Transfer money out of Thailand ( large sum )

Hi,

I need to know how i can withdraw 1.000.000 bath out of Thailand ( Bangkok bank ) . i'm on PE VISA ( tourist visa ) and i no have work permit.

Before all this money come from outside Thailand ( i have the PASSBOOK proof of all the moviments )

Thank you

MG

59 minutes ago, MarcusJan said:

I need to know how i can withdraw 1.000.000 bath out of Thailand

it would be very helpful to please take a moment to let us know how it went at the bank.

make sure you have all the bank SWIFT codes and routing numbers and account number that you want to transfer to.

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

it would be very helpful to please take a moment to let us know how it went at the bank.

make sure you have all the bank SWIFT codes and routing numbers and account number that you want to transfer to.

Why ? someone else have some problems doing this ?

34 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

there are some people on this forum who will tell you it is very hard to transfer money out of Thailand. In your case it sounds OK because you can trace where the money came from. So do not worry, I just wanted to hear your experience at the bank. 

And transferring is not the same as withdrawing cash. withdrawing cash is very easy because it is not perceived as leaving the country. 

Thank you very much

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

It is not illegal to take 1 million out of the country as cash, but you must declare it.

The rules state a maximum of THB 2 mill. to neighbouring countries and 50k Baht to any other country so yes, it is illegal to take 1 million in Baht out of Thailand if travelling to the West.

https://www.bot.or.th/English/FinancialMarkets/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/Pages/default.aspx

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MarcusJan said:

I have another question, is true that i can just wiretransfert ( international wiretransfert ) from Bangkok bank branch outside the malls ???

Is this possible ?

you can give instructions to make the wire transfer to the branch of the bank that you bank with, they will then relay the instruction to their head office because all international transfers are done centrally rather than at the branch.

I just went to bank ( Bangkok Bank ) and asked to transfer 150,000bt to UK, they just gave me a large form etc and then sent it to Uk bank. Didnt ask anything about it etc etc. May be diferent with larger amounts. But best to just go and ask them.

• Like 1

Just now, anfh said:

I just went to bank ( Bangkok Bank ) and asked to transfer 150,000bt to UK, they just gave me a large form etc and then sent it to Uk bank. Didnt ask anything about it etc etc. May be diferent with larger amounts. But best to just go and ask them.

small amounts such as that present no problem at all.

5 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

you can give instructions to make the wire transfer to the branch of the bank that you bank with, they will then relay the instruction to their head office because all international transfers are done centrally rather than at the branch.

Thank you

On October 27, 2561 BE at 1:23 PM, MarcusJan said:

The bank give me like a form ? the form is in Thai or English ?

Thank you for answer me

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Out-of-Thailand

Go to tHe linked page above. Scroll down a bit to see the link to the application form. It can be filled in on your computer and then printed.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

I just transferred B400K out using a company called TorFX  (google them) based in the UK. Account manager there Adam Solomon was very helpful.

After the required identity checks they set up an "account" in Barclays Bank.

I actually wanted $AUD to be wired to Australia. .which they did at a good rate and NO fees or charges. But only after they had receive Thai baht first.

Used a large Bangkok bank branch ..not a shopping mall one..and they wired or TT'D it to Barclays no problems. Cost B1400 fee which was a standard fee+0.25% of the amount I was sending.

So it can be done but was advised I couldn't expect to do this on a regular basis   once or twice a year was ok.