Stormy Daniels' attorney Michael Avenatti arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of domestic violence

webfact

5 hours ago, blazes said:

The concept of "abuse" has been very considerably expanded in the last few years.

For example, an English (Tory) MP resigned a few months ago because (as he revealed in the usual Twitter "apology" and ritual abasement that these cases induce) he had briefly put his hand on a woman's knee twenty years before.  There was no attempt to "go further" and the woman never complained!!   But the poor schmuck thought (I assume) that it was best to resign before the woman in question recalled this incident and joined the #metoo squawkers. 

This rush to self-immolation by alleged perpetrators (usually male) is a sad comment on the way gender politics has seized control of public discourse, so that now, as we have heard so much recently, "believe women" supersedes "innocent till proven guilty".

[I hasten to add that I in no way condone sexual harassment by anyone anywhere....it being the last resort of sexual losers.]

Putting your hand, uninvited, on someone’s knee can indeed be ragarded as sexual harassment. 

Any inappropriate touching, that makes the person touched feel uncomfortable, is harassment. 

Edited by Bluespunk

17 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Actually, I can't stand those people that think you must supply a link for them to consider anything you say might be true. I'm willing to take your word for it. What's the scoop?

The earth is flat and the moon is made of of cheese.   (green?)

And I'm a billionaire..     The last is true depending on country.

Links are a good thing,  IMHO.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Putting your hand, uninvited, on someone’s knee can indeed be ragarded as sexual harassment. 

Any inappropriate touching, that makes the person touched feel uncomfortable, is harassment. 

I have had impassioned conversations with many men and women through the years. Sometimes they might touch a shoulder or a knee, or a forearm ???? . Sometimes we might shake hands or even hug when greeting or leaving each other. I never imagined any of that might be construed as sexual harrassment. And I'm God Damned sure, neither did any of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

So you're saying he's lying?  I'm willing to believe otherwise, but he's not helping.

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

I have had impassioned conversations with many men and women through the years. Sometimes they might touch a shoulder or a knee, or a forearm ???? . Sometimes we might shake hands or even hug when greeting or leaving each other. I never imagined any of that might be construed as sexual harrassment. And I'm God Damned sure, neither did any of them. 

If the person receiving your “touch” feels uncomfortable because of it, then it can be considered harassment. 

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

In my time in the UK working in a hospital ( lots of female co workers ) I made sure I never gave any of them any excuse to accuse me of anything. We might have been comrades at work, but there's no telling what demons people have at work in the darkness of the night.

However, I was still accused of being a pervert for looking at a magazine a friend had of swimsuits while in the tearoom. There is no telling how nutty PC has made some women.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If the person receiving your “touch” feels uncomfortable because of it, then it can be considered harassment. 

That's never happened to me except when my grandma used to lay tons of kisses on me. Fortunately the Girl Scouts are addressing this issue and displays of familial love will soon be verbotten, at least as it pertains to male family members who may wish to display their love for female family members. It sort of flies in the face of the women's equality issue IMO. If Ican sit ther and take it when grandma's showering me with kisses, I think girls should too when grandpa does the same. I mean if they want to be considered as equals.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

That's never happened to me except when my grandma used to lay tons of kisses on me. Fortunately the Girl Scouts are addressing this issue and displays of familial love will soon be verbotten, at least as it pertains to male family members who may wish to display their love for female family members. It sort of flies in the face of the women's equality issue IMO. If Ican sit ther and take it when grandma's showering me with kisses, I think girls should too when grandpa does the same. I mean if they want to be considered as equals.

I support any initiative that prevents unwanted/inappropriate touching. 

No one should be made to feel uncomfortable because of another’s touching behaviours. 

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In my time in the UK working in a hospital ( lots of female co workers ) I made sure I never gave any of them any excuse to accuse me of anything. We might have been comrades at work, but there's no telling what demons people have at work in the darkness of the night.

However, I was still accused of being a pervert for looking at a magazine a friend had of swimsuits while in the tearoom. There is no telling how nutty PC has made some women.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

I once had a tenant I was forced to evict for not paying rent. His last act before leaving town under darkness was to file child molestation charges against me with the County Magistrate. I was informed of these charges by mail, weeks after my tenant had run away.

Well, when something like that appears in your mailbox you don't ignore it, I can tell you.  Even though there was no accuser present I was forced to secure the services of an attorney because I was compelled to make a court appearance to answer these charges. I went to court. Everyone laughed about how ridiculous it all was. I paid my attorney his $2,500 and the case was dismissed.

