Cult quality movies any one ?

Tweedle dee

11 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Yes I liked Leon very much, and a cult movie which I found good/different and interesting was "Dead Man" with Johnny Depp and Lance Henriksen, shot in black and white.

Also a different one, not REALLY cult, was, "Door to Door" with William H Macy...….very good and a true story.

I have loads of time on my hands so thanks for the nod am also a Depp fan...another of mine was Mcabe & mrs Miller which also featured music score by the late lamented Leonard cohen. Cheers !

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

From a way back, but I still enjoy them....

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction ( what do they call a quarter pounder with cheese in Paris....priceless line  )

Kill Bill series of films

The lost boys

Quadrophenia

Twelve Monkeys....

Cult...…….well not really, but thought Reservoir Dogs and Twelve Monkeys were great. Oh and Angel Heart was "different" and had to watch it twice to the bottom of it!

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 1

I liked The Legend of Barnie Johnston

I don't know if Brazil counts as a Cult Movie, or Corpse Bride.

For a Korean Western, you can't beat The Good, The Bad and The Weird.  If your Korean is not so hot, like mine, then try to get the subtitled version.  Maybe you can beat it, I've not seen any others, to be fair.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tweedle dee said:

I have loads of time on my hands so thanks for the nod am also a Depp fan...another of mine was Mcabe & mrs Miller which also featured music score by the late lamented Leonard cohen. Cheers !

I just watched this and as a "mild critic" depp has to count his blessings on the co performers here..music score akin to sergio leoni if my spelling is ok saying that .. Black and white was the greatest move from the director..never the less brilliant ! cheers TD

22 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Great movie, but it's The Duellists, with Harvey Keitel I believe.

Correct , another fave of mine from long ago was Ace in the hole...which i consider a ground breaking step into realism of the "hero wins the day: . duhhh the loser as a reporter..i am i wee bit tipsy here in the boonies of Surin ..please carry on. 

Edited by Tweedle dee

1 hour ago, Tweedle dee said:

I just watched this and as a "mild critic" depp has to count his blessings on the co performers here..music score akin to sergio leoni if my spelling is ok saying that .. Black and white was the greatest move from the directors choice..never the less brilliant ! cheers TD

a 'cult' movie usually describes something that has a following but no official accolade like the well regarded Tarantino and David Lynch films mentioned above which have been honored at Cannes as well as other places...Night of the living dead and The rocky horror picture show come to mind as 'cult' movies...Bicycle thieves aside from winning awards has been honored as one of the greatest films of all time and rightly so...

what we are talking about here are our favorite obscure films...and don't get me started on that one...(teetering on the precipice and then 'arghhhh!!'...)

The battle of Algiers

Memorias de subdisarrollo

El Chacal de Nahueltoro

Cutter's way

Mon oncle antoine

Los olvidados

Breaker Morant

A woman under the influence

Gloria

and most of Robert Altman's output...to start with...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1