One step closer to legalisation

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“Even though there is small chance of Thailand legalising recreational cannabis at the moment, I believe it will eventually do so because the global trend is moving in that direction,” she said. 

Once the Thai officials figure out how to save face in regards to cannabis, it will become legal. I'm thinking sooner than later as there is just to much money at stake.

Some Thais tend to follow the latest trend and most tend to go away fairly quickly, which can be a good thing. Remember the milk bar one? Regardless, in the last year or so, I have seen more and more Thais wearing t-shirts with a pot design so maybe another trend is starting...

potb.JPG

Edited by missoura
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, missoura said:

Once the Thai officials figure out how to save face in regards to cannabis, it will become legal. I'm thinking sooner than later as there is just to much money at stake.

Some Thais tend to follow the latest trend and most tend to go away fairly quickly, which can be a good thing. Remember the milk bar one? Regardless, in the last year or so, I have seen more and more Thais wearing t-shirts with a pot design so maybe another trend is starting...

potb.JPG

She just thinks it is a pretty leaf, that smells good.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Wonder why this suddenly seems such an urgent issue to deal with?

I wonder why you think it's being treated as an urgent issue? I don't see anything that suggests it's urgent - it's being considered but I don't see that there's any particular urgency being attached to it.

As the person who is quoted the most frequently in the article (Chokwan Kitty Chopaka) points out, there's still a long way to go.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Denim said:

So many governments apparently getting it so wrong for so long.

Too late for me. With high blood pressure to deal with won't be smoking anything at all ever again.

It comes in edible and topical solution form.  The topical solutions do not induce any high, but reduce pain.

6 hours ago, bobbin said:

You wonder why you are seeing reports like this in the news lately? Really?

The bill to re-schedule cannabis in Thailand is sponsored by the present government. It's a done deal.. These articles are what is necessary to prepare the people for an about-face after 40 years of suppression.

You are one of the opponents with outdated beliefs. This is understandable given the amount of "reefer madness" propaganda that people have been subjected to, in order to justify the drug war. Which, by the way, has been won..by drugs.

It's a new dawn.

I don't object to ANY drugs providing that the person taking them is  fully  responsible for their actions to others and can accept that if  their actions cause a problem they DO have to pay either in cash jail or death.

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

rare significant good news we hear thru the main news channels

Yes- but the medicinal oil etc - does not contain THC - does not get you high- and has proved effective in treating epilepsy etc. 

Anyone else experienced real pot heads - who are seemingly incapable of stringing two comprehensible words together ( and used to a while back call you ‘man ‘ all the time. 

Of course we do not dare to mention well documented increase of mental illness and impaired learning amongst young teenagers ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

rare significant good news we hear thru the main news channels

Theres enough piss heads here and death on the roads already without weed.......hash......or whatever you call it. I cant believe thailand going down this road with their beliefs but its still a sex capital so why not hash as well well CRAZY

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Wonder why this suddenly seems such an urgent issue to deal with?

One would think this country has more important things to deal with?

I can see already the traffic accident statistics climbing to new heights in addition to the drunks , the ones high on meth we will have the rest driving around stoned.

If there is money to be made - like with cigarettes - governments don’t seem to care if their citizens become addicted or not.

I can see already a huge black market developing not for “medical use” another great tea money earner for the police.

Wonder what their neighbors to the south have to say about that?

Malaysia and Singapore still have the death penalty - even for cannabis.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Did you not read the article? It does clearly state the Malaysia is seriously considering medical marijuana...

thinking of moving to canada...

the thai gov should realize they have to legalize it for rec use. Its the best way these clowns can rip as much money as they want and the people will be too happy and occupied to care.

legalize it tomorrow and prayut will be the best dam priminister ever.

Its what this country needs. Thai visa wouldnt be so negative and bitchy any more... good times is all i see.

• Like 2