when Thailand has to pay for the sins against its people."?

You mean, the military government , the big corporations(evading taxes and stuffing their suitcases with profits from these people) giving nothing back to the people.

Who else have to pay for the sins? Oh, I nearly forgot the pimps and his big boss who runs the brothels making easy money.

YingLuck said, "what? they have no food to eat?, Let them eat cakes".

How often do you see the top 5 percent rich visit any of these places, they don't.

How about the top 10 percent, they say "even the poor enjoy watching world cup soccer". They are not so poor they say.

Only the Farangs are in touch with reality. If you Farang try to set up a community to give free foods to these people I don't think the government like it. Because it makes them loose Faces they are more concerned with faces.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2018 at 11:33 AM, Odysseus123 said:

You realize nothing you couldn't do to help let alone change anything at all.

that's right. you can help but you can't change them unless you devote your years for one person and a positive outcome is still not guaranteed as the drugs arrived long before you did