Pattaya eyes MICE market

webfact

Pattaya eyes MICE market

By The Nation

8ea3c434ad0578e7e09582c1a0639eeb.jpeg

Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) and Pattaya have moved to hasten the implementation of Thailand MICE Venue Standards (TMVS) as key strategy for the development of MICE City, as well as to leverage the quality and MICE-related services in the east, especially the TMVS for Special Event Venue Category to serve business growth.

Sontaya Kunplome, Pattaya mayor, said the beach town with diversity and consistent growth of economy has natural attractions, places of business, hotels and shopping centres that offer the potential to serve large-scale conventions, trade shows and exhibitions. Pattaya has formulated the strategy for the development of Pattaya as “MICE City”. 

Pattaya is considered a city with the highest number of TMVS-certified entrepreneurs, with 25 convention rooms and one exhibition venue.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358211

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-09

40 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I have to know what that NICE sign is about. Did they really misspell the acronym or is it just a bizarre coincidence that distracts incredibly from the story?

All we can do is make up something to fit the facts.

I see the text below it says: Nongnooch Pattaya International Convention And Exhibition Center.

Perhaps they've picked letters from that to make their own acronym - NICE? Just leaves PAC.

So could have NICE-PAC

I'll be in line for a Pulitzer prize for this. OK maybe not, but still ahead of the person who wrote the original piece.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

What a piece of low quality journalism. It took a a while to google and realise this isn't a rodent problem.

I now know that MICE is an acronym for Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions.

Pity the article above didn't explain that.

Still don't really know why the sign in the photo says NICE, and not MICE?

Fancy me being so picky, and wanting to understand clearly what the article is about.

me too why does it say NICE in BIG capitals??

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

What a piece of low quality journalism. It took a a while to google and realise this isn't a rodent problem.

I now know that MICE is an acronym for Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions.

Pity the article above didn't explain that.

Still don't really know why the sign in the photo says NICE, and not MICE?

Fancy me being so picky, and wanting to understand clearly what the article is about.

Yep, The Nation writer was obviously writing to a knowledgeable business audience who'd have no need to google. It should have been anticipated that the unconcerned and uninformed would stumble across the notice and then post low quality responses whinging about the effort to google "MICE Venue Standards." Then it would be too easy to find the definition as the first hit, so the effort of scrolling down and needless hunting must be cited as further complaint. In fairness, vision and reading impairment may be part of the problem further unanticipated by The Nation, as posters, including yourself, are unable to see NONGNOOCH PATTAYA INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION AND EXHIBITION CENTER plainly written below NICE. But what may have tripped up those with perfect vision and elementary spelling skills (in English) was probably the need to extrapolate, given the PATTAYA in there, not to mention AND. So the great mystery is solved: the NICE is simply a suitable example in Pattaya of a venue for the implementation of MICE. Yawn. The Nation really must be more sensitive to the needs here. 

Edited by BigStar