Pattaya Condo and Thai Girlfriend

3 hours ago, VYCM said:

I didn’t say listen to the real estate, I said annoy them. Ask questions then make your own judgement.

Your post said nothing that would help the guy, all you did is try to attack my post.

This guy is new to town and would like feedback, he is here to buy and doesn’t want to hear your moans and groans - “I am a firm believer of never being chained down”, why did you bother writing this?

Location is the most significant factor to property in Pattaya, I’ve seen a lot of housing sold on the Dark Side (east Sukhumvit Road) and most times you can’t sell because of location.

BTW, what were you trying to say – water view, change left over, reinvest another project – what is this?

Thanks pal for understanding my side of the story. Being a keen golfer, I like Pattaya for what it has to offer in its entirety. I am thinking long term (ie retirement). You seem like someone who knows the city well. I always believed you should buy a place in the city centre rather than suburbs albeit it might cost you a bit more.  Any roads / area i should be particularly looking at? Jomtien/Naklua seem a bit out and seem flooded with condos?

I think I would qualify that as "barely" holding their value.
Problem with a lot of resort aea side towns are they heavily reliant on tourists and they have no industry so rent can be an issue.

Still some of the better ones are doing well. I have a mate who owns a few condos in BBK tell me a hard luck story. He was talked out of buying into VT 6 when it was a fraction of the price.

3 hours ago, stiggy23 said:
7 hours ago, VYCM said:

I didn’t say listen to the real estate, I said annoy them. Ask questions then make your own judgement.

Your post said nothing that would help the guy, all you did is try to attack my post.

This guy is new to town and would like feedback, he is here to buy and doesn’t want to hear your moans and groans - “I am a firm believer of never being chained down”, why did you bother writing this?

Location is the most significant factor to property in Pattaya, I’ve seen a lot of housing sold on the Dark Side (east Sukhumvit Road) and most times you can’t sell because of location.

BTW, what were you trying to say – water view, change left over, reinvest another project – what is this?

Thanks pal for understanding my side of the story. Being a keen golfer, I like Pattaya for what it has to offer in its entirety. I am thinking long term (ie retirement). You seem like someone who knows the city well. I always believed you should buy a place in the city centre rather than suburbs albeit it might cost you a bit more.  Any roads / area i should be particularly looking at? Jomtien/Naklua seem a bit out and seem flooded with condos?

Your approach is correct, find something you like and offer low.

You have hundreds to choose from, all you can lose is time.

Naklua to Jomtien is a good region, you made mention of Memorial Hospital, centre of town can’t go wrong.

Good Luck