How is T21 doing?

thaibeachlovers

13 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I would not call eating in a food court ,an eating out experiance,if we are going out for a meal we go to a restaurant,a food court is more ,you happen to be there and its time to eat after saying that T21 food court so far has been fine,bit crowded,but you dont expect anything else.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That is you and I disagree.

Many many people go to the T21 food court for an eating out experience.

Not because they happen to be there in fact I bet 90% of the food court customers are there specifically for that food court experience.

Why not?  Many more choices then a restaurant and great prices.

• Like 1

Foodland is Garbage in there.. Small and not much choice.. klang one much better
Maybe it is for you , but its open 24 hours so for us living in N-Pattaya and Naklua its great . Good selection of everything you might need, although a bit on the expensive side.

Also the 24 hour restaurant is always busy, I visited at 3 AM one night and spotted 12 customers inside.

Busy as always today , after all its Sunday and family day. But some restaurants are struggling , I would say 50% of the restaurants were busy , in the other half the staff are waiting for guests and seemed bored. Coffee Club are not doing well downstairs.

4 hours ago, Huayrat said:

Foodland is Garbage in there.. Small and not much choice.. klang one much better

I have never shopped at Foodland in Pattaya until Terminal 21 opened.  Visited the one at Royal Garden several times and never bought a thing.  Thought it was crap.  OTH, seems the Foodland in T21 has many things on sale 2 for 1 and we have bought many items there over the past month.  Of course if these specials end I may not be shopping there much.

Edited by AlexCanada
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

I would not call eating in a food court ,an eating out experiance,if we are going out for a meal we go to a restaurant,a food court is more ,you happen to be there and its time to eat after saying that T21 food court so far has been fine,bit crowded,but you dont expect anything else.

???  It's almost all Thai food.  A lot of the same food you get on the street which is arguably some of the best Thai food there is.  Even better because it is prepared in more sanitary conditions with filtered aircon air.  Sounds to me like you are trying to compare it to food courts back home which are just taco bells and subways and other junk food. 

Edited by lapd

5 hours ago, balo said:

Coffee Club are not doing well downstairs.

You can get the same coffee in the food court for maybe 25% of the cost.  Never go to any of their other grossly overpriced places around town and I won't miss them when this location goes away.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

???  It's almost all Thai food.  A lot of the same food you get on the street which is arguably some of the best Thai food there is.  Even better because it is prepared in more sanitary conditions with filtered aircon air.  Sounds to me like you are trying to compare it to food courts back home which are just taco bells and subways and other junk food. 
I agree that the food is good,but its not what i would call "dinning out"for that i go to a restaurant with waiter service etc , its just somewhere you eat when your doing the shopping.,as for coffee,i fully agree with you the coffee in the food court is 1st class and cheap.

• Like 1

One thing I really like about T21 is that they did not play some of the games the other malls do.  Like not making the bathrooms too convenient by putting them on the ground floor.  Or requiring multiple escalators to get up to the upper floors.  Since the food court is up there it's even more convenient to have that long escalator to get you up there fast.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lapd said:

One thing I really like about T21 is that they did not play some of the games the other malls do.  Like not making the bathrooms too convenient by putting them on the ground floor.  Or requiring multiple escalators to get up to the upper floors.  Since the food court is up there it's even more convenient to have that long escalator to get you up there fast.

Yes, that is so true. As I mentioned before, no need to use the elevators as the escalators are so well designed and yes, those themed facilities always nearby.

• Like 1

This is the first time I have come here this early.

Usually later and much more crowded.

The attention to detail in this place I think is very impressive. All the photo Ops on each floor representing the different countries.

Lots of people taking photos already.

I will say it again, to me it is not tacky but has a very classy feel to it.  The architect of the interior of this place should be applauded.

• Like 2

The attention to detail in this place I think is very impressive. All the photo Ops on each floor representing the different countries.
I will say it again, to me it is not tacky but has a very classy feel to it.  The architect of the interior of this place should be applauded.
I agree it is really well done,but once you have seen it thats it ,i still feel like its a tourist attraction,although i must admit we went there the other day to get an xmas prezy for our grandaughter and it was cheaper than central.
Got a few things 2 for 1 in foodland and really nice coffee in the food court.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I have been a regular there since near the opening. A lot of the staff already recognizes me. I can say after a number of times the international decorations just get brain filtered out. They start to look even more plastic fake cheesy than they obviously are. However, I do think it's a smart design and great for tourists. It's not that it's a big negative, more like over the long term a big nothing. There is one practical benefit though. Naming the floors as locations helps navigation. Like you learn that the express escalator in the 2nd road front goes to Tokyo and San Francisco (food court and cinema/Hollywood) are one floor up. London? Foodland. Paris? Ground floor. Much easier to memorize than floor numbers.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Showed the picture to the wife,she said "wow is that the family meal?

