Final night of Vegetarian Festival in Phuket – Photo montage

webfact

Final night of Vegetarian Festival in Phuket – Photo montage

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

25611017_181018_0065.jpg

The final night of the annual vegetarian festival in Phuket Town is one of the most exciting, out-of-control, intense and noisy public events in the world.

It’s also very dangerous. But, somehow, the participants, mostly, remain unscathed by the sense-assaulting final night activities which sends the nine emperor gods back to their home in the skies.

For three hours firecrackers are constantly exploding on and around the marchers, and spectators too. Acrid smoke fills the air and the noise can be heard for kilometres.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/final-night-of-vegetarian-festival-in-phuket-photo-montage

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-10-18
  • Sad 1

On 10/18/2018 at 10:14 AM, Esso49 said:

From the text it says "But, somehow, the participants, mostly, remain unscathed".  So I guess that leaves the minority of these idiots as badly burned and maimed for life ?

If you ever visit the last day of vegetarian festival, you'll understand that it's inevitable that there is going to be some people who get hurt.

It's an spectacle which I have not experienced anywhere in the world. Really worth of visit.

12 hours ago, oilinki said:

If you ever visit the last day of vegetarian festival, you'll understand that it's inevitable that there is going to be some people who get hurt.

It's an spectacle which I have not experienced anywhere in the world. Really worth of visit.

You're right, I have been a couple of times and it is an amazing experience. Dangerous, yes, but this is Thailand.