British chav filmed telling Udon Thani bar owner to “<deleted> off”

webfact

15 minutes ago, Thaimike370 said:

Deport the prat, he lets the rest of us, both Brits and all farangs down.

I don't know him and wish not to. He didn't let me down one bit. His actions affect him and he can think about it, once he wakes up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Don't you find that a bit concerning ?

A female bar owner can give abuse to people , film their reaction , put it on FB and the guy gets even more abuse and threats .

Yes and no.

The guy behaved like an <deleted>. He saw that she filmed him and he supplied his name and facebook details.

I didn't see that the bar owner abused him.

Normally I know people don't make pictures or videos in bars. But that was not exactly inside a girly bar and nobody except the idiot was recognizable in that video.

And with all the people who wrote those comments on facebook: It's easy to write but would they act like that?

If the guy from the video tells the wrong guy to <deleted> off he will get beaten up - with or without facebook.

Normally I try to stay away from such people.

If they want to fight each other please go ahead and do it. But do it somewhere where innocent people don't get involved.

1 minute ago, lvr181 said:

Recognising and calling out bad and unacceptable social behaviour is hardly being "sanctimonious"! ???? 

Sure, but it was an attempt at humour, directed at what i perceive as a "witch-hunt" mentality.

I did not like that guy behaviour, but i liked even less the reaction from the "sanctimonious" crowd.

btw, it seems his facebook page is closed, but i read some comments there, some really over the top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:
8 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Recognising and calling out bad and unacceptable social behaviour is hardly being "sanctimonious"! ???? 

Sure, but it was an attempt at humour, directed at what i perceive as a "witch-hunt" mentality.

I did not like that guy behaviour, but i liked even less the reaction from the "sanctimonious" crowd.

btw, it seems his facebook page is closed, but i read some comments there, some really over the top.

I understand what you mean in that 'everyone' seemed to 'stick-together' in their disdain for behavior such as this... However, it's not a witch-hunt or sanctimonious actions, it's simply unity... the opinions of the vast majority of posters are unanimous in their disdain for this character and his behavior. 

Those who left personal messages on his Facebook are a little daft... there's no point triggering a personal conflict with someone so clearly unstable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I understand what you mean in that 'everyone' seemed to 'stick-together' in their disdain for behavior such as this... However, it's not a witch-hunt or sanctimonious actions, it's simply unity... the opinions of the vast majority of posters are unanimous in their disdain for this character and his behavior. 

Those who left personal messages on his Facebook are a little daft... there's no point triggering a personal conflict with someone so clearly unstable.

Well, you are one of the wisest here, and i appreciate very much your balanced opinion.

That said, you say "little daft personal messages" , but some of them, not to say most, were much more than daft, more shocking, if you consider that they are coming from supposedly mature, quiet Western retirees.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

it is a witch-hunt, that's terrible having his Facebook shut down for getting drunk and telling a tuk tuk driver to f off. I've told tuk tuk drivers and bar staff the same as they deserved it, but in a nicer way, to be fair.

Not sure i detect a bit of sarcasm here, but fair enough.. I don't think that it's "terrible" to shut a fb account, i can only guess he had enough of the abuse.

I completely agree with the 2nd part, i used to be rude sometimes, until a few years ago, but recently i learned that i gain nothing from being rude, cultivating peace of mind is much better.

So in general its ok to tell some one to f...off if you disagree with them?? more civil ways to handle a dispute then making a seen and a dick of your self.

As personal attacks on his Facebook page, well its something I would not do but if your going to leave it open to the public this is bound to happen.

2 minutes ago, PaulusE said:

Oh no, once again a quality Brit tourist with large vocabulary...

I can remember sitting in a bar/restaurant in Pattaya and a large old American was sat at a nearby table with a Thai woman. He continually bellowed at the top of his voice, "All Thais are liars! All Thais are thieves!". Americans do, generally, have the reputation of being loud and obnoxious but I chose not to judge all Americans by one man's behaviour and now have American friends who don't behave in this way, although I do from time to time, see Americans behaving in this way in bars.

Both my son and daughter have holidayed in Thailand with their respective partners and behaved and looked a world away from this one individual. You probably don't notice the thousands of Brits that holiday in Thailand and behave impeccably, you just care to judge all by the standard of a minority of stand out individuals who's behaviour doesn't match up to our standards. A bit like Trump calling all Mexicans murderers, drug dealers and criminals.

Blatantly racist. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I can remember sitting in a bar/restaurant in Pattaya and a large old American was sat at a nearby table with a Thai woman. He continually bellowed at the top of his voice, "All Thais are liars! All Thais are thieves!". Americans do, generally, have the reputation of being loud and obnoxious but I chose not to judge all Americans by one man's behaviour and now have American friends who don't behave in this way, although I do from time to time, see Americans behaving in this way in bars.

Both my son and daughter have holidayed in Thailand with their respective partners and behaved and looked a world away from this one individual. You probably don't notice the thousands of Brits that holiday in Thailand and behave impeccably, you just care to judge all by the standard of a minority of stand out individuals who's behaviour doesn't match up to our standards. A bit like Trump calling all Mexicans murderers, drug dealers and criminals.

Blatantly racist. 

I do not think that many of us judge "all" by the actions of a so many slobs. Just seems that from some countries there are too many loudmouthed, obnoxious (possibly drunk/drugged) slobs mouthing off, in public, that makes them stand out from their fellow, decent, countrymen. :coffee1:

Edited by lvr181
Grammar correction

7 minutes ago, Tweedle dee said:

What do you mean by large ? do you mean WELL HUNG ? or am i just another  "dumb britt"  

Ok, I'll join your stupid guessing game - which one?

:cheesy: 

:sorry: could not help it. My problem to deal with my 'lateral' sense of humour.