Gunman targeting Jews kills 11 in Pittsburgh synagogue

rooster59

18 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Maybe yes, maybe no, there are so many tactical scenarios that would be off topic.

But I do know that in at least one Orthodox temple in Alaska, one of more of the parishioners is always armed and as well trained as a police officer.

That's so comforting! If I was even a tad religious I'd head over there right now. I mean, the bible says something about "turning the cheek" but I think they meant "armed to the teeth". They probably got the translation wrong!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

I blame the social media, with people spewing out crap about the Jewish conspiracy, Jews are running the banks, federal reserves, bringing immigrants into the country, Zionists are running the world and Jews are responsible for 9/11.

Nothing really new here, this kind of crap has been writined, spoke preached and told to the world for centuries now, the jews are the roots of all evil in the world, a comforting and apparently very acceptable to many people because that what they were told and thought for generations...

4 minutes ago, farang62 said:

Not a GUN issue, it is a HATE Crime! We have very few compared to other countries. Yes we do have our "NUT" cases, that will not stop in America or any other country!

Very confusing post. Who is "we"?

" that will not stop in America or any other country!"  ?????

6 minutes ago, farang62 said:

Not a GUN issue, it is a HATE Crime! We have very few compared to other countries. Yes we do have our "NUT" cases, that will not stop in America or any other country!

Yes, think of how many more he would have killed had he been armed with a nuclear weapon. And how many less had he been armed with a knife.

Non Americans love to share their wealth of brainwashing on gun laws in America. They have no idea what their ideas are because they blindly follow the propaganda media and are outraged just like they were told to be. Ask them facts or statistics about gun laws or mass shootings, and you will receive a blank stare. Then more outrage. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, farang62 said:

Any other country? US is leader in mass shootings by citizens. How about Switzerland, another country that is heavily armed? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/switzerland-high-rates-gun-ownership-why-doesnt-no-mass-shootings-a8230606.html

36 minutes ago, yougivemebaby said:

Non Americans love to share their wealth of brainwashing on gun laws in America. They have no idea what their ideas are because they blindly follow the propaganda media and are outraged just like they were told to be. Ask them facts or statistics about gun laws or mass shootings, and you will receive a blank stare. Then more outrage. 

ANd thank you for sharing the facts and statistics that support your case. Oh, wait a minute...you didn't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Becker said:

I was being facetious because arming more civilians is actually being proposed as a solution (:crazy::crazy::crazy:) by the gun nutters every time there's a mass murder with military style weapons.

The victims have my deepest sympathy but I know for a fact that the mass killings will just continue until the demographics have changed sufficiently for a proper gun debate to take place.

I don't think it is about demographics as much as cold, hard $$$ in American politics. Billions go into influence lobbies and elections. Rest in peace to these poor souls who made the mistake of living in a corrupt failed state. 

Edited by pegman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wayned said:

Right, there has just been another mass shooting where 11 were killed with an assault rifle at a synagogue in Pittsburgh and the first thing Trump did was protect the NRA by stating that it probably wouldn't have happened if they had armed guards.  He then refused suggestions from his staff to cancel tonight's rally in Illinois and is going ahead with it saying that he couldn't disappoint all of those people.  Absolutely no empathy for anything or anybody.  The only places left in America that will be safe without armed guards will be the donut shops!

"The only places left in America that will be safe without armed guards will be the donut shops!"

Because they're full of cops, right? ????

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

"The only places left in America that will be safe without armed guards will be the donut shops!"

Because they're full of cops, right? ????

Spot on!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Nothing really new here, this kind of crap has been writined, spoke preached and told to the world for centuries now, the jews are the roots of all evil in the world, a comforting and apparently very acceptable to many people because that what they were told and thought for generations...

Indeed. But what is worrying is the spread of anti-semitism among educated young politically active people. In the UK for instance, many left wing supporters of Momentum, the pressure group trying to move the Labor party much further to the left are very anti Israeli, anti Jewish, pro Palestinian and pro Islamic Arabs. A young British teacher at my daughter's Satit school is a Momentum fan and posts some very pro Palestinian and pro Yemeni articles on his FB. His degree is history so he should know better.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. But what is worrying is the spread of anti-semitism among educated young politically active people. In the UK for instance, many left wing supporters of Momentum, the pressure group trying to move the Labor party much further to the left are very anti Israeli, anti Jewish, pro Palestinian and pro Islamic Arabs. A young British teacher at my daughter's Satit school is a Momentum fan and posts some very pro Palestinian and pro Yemeni articles on his FB. His degree is history so he should know better.

Yeah, lots of those bad anti-apartheid people like Jimmy Carter out there. Anti-Zionism and anti-semitism are 2 vastly different concepts, the later being outright racism. No doubt this piece of garbage shooter was an anti-Semite who could care less that Palistinians had their land stolen from them. You ahould be happy to have an educated, fair minded person teaching your child. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, farang62 said:

These are not exclusive issues…  it's a HATE Crime + committed by a NUT Case who used to be considered "a good guy "  trusted enough to be allowed to purchase and carry an AR-15 like assault rifle + other guns.. incidently. Entangling 1st and 2nd Amendments issues,  this drama is a digest of US history.

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

given the gasoline on the fire that he's constantly thrown on issues that rile up the segment of Jew haters that are right wing white nationalist types

Yes, for "Nationalists" (in the U.S.A., these are White Supremacists/Separatists/Aryans/Nationalists, KKK, Blood & Soil, ad nauseam - older, white, poorly-educated, disenfranchised males) when they hear Trump use words like "globalist", or "Soros", that means "Jews" to them. 

I'll let David Duke chime in...

I'm actually quite surprised there haven't been more incidents like this, but maybe they're waiting until after the election, so as to avoid any momentum loss for Trump's party?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And the reason any American, or any civilian anywhere for that matter, needs to be armed with an assault rifle is???

No reason that I can think of other than as part of a nonfunctional collection.

Policy change would cover that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikebike said:

No reason that I can think of other than as part of a nonfunctional collection.

Policy change would cover that.

Except the gun nut lobby and the current Republican lawmakers they've bought and paid for will tolerate basically NO new federal restrictions or limitations on gun use or ownership.

Not banning or restricting assault weapons. Not tougher background checks or waiting periods. Nothing that would actually limit or try to prevent the occurrence of senseless mass shootings by nutters, not to mention all the other kinds of gun violence that take and destroy lives on a regular basis in the U.S.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1