E-cigarettes set to be legal in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The medical community disagrees with your opinion. And, as should be obvious, it's not just the starting ingredients that matter, but what they become and what elements are created through the heating and vaporization process, since that's what actually goes into people's lungs.

Medical community could not heal my copd by 10 years as old smoker. 

I was coughing constantly even when I stopped smoking cigarette for 3 year hence I tried e-cigarettes for 2 months . I dont use them now at all and I stopped coughing after 3 weeks and now gone 3 years and I'm having not a single problem with my breathing mate. 

Hence listen to "big pharma" and watch TV. 

Good luck

1 hour ago, The traveler said:

E-cigs or to tobacco is dangerous, so what? My body, my choice I don’t need the government or citizens to tell what I can do or where I can go, it’s called freedom, freedom to take your own choice In life, no one likes to be told what to do, so why always tell smokers to stop? Hell no, I will smoke to i die , unless I have a very good reason to quit, so I can live to I’m 300 years old, what is the point live a very long life? The last 10 years you will probably living in a care home back in your home country and will not be able to do anything unless your genetics are good and you can do everything to the day you die..

thaivisa and most posters seems to be anti freedom, anti democracy and freedom of speech...

You may find freedom exists only on the paper, in reality you are dictated and punished should you not do as you told.

For example wearing a helmet, same principle applies, its my head, my life and my choice and yet you are forced to wear one and punished for not wearing one. ????

17 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The medical community disagrees with your opinion. And, as should be obvious, it's not just the starting ingredients that matter, but what they become and what elements are created through the heating and vaporization process, since that's what actually goes into people's lungs.

Can not be all that bad when tests show no tar or residue of any kind. Surely much better than the black tar regular cigarettes leave on your lungs, Not to mention discoloration of teeth and stain marks on fingers and nails  

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Can not be all that bad when tests show no tar or residue of any kind. Surely much better than the black tar regular cigarettes leave on your lungs, Not to mention discoloration of teeth and stain marks on fingers and nails  

No one's arguing e-cigs are WORSE for people than regular cigarettes.

But the fact that e-cigs may be better than regular cigarettes doesn't somehow mean they're either safe or healthy on their own.

47 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

'The medical community disagrees with your opinion.'

No it doesn't.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Sorry Thai Visa doesn't have a tin foil hat icon I could use to reply to you...

Science and the professional medical community aren't perfect and have made mistakes in the past in their health/harm judgments.

But I'm inclined to believe them in their conclusions about cigarette smoking after all the vast research that's been done, and at least watch with interest and concern about the evolving scientific inquiry into vaping.

Overall, it's probably not as bad as traditional cigarette smoking. But that's a long, long way from having any reasonable basis to conclude vaping is safe and free of health harm. I don't think any reputable medical or scientific entity has come to such a conclusion.

Health England declared Vaping 95% safer- the residual 5% being a guard against poor equipment, liquids, and any unknown factors.  Upon this advice significant other countries legalized vaping, most notably New Zealand.

Although liquids contain some trace toxins, none is remotely on the scale of cigarettes which are known to be dangerous.  Lab tests have been conducted exhaustively.  Contradictory tests have been shown to be either wrong, or theoretical.  The most famous false test burnt the liquid at such a high temperature that it produced carcinogens, but the fallacy here is that a human could not possibly ingest the vapour because of the heat and acrid taste. Everyone who has ha such a 'dry puff' will be aware of this.

1 hour ago, The traveler said:

E-cigs or to tobacco is dangerous, so what? My body, my choice I don’t need the government or citizens to tell what I can do or where I can go, it’s called freedom, freedom to take your own choice In life, no one likes to be told what to do, so why always tell smokers to stop? Hell no, I will smoke to i die , unless I have a very good reason to quit, so I can live to I’m 300 years old, what is the point live a very long life? The last 10 years you will probably living in a care home back in your home country and will not be able to do anything unless your genetics are good and you can do everything to the day you die..

thaivisa and most posters seems to be anti freedom, anti democracy and freedom of speech...

Yeah but all the indications are that e-cigarettes are not dangerous, so though I might agree with your argument it cedes ground to the naysayers.

For starters with cigarette smoking, it's NOT just your body, but the bodies of everyone around you due to the health effects of second-hand smoke, which have been well-documented.

As for vaping, I haven't seen much on the potential second-hand effects from that. So, leaving that topic aside for the time being, I'll just point out that again, it's not just YOU, if in the end, you contract cancer or some other serious respiratory disease, and your government's national health care system (i.e., the public) ends up having to pay for the harm you've done to yourself.

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about!

As for vaping, I haven't seen much on the potential second-hand effects from that.

