'United against racism', Germans stage mass protest against far right

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

The EU could have set up refugee camps, rather than allow incoming asylum seekers/refugees/migrants/whatever freedom of movement. This may have allowed a better assessment of claims, needs, scope and provision of aid. Another option would have been to extend further budgets to countries serving as "first stop" - whether in the ME or in Southern Europe.

i always appreciated your sense of realism Morch. what you are presenting above are wet dreams. sorry for being blunt. :jap:

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The world just needs some people that know the Thai immigration system and have been jerked around a few times by them to get in power. Then will western countries have the solution to their immigration problems. Raid, Fine, Jail, Deport. Rinse and Repeat. 

4 minutes ago, Naam said:

i always appreciated your sense of realism Morch. what you are presenting above are wet dreams. sorry for being blunt. :jap:

I don't mind blunt from some posters - you, for instance. But do tell...How is what was posted above any more a "wet dream" than the headless chicken path taken? Mind, I wasn't claiming all of the listed options could have been executed simultaneously, or even fully. The point was to highlight that the stance of there-was-no-other-option is nonsense.

It is not predicting, it is obvious.
Please note I have no problem with multiculturism, but muslims invading my country has nothing to do with culture. They want to slaughter their sheep at home, they want muslim teaching in schools, they want seperate swimming time in public swimming pools, they want the right to cover their face in public, they want to profit from our social systems, they want Mosques everywhere, they installed their own political parties who will soon put elected muslims in power. All this are not predictions but reality. Open your eyes!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
OPEN YOUR EYES.
Dont waste your breath,"there are none so blind as those who do not want to see"

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, Morch said:
3 hours ago, Naam said:

I don't mind blunt from some posters - you, for instance. But do tell...How is what was posted above any more a "wet dream" than the headless chicken path taken? Mind, I wasn't claiming all of the listed options could have been executed simultaneously, or even fully. The point was to highlight that the stance of there-was-no-other-option is nonsense.

a still-born option would have been your suggestion:

The EU could have set up refugee camps...

27 clownish representatives in Brussels from 27 countries who never put in one honest day of work in their lives would have agreed in time and worked out the logistics to setup camps for several hundred thousands? gimme a break mate!

they'd discuss in Brussels to this very day whether the barbed wire around the camp should be stainless steel or a cheaper version, which signs in what languages/scripts or icons should be placed in toilets and whether vegetables for food should be harvested the halal way. :guitar:

9 hours ago, Opl said:

Asylum seekers do not want to live in impoverished countries - just like economic migrants : " when the Syrian civil war broke out, the Germans had seemed to want to help them. But concern arose that newcomers who brought over their families would settle down, and later it would be hard to get them to return home and/or to deny them citizenship.  They ( asylum seekers) don’t want to live in impoverished countries or in an environment that they consider hostile. And the more refugees arrive in Germany from Syria, the more they realize that they’re not as welcome as they were when the civil war began in their country. "

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/refugees-on-borrowed-time-1.6343700

As an asylum seeker would you want to stay in a country where you had no rights to legally work, minimal access to education for children and medical care, lack of defined rights for refugee etc etc.

Germany and other countries did very little to assist asylum seekers in the initial years of the Syrian Civil War. Countries such as Turkey and Lebanon were grossly underfunded / resourced, one of the primary reasons which led to the huge numbers entering the EU in 2015 / 2016. EU external border control processes collapsed in 2015 due to lack of intelligence, funding & resources which led to the waiver of the Dublin Agreement.

Of course it is terrible some asylum seekers have committed crimes in their host country, but statistically the number of individuals is very small. IMO it does not justify vilification and discrimination against all. The article you reference talks to crimes committed by illegal economic refugees, not genuine asylum seekers / refugees.

12 hours ago, Morch said:

Like who’s arguing there was ‘no other option’?

Or are you returning to your habit of inventing other people’s points of view on their behalf?

7 hours ago, simple1 said:

As an asylum seeker would you want to stay in a country where you had no rights to legally work, minimal access to education for children and medical care, lack of defined rights for refugee etc etc.

Germany and other countries did very little to assist asylum seekers in the initial years of the Syrian Civil War. Countries such as Turkey and Lebanon were grossly underfunded / resourced, one of the primary reasons which led to the huge numbers entering the EU in 2015 / 2016. EU external border control processes collapsed in 2015 due to lack of intelligence, funding & resources which led to the waiver of the Dublin Agreement.

