Hundreds of thousands take to streets in London demanding second Brexit vote

rooster59

46 minutes ago, vogie said:

It is you and your ilk that is ignoring the opinion of the British voting public, we voted out.

A vote based on lies wholly dependant upon those gullible enough to believe them.  If the cap fits !!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Let brexit happen, in years to come there will be many books published as to why voters moved to leave europe

Let us show a bit of spirit, individuality, judging by the amount of people wishing to live on this tiny island the UK must be getting something right.

Otherwise would the worlds migration not be to the wide open spaces of the USA and Australia?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

I also took to the streets yesterday looking for a 75p pound I lost????

you can blame Thailand for that one, the Brexit uncertainty is responsible for about a revolving 5% of the drop from 54 to 43 - the other 15% odd percent is down to the Thai BAHT strengthening against "ALL" mainstream currencies, if the Brexit vote never happened we would be looking at about 47/48 to the pound

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smedly said:

you can blame Thailand for that one, the Brexit uncertainty is responsible for about a revolving 5% of the drop from 54 to 43 - the other 15% odd percent is down to the Thai BAHT strengthening against "ALL" mainstream currencies, if the Brexit vote never happened we would be looking at about 47/48 to the pound

Just a thought. Let's say, for whatever reason, Brexit does not happen next year.  Do you think the pound would recover to 47/48 ? My bet would be 45 at the most, not just due to the Baht's current strength,  but due to the fact confidence in UK's policies and long term plans would be undermined , irrespective of whether you are a Remainer or Brexiteer.

23 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

A vote based on lies wholly dependant upon those gullible enough to believe them.  If the cap fits !!

I see the turnabout remainers as gullible people fearing an economic crash rather than looking for the benefits of 'self rule'

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Just a thought. Let's say, for whatever reason, Brexit does not happen next year.  Do you think the pound would recover to 47/48 ? My bet would be 45 at the most, not just due to the Baht's current strength,  but due to the fact confidence in UK's policies and long term plans would be undermined , irrespective of whether you are a Remainer or Brexiteer.

not really on topic although I do believe that once the UK leaves and we see some stability and the manipulation stops I think 47/48 is about right and in the long term as the UK economy grows untethered by the EU we could possibly see 50 IMO

But sort of off topic

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, smedly said:

So how do you explain that since January 1st 2016 the GBP has lost more than 20% against the THB, while in the same period the EUR has only lost 5%?

Sophon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Expect the pound to drift down to the high thirties early next year.

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

If anybody wants to understand why the UK voted to leave and if they want to understand exactly what the EU is - watch this YouTube video  "The real face of the European Union" 

This was made in 2005, I think. It's one of the things I watched when the referendum was first announced. I waited a long time for any serious challenge to the content of it as I was (believe it or not) far more open-minded then. I'm still waiting. If anyone can challenge anything in it, then now would be a good time.

I think the critical moment concerns the sovereignty issues and constitutional legality of joining the EEC in the first place (from 22:16).

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

Fortunately you and me and possibly many others on this forum won't be around as it is the next several  generations of British people who will learn that they are the real losers.  Due to the folly of this current generation who were mislead, misguided or just downright stupid to vote for Brexit.

Rubbish, you havn't a clue what will happen, it what the country has decided to leave, but to a lot of people it seems it is all about the remainers, accept democracy.

40 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Superb turnout; makes me proud and, more importantly, means we are one step closer to overturning this ill-considered and dangerous decision.  Let the people decide!

Thought they had decided? it was NEVER a "dangerous decision" :sad:

I look at this as a "Losers Protest" ???? 

Sponsored by? ????

Edited by CGW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well Soros pay till the Vote is wright for the Elite.When the Brexit really will happens England will be free and better off., just look Ireland,Norway, and Finland.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, flossie35 said:

Rubbish to you! Nothing was decided: the referendum was advisory. What's undemocratic about seeing whether people have second thoughts?

What part of "The government will impliment what you decide" don't you understand?

Leaflet.PNG

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Expect the pound to drift down to the high thirties early next year.

Quite possible, unfortunately. Sentiment often has a huge and irrational effect. Just look at the US equity markets.