Police have done precisely nothing in hunt for cop killer Red Bull's "Boss"

webfact

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

I think money is a great motivator and talks louder than actions in the Kingdom? ????

The rich, powerful and elitists will be protected always!

Universally acceptable the world over.

And yet, most still don't get it.

15 minutes ago, shaurene said:

Be very careful  Collin. You are publicly accusing the police. They could have you if one big officer decides. Get your wheel chair serviced Mate. I thought you had more brains than that.

leave it out. 

jokes about brown envelopes are all day long on forums. :coffee1:

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

This is shocking and unexpected news.

Yeah, Who would have thought............  And a policeman too which makes it even harder to understand.  There must be lots and lots AND LOTS of very good reasons why nothing has happened. (or hasn't happened!!!!!!)

Edited by The Deerhunter

59 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Currently talking about extradition from a foreign country, certainly not the juristriction of the Thai police, even if Thailand is the hub of everything. 

But he could have been arrested at his home immediately after the incident. Instead, chicanery took place and the family chauffeur was persuaded to be the fall guy. There are no excuses.

1 hour ago, sjaak327 said:

Only for political office holders, such as Thaksin and Yingluck, this fellow is not going to have to worry about a thing. The people in power will protect him. 

Taking a life of a nobody by influential people in Thailand is not as big a crime unlike western sense of justice. Thais would accept it as fate and blame it upon the dead policeman’s karma. So long as enough compensation were made to the affected parties , life just go on. Putting the offender into jail would not bring the dead man to life .... 

2 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Taking a life of a nobody by influential people in Thailand is not as big a crime unlike western sense of justice. Thais would accept it as fate and blame it upon the dead policeman’s karma. So long as enough compensation were made to the affected parties , life just go on. Putting the offender into jail would not bring the dead man to life .... 

Maybe not but it would demonstrate that the law applies to everyone. Yeah OK. This is Thailand.????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

Yes they have been busy with boss.theyve managed to remove his name from the Interpol wanted list.last time I looked he was on there but now removed.even Thai  interpol seem to be bought at the right price and no one is asking questions why or who.

They should all thank the deceased policeman for picking such a whale for the picking... he couldn’t pick a better choice. 

3 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Maybe not but it would demonstrate that the law applies to everyone. Yeah OK. This is Thailand.????

In Malaysia, there was an incident of the king killing his subject wantonly and escape punishment due to royal immunity. The progressive prime minister Dr Mahathir amended the constitution and clipped the royalty’s wing to plug the hole. Thailand can pick a trick or two from Malaysia in this regard. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Of course the police have done nothing, after they received several million baht in large brown holdalls, they just sat back and did nothing.

Actually, there is nothing to stop them taking the money and then arresting him anyway. He can hardly protest that he bribed the police to take no action.

9 hours ago, fruitman said:

5 minutes after it happened another thai man claimed he was the driver....what happened to him?

Living a life of luxury somewhere, paid off by the family, the same as the nice bank balances of a few influential policemen to keep looking the other way !

• Like 1

I used to live in Tonglor and saw the sorry excuse for a man drive around in his Ferrari. A pathetic mummy’s boy was what I thought at the time and when I saw him hiding behind his family in media interviews I thought he had the look of a dimwit as well as a mummy’s boy.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Actually, there is nothing to stop them taking the money and then arresting him anyway. He can hardly protest that he bribed the police to take no action.

Some very powerful forces at work behind the scenes. I think even the police had to tip toe in this case. The prosecuting officer might find himself transferred ,or worse, if he stepped on somebody’s toes. 

11 minutes ago, Leef said:

I used to live in Tonglor and saw the sorry excuse for a man drive around in his Ferrari. A pathetic mummy’s boy was what I thought at the time and when I saw him hiding behind his family in media interviews I thought he had the look of a dimwit as well as a mummy’s boy.

The guy got the good fortune to get borne in this family...let his fate decide his future.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HalfLight said:

Always a mistake to assume the rozzers have done nothing, but safe to assume they've done nothing beneficial to society, other than trousering quite a lot of money, on which they don't even pay tax.

This Thailand, and it should always be assumed that the man in the street is on the take in one way or another.

I have formed the conclusion that corruption must exist in police forces throughout the world.

Using the term rozzers I assume you are from the UK where from what I have read over the years there has been a fair amount of corruption.

You play golf with the Chief Constable one phone call and your problem is fixed.

Australia is no different there was the Police Commissioner of the Queensland Police jailed for corruption a few years ago and going back further the NSW Premier Askin was alleged to have regular payments from illegal gambling delivered by the then Police Commissioner.

So is it really any different here or anywhere else, money talks

It is par-for-the-course that the rich elude justice here and in likewise countries of the same ilk. The corruption here reaches into the smallest corners of everything with no shame...and it starts in the lowest levels of the educational system where it is considered as acceptable...no hope when it's like that really. 

2 hours ago, Boombum said:

More effort finding the naked lady pictured... on fb... 

Pres Bush got stopped Drunk Driving and got it converted to a Misdemeanor...Prime Minister Tony Blair was caught committing Lewd conduct and let off with a fine and anonymity.......

the world over I’m afraid.

Prime Minister Tony Blair was caught starting a War on false pretenses and got off with it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ctkong said:

Yeah right, dragging a copper along Sukhumvit whilst under the influence of alcohol and drugs, trying for someone else to take the fall, rest assured if it was Somchai from buriram, he would be prosecuted to the full extend, even in Thailand. The point of course is that by putting this fellow to jail, one protects the society from idiots like this. He does not belong behind the wheel of a vehicle, and he does belong behind bars. 

There is a reason why the junta changed the law just for political office holders, justice does not come into play...

Edited by sjaak327
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I have formed the conclusion that corruption must exist in police forces throughout the world.

Using the term rozzers I assume you are from the UK where from what I have read over the years there has been a fair amount of corruption.

You play golf with the Chief Constable one phone call and your problem is fixed.

Australia is no different there was the Police Commissioner of the Queensland Police jailed for corruption a few years ago and going back further the NSW Premier Askin was alleged to have regular payments from illegal gambling delivered by the then Police Commissioner.

Agreed, I recall the West Midlands Crime Squad brouhaha some years ago.

I believe however that Thailand still takes the prize. Here, corruption is a part of the fabric of society, they're all at it from top to bottom. The value of the corruption market has variously been estimated at 30% 35% and 40+% of GDP, it's just huge. If you killed off all the corrupt people in Thailand, there probably wouldn't be enough people left to cut the rice.

Took me a while to acknowledge that and since I did, I've had to up my estimate of how many people in Thailand are corrupt. These days, I use the rule of 80/20 - 80 are thieving, the rest are either strupid or are regarded as stupid by their peers.

2 hours ago, Gandtee said:

But he could have been arrested at his home immediately after the incident. Instead, chicanery took place and the family chauffeur was persuaded to be the fall guy. There are no excuses.

He was arrested as far as I know and released on bail (as usual) and then departed for Singapore, while there he developed a life threatening cold which took for ever to be cured during which time he was far too sick to return - the rest is or will be past history shortly seeing as now most charges are now past their statute of limitations as will the major charge at some time in the future unless changes are made. 

And you are correct, no excuses except his hi-so status out trumps the rule of law. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

Askin was one major gangster along with one of the commissioners - - - who's name I can't recall, both outright criminals.