Of course it is terrible some asylum seekers have committed crimes in their host country, but statistically the number of individuals is very small. IMO it does not justify vilification and discrimination against all. The article you reference talks to crimes committed by illegal economic refugees, not genuine asylum seekers / refugees.

Quote from your statement above -> "Germany and other countries did very little to assist asylum seekers"

In recent years, Germany had to welcome numerous migrants, not only assist asylum seekers

Between 2010 and 2016, the number of Muslims living in Germany rose from 3.3 million (4.1% of the population) to nearly 5 million (6.1%), while the rest of the population shrank modestly from 77.1 million to 76.5 million. 

- Between mid-2010 and mid-2016, Germany accepted an estimated 670,000 refugees, roughly 86% of whom are Muslims. In addition, 680,000 “regular” migrants from outside the EU (non-refugees who moved for economic, family or other reasons) have come to Germany between mid-2010 and mid-2016, although a smaller percentage of these migrants (40%) are Muslims.

- Altogether, Germany received a total of about 1.35 million migrants during this period – including an estimated 850,000 Muslims. "

http://www.pewforum.org/essay/the-growth-of-germanys-muslim-population/

11 hours ago, Naam said:

a still-born option would have been your suggestion:

27 clownish representatives in Brussels from 27 countries who never put in one honest day of work in their lives would have agreed in time and worked out the logistics to setup camps for several hundred thousands? gimme a break mate!

they'd discuss in Brussels to this very day whether the barbed wire around the camp should be stainless steel or a cheaper version, which signs in what languages/scripts or icons should be placed in toilets and whether vegetables for food should be harvested the halal way. :guitar:

We're not actually in disagreement. I've posted similar takes on the EU's effectiveness on past related topics. But the point made here was somewhat different.

If the EU decided it was going to get involved, then there were several ways to approach this. That the path chosen is the obvious daft one, doesn't imply that there were no other options. Nowhere did I claim that the EU could have effectively executed all of the steps mentioned. But there is quite a range of possibilities between making even a partial effort along such lines, and the way things panned out.

And anyway, it's not as if choosing the path taken worked out well with regard to the EU's internal disagreements and friction. Nor did it provide good answers as to future policies.

To put it, perhaps, in other words, the EU could have chosen to fail in a different manner?

Edit - Oh yeah, providing more support for "first stop" countries (whether in the ME or Southern Europe) could have alleviated some of the pressure and perhaps cost less in the long run. That could have been achieved, I think, with less of hassle compared to actually dealing with things.

4 hours ago, Opl said:

Quote from your statement above -> "Germany and other countries did very little to assist asylum seekers"

In recent years, Germany had to welcome numerous migrants, not only assist asylum seekers

Between 2010 and 2016, the number of Muslims living in Germany rose from 3.3 million (4.1% of the population) to nearly 5 million (6.1%), while the rest of the population shrank modestly from 77.1 million to 76.5 million. 

- Between mid-2010 and mid-2016, Germany accepted an estimated 670,000 refugees, roughly 86% of whom are Muslims. In addition, 680,000 “regular” migrants from outside the EU (non-refugees who moved for economic, family or other reasons) have come to Germany between mid-2010 and mid-2016, although a smaller percentage of these migrants (40%) are Muslims.

- Altogether, Germany received a total of about 1.35 million migrants during this period – including an estimated 850,000 Muslims. "

http://www.pewforum.org/essay/the-growth-of-germanys-muslim-population/

You're twisting the context of my comment. What I said was "Germany and other countries did very little to assist asylum seekers in the initial years of the Syrian Civil War"(commenced 03/2011). i.e. for funding and resourcing for bordering countries. However, regards German immigration policy details at the link below. A brief reference to asylum seeker intake in the period I mentioned....

The number of asylum applicants has also risen steeply in the last years. Between 2012 and 2013 there was a 70% increase. In total there were 109,580 applications in 2013. Between 2013 and 2014 the figure increased by a further 60%. In 2014 23% of the applicants came from Syria, 10% from Serbia and 8% from Eritrea. In January 2015 24.6% applicants came from Syria, 14% from Kosovo and 9.4% from Serbia. In comparison to other countries such as Lebanon or Turkey Germany offers very few people asylum. 

https://www.domid.org/en/migration-history-germany

Archived