POTY

grollies

On 11/19/2018 at 8:07 AM, transam said:

I know, I never even got my POTY T-shirt from TV either, especially as I found a tailor to remove the bits sewn in by oversized winners, not Naam, he just put the tent in a draw....????

please translate into a language i master. :huh:

Reposted to correct thread

OK I'm gonna put a few votes in as I know a few hard-core posters and I'll give my reasons for there nominations:

@BangrakBob for knowing next to nothing about the history of his favourite sport/club but he can read analysis really well and pass it off as his own.

@Bredbury Blue for forcing his whole family to have matching man city tattoos. There's 8 in his camp.

@carmine the sunshine of so many peoples lives 

@RonniePickering22 great guy but sadly a Spurs fan.

@Kadilo as above but a spammer.

@3 minus 2 most improved user of a spellchecker in 2018. Well DUN!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, transam said:

Hmm, don't speak any of those....But is Cockney OK...?  ????

man it took me 6 months before I could understand the folks on Eastenders...but I can manage english, spanish, french, malay and a bit of thai...

there have been a few films made in the UK that have required subtitles for english speaking viewers to understand...

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2018 at 7:50 AM, tutsiwarrior said:

man it took me 6 months before I could understand the folks on Eastenders...but I can manage english, spanish, french, malay and a bit of thai...

there have been a few films made in the UK that have required subtitles for english speaking viewers to understand...

I was going to reply colloquially, but the spell-checker would not let me. 

Seems like I need to get the Epple Aye-naebotherPhone

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2018 at 7:50 AM, tutsiwarrior said:

I can confirm that Gregory’s Girl was dubbed for the American audience

On 12/14/2018 at 2:50 PM, Rc2702 said:

Just to inject a bit of new blood into this annual farce which promises 100k baht to the winner.

Is this for real?

I could do with the dosh. Betfair closed my account; just as I was about to start a winning run.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 7:50 AM, Rc2702 said:

If modric can win balloon d  or then this may be the year for a shocker.

Ok my memory is pretty decent so I'm going  to run you through a few thread worthy mentions of posters old and new from this year. Just to inject a bit of new blood into this annual farce which promises 100k baht to the winner.

@RickG16 - ricks post requesting advice on best mop to buy will stand the test of time, unlike the mop.

@BritTim is he a mod or just a bloody knowledgeable guy on all things visa related.

@DILLIGAD - I bet he wears a helmet on the toilet now.

@papa al geezer rides a Honda wave 115i and he's king of the bikers thread. 

@Nyezhov new poster but a style that seems so familiar. Bit like jj green remember him?

@jspill defender of pattaya albeit lacking of late.

@Bonobojt this guy gets more done in a 2 week holiday than most do in a lifetime. 

@pumpjack has more problems than most small countries but they are all completely believable.

@thaiguzzi he don't mind getting the same sons of anarchy box set for Christmas. Definitely clicked up this 1.

@theguyfromanotherforum no doubt this guy drinks U beer to go with his U turn on Thailand.

@pgrahmm - notice how this guy loves to talk clothes. The irony.

@Colabamumbai not around much but not forgotten

@paulsingle remember this guys perfume thread and his follow up a year later. Great threads.

@tropo you know a thread is dead when Tropo gets in on it.

@error520 - because I see you at least 5 times a day as do many.

Thanks for the mention, I’m honoured