In fairness that's blown up commercial food promotional art and also a double burger. I've been meaning to try that place for their baked daily "potato buns" alone. That looks like one of them in the picture. 

A person that finds that picture "disgusting" is probably either playing a drama queen, a vegetarian,  or dislikes burgers because of toxic anti-Americanism.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In fairness that's blown up commercial food promotional art and also a double burger. I've been meaning to try that place for their baked daily "potato buns" alone. That looks like one of them in the picture. 

Yes, the buns looked good.

There was some guy eating there but rude to snap a photo of him stuffing his face.

If I read the menu correctly it looked like that burger in the photo was 300 b, but appeared to have many others for less.  

Just now, Jingthing said:

As of a few days ago they have a buy one burger get one free offer on the tables (not on the sign out front).

Also they have just joined EATIGO where you can get as much as a 50 percent discount.

Wow, good to know thanks.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As of a few days ago they have a buy one burger get one free offer on the tables (not on the sign out front).

Also they have just joined eatigo.com where you can get as much as a 50 percent discount.

Just checked eatigo.  So if I order between 9:30 and 10 pm I get 50% off?  Is that how it works?

I walked by yesterday and saw the 241 sign down in the window so I went elsewhere.  Didn't realize still had signs on the tables.

7 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Just checked eatigo.  So if I order between 9:30 and 10 pm I get 50% off?  Is that how it works?

I walked by yesterday and saw the 241 sign down in the window so I went elsewhere.  Didn't realize still had signs on the tables.

I can't speak for what signs they have up now, but a few days ago they had no signs in front but the signs on the tables.

For eatigo, you download the app, open an account for free, and then make a booking for the time slot you want. The highest discount is 50 percent depending on half hour time slot. So book during a 50 percent slot and show up for the booking. If you don't show without cancelling, eatigo will ding your account and eventually boot you, do don't do that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I see.  My mistake. I thought it was a food delivery service like Food Panda.  

Also make sure to announce yourself when you arrive. Show them the booking code on your phone. If the waitress seems clueless speak to a manager. In the unlikely event that they don't honor the booking call eatigo immediately and complain. It's usually well accepted but you need to be proactive. Also usually you'll be welcomed but occasionally there is a snooty reception. Totally uncalled for considering they signed up for the service.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Individual tastes are different, of course, but I dont see how T21 could be described as even remotely classy. To me it seems to mimic a theme park, and they are all very tacky here too.

Luckily that has no impact on the taste or price of the food in the food court, so I'm not bothered.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Individual tastes are different, of course, but I dont see how T21 could be described as even remotely classy. To me it seems to mimic a theme park, and they are all very tacky here too.

Luckily that has no impact on the taste or price of the food in the food court, so I'm not bothered.

Yes sure and on ones experience.

If one is not or has never experienced a classy environment, then they may well be ignorant and just not get it. 

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

A person that finds that picture "disgusting" is probably either playing a drama queen

I think you hit the nail on the head with this comment. 

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I agree it's a theme park mall.

It would be daft to imagine visiting there is akin to visiting the Louvre.

But there is good eating there!

Am I the only one but I've found this mall has been effective in stimulating me to spend more money than usual (on food). Is it the themes and/or that infernal repetitive music that they play there? Mind control much? I'm only half kidding. Of course that has got to be part of mall design -- trying to manipulate people into spending more money. Also consider that people when they're on international trips to glamorous destinations (even fake trips?) are generally pre-greased to spend lots of money. They didn't put all that money into the theme decorations for their health!

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Am I the only one but I've found this mall has been effective in stimulating me to spend more money than usual (on food). Is it the themes and/or that infernal repetitive music that they play there?

Bad music has the opposite effect on me: it makes me leave.

I do admit that when I first went I ordered two things from two different stalls in the food court, simply because they were both new to me and I wanted to try them. So I spent 85B instead of 40B, but I dont think I would do that often.