There are some like https://www.vapingpost.com/2017/05/03/air-sampling-confirms-secondhand-vapor-is-harmless/

It's basically water vapor when it comes back out. The biggest hazard seems to be the lack of visibility.

1 minute ago, dallen52 said:

Stood at Jomtien immigration yesterday and one of the officers is stood outside casually vaping and blowing the smoke. 

Probably confiscated the gear a few minutes before. Different laws for the BiB.

46 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No one's arguing e-cigs are WORSE for people than regular cigarettes.

But the fact that e-cigs may be better than regular cigarettes doesn't somehow mean they're either safe or healthy on their own.

It does not need to be healthy, it just needs to be less harmful and it is. How much less is really irrelevant because its still less harmful.

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Probably confiscated the gear a few minutes before. Different laws for the BiB.

Don't we know.

I saw number 225 residence certificate issued at 4pm yesterday. 

225 x 300 =67,500 baht.

No receipts. 

For a supposed to be free service..

25 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Health England declared Vaping 95% safer- the residual 5% being a guard against poor equipment, liquids, and any unknown factors.  Upon this advice significant other countries legalized vaping, most notably New Zealand.

Although liquids contain some trace toxins, none is remotely on the scale of cigarettes which are known to be dangerous.  Lab tests have been conducted exhaustively.  Contradictory tests have been shown to be either wrong, or theoretical.  The most famous false test burnt the liquid at such a high temperature that it produced carcinogens, but the fallacy here is that a human could not possibly ingest the vapour because of the heat and acrid taste. Everyone who has ha such a 'dry puff' will be aware of this.

You seem to be trying to knock down an argument that e-cigs are worse than, or as bad, as regular cigarettes. And I don't think anyone's claiming that, and I'm certainly not. Nor am I arguing that e-cigs ought to be illegal, which pretty much makes no sense given that regular cigarettes are legal.

The only point I've been making all along is that reputable medical organizations and government health care bodies have warned that there CAN be health risks to vaping. And they have..  You may not choose to believe them. That's your choice. But it doesn't change the fact that those warnings have been issued by professionals and entities with better medical credentials than either you or I.

11 minutes ago, BestB said:

It does not need to be healthy, it just needs to be less harmful and it is. How much less is really irrelevant because its still less harmful.

Only irrelevant in a world where the ONLY choices people can make are between smoking regular cigarettes vs. vaping.

But in the real world, of course, there's also the choice of doing neither, and that more than likely is better for everyone's health than either of the other two options.

10 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

From just one website:
"To use an e-cigarette, you load the liquid and apply electricity, heating the liquid until it vaporizes. At this temperature, the chemicals inside the fluid undergo a breakdown process and are converted into other chemicals. Using an advanced measurement system called nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, scientists examined the new chemicals, and in the process, found a particularly concerning result.
When the e-cigarette liquid broke down, it produced both formaldehyde and formaldehyde-releasing agents, a troubling result when you consider that formaldehyde is a known carcinogen. In fact, the recent article compares the risk of developing cancer from this e-cigarette toxin to the risk of cancer from smoking traditional cigarettes, and states that that the risk with e-cigarettes may be up to 15 times higher."

And you forgot the stinking and annoying part also...

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

complete rubbish 

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Only irrelevant in a world where the ONLY choices people can make are between smoking regular cigarettes vs. vaping.

But in the real world, of course, there's also the choice of doing neither, and that more than likely is better for everyone's health than either of the other two options.

May be you can explain to me, in your real world whatever it is, if you are a non smoker and non vaper, why the hell are you that much interested in something which does not affect your life?totally and utterly irrelevant to your life and yet here you are pushing your opinion as if its a "real" one.

Sorry to tell you, but in a real world for people who smoke or vape and do both your opinion means absolutely nothing, big fat zero.

What matters to smoker is that vaping is healthier alternative to his/her life. How much harm it still does to a body makes zero difference, because the vaping alternative is a healthier option to smoking

10 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

That's ok, as long as they ban them from being used in the same places as the "real" cigarettes, e-smoke annoys, stinks and endangers in the same way as "real" smoke

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It will be a bad thing if it is legalised, I though Thailand was a leader in banning smoking and therefore protecting the health of young Thais.  Oh dear tax money talking again.

Just now, Dorian232 said:

It will be a bad thing if it is legalised, I though Thailand was a leader in banning smoking and therefore protecting the health of young Thais.  Oh dear tax money talking again.

When did Thailand ban smoking?????

9 hours ago, monkfish said:

I guess you missed the websites where this myth was proven untrue.
Yes vape contains formaldehydehyde but its at the same level as the air you breathe.

in fact there is more formaldehyde in the normal air we breath than produced for vaping  

Archived