The guy also turned on the water spigots for the washing machine before he left and cut the wires in the electric panel which were just adjacent to the washing machine, in the hopes of electrocuting anyone who might go in to stem the water flow.

ANYHOW, I got a $30,000 insurance payout, fixed the problem for $15,000, but that means nothing to me compared to my womdering if my name is floating around in some computer data base somewhere.

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

Yes, no one can google the veracity of your statements without a link. Are you slow? Or just afraid of the work?

Doing your own research also allows you to form your own, troll-free, opinions. Unexpected bonus, eh!!

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm sorry that happened to you.

I once had a tenant I was forced to evict for not paying rent. His last act before leaving town under darkness was to file child molestation charges against me with the County Magistrate. I was informed of these charges by mail, weeks after my tenant had run away.

Well, when something like that appears in your mailbox you don't ignore it, I can tell you.  Even though there was no accuser present I was forced to secure the services of an attorney because I was compelled to make a court appearance to answer these charges. I went to court. Everyone laughed about how ridiculous it all was. I paid my attorney his $2,500 and the case was dismissed.

The guy also turned on the water spigots for the washing machine before he left and cut the wires in the electric panel which were just adjacent to the washing machine, in the hopes of electrocuting anyone who might go in to stem the water flow.

ANYHOW, I got a $30,000 insurance payout, fixed the problem for $15,000, but that means nothing to me compared to my womdering if my name is floating around in some computer data base somewhere.

So why don't you at least name an shame this guy. I would hunt that fokker down, either in person or online, and get some sort of comparative revenge.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

So why don't you at least name an shame this guy. I would hunt that fokker down, either in person or online, and get some sort of comparative revenge.

You needn't worry about that. I have wreaked revenge I'm frankly sorry for now. Not because it wasn't deserved but because I don't like to involve myself with such negative things.

5 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

555      No I believe most claimants are either full of bean produced hot air or are too lazy to support their claim (s).

555... let's face it, much of what's posted here is opinion. No need to post links to how you formed an opinion. If one makes a direct quote or presents a specific fact, sourcing it is usually good form - but... it is a random forum, not a peer-reviewed journal!! 55555!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

We now live in a time where those who abuse their positions can be held to account.

Hallelujah for that.

On social media no less!  Billions could be saved once due process is dispensed with.

Look at the average person on this site. They're pretty blinkered to anything they don't believe already, whether that's a right view or a wrong view. Would you want ANY of them on your jury? I would not.

Here's my opinion. People in power tend to abuse their positions. These people in power will abuse their positions whatever their sex, race, stated gender, religion, country of origin, age ( did I leave anyone out)?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mikebike said:

555... let's face it, much of what's posted here is opinion. No need to post links to how you formed an opinion. If one makes a direct quote or presents a specific fact, sourcing it is usually good form - but... it is a random forum, not a peer-reviewed journal!! 55555!!

I get that, but you stated something very specific that made the OP seem like a total lie, which it very well may be. I'm just asking why you said that. Based on what information you seem to believe is more credible than the OP?

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

On social media no less!  Billions could be saved once due process is dispensed with.

Look at the average person on this site. They're pretty blinkered to anything they don't believe already, whether that's a right view or a wrong view. Would you want ANY of them on your jury? I would not.

Here's my opinion. People in power tend to abuse their positions. These people in power will abuse their positions whatever their sex, race, stated gender, religion, country of origin, age ( did I leave anyone out)?

No idea, my point is that there is nothing that can justify touching someone in a manner that makes them feel uncomfortable.

If such people are exposed on social media, then so be it.

As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I get that, but you stated something very specific that made the OP seem like a total lie, which it very well may be. I'm just asking why you said that. Based on what information you seem to believe is more credible than the OP?

I pointed to a topic of discussion available from multiple outlets. If you mistake that for facts I cannot help you.

• Like 1

I see the Los Angeles DA's office has declined to press felony domestic violence charges against Avenatti.

However there is still the possibility of misdemeanor charges being filed by the LA City Attorney's office. Among the things his ex-girlfriend is alleging (according to her statement to police) is that he hit her with pillows, grabbed her by the arm and dragged her across the room.

For the record, Avenatti denies all allegations of physical abuse and claims that witness statements and building surveillance videos will support him (although there is no video footage from inside the apartment).

So it could come down to a 'he said, she said' situation.

• Like 1