British police release video of Skripal poisoning suspects

webfact

British police release video of Skripal poisoning suspects

2018-11-22T225305Z_1_LYNXNPEEAL1DF_RTROPTP_4_BRITAIN-RUSSIA.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov, who were formally accused of attempting to murder former Russian intelligence officer Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury, are seen in an image handed out by the Metropolitan Police in London, Britain September 5, 2018. Metroplitan Police handout via REUTERS 

LONDON (Reuters) - British police on Thursday released more video footage of the two suspects they believe poisoned former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter in Salisbury in March.

Two men - known by the aliases Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov - were charged in absentia for the attack in September.

Investigative website Bellingcat has named them as Alexander Yevgenyevich Mishkin and Anatoliy Chepiga, both of whom work for Russia's GRU intelligence services.

Police realised video footage of two men arriving and moving around Salisbury on Sunday March 4, the day the Skripals were found slumped in the centre of the English city.

A man and a woman were poisoned in the nearby town of Amesbury on June 30 after police believe they handled a perfume bottle that contained Novichok, a military-grade nerve agent developed by the Soviet Union used in the Skripal poisoning. The woman, Dawn Sturgess, died.

Police said they were appealing for more information from anybody who may have seen the two men in Britain between 2-4 March or had seen the counterfeit 'Nina Ricci' perfume box or bottle.

(Reporting by Paul Sandle; Editing by Sandra Maler)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-11-23

Guy Fawks Day approaching soon?  We need to send out the boogie-men to scare the little British children.  Pretty soon they'll be burning Russian effigies in bonfires.  Wait a minute.  You Brits still allowed to have bonfires and fireworks on Guy Fawks Day?  I'm a Yank child of the 1950s who started off life in England - all that fun stuff is no doubt banned and illegal now, 'eh? 
Well, if you can't have bonfires, then have a Petrov/Boshirov Day where you spray Round-Up on effigies of Russian agents made out of sprouting Chia seeds then watch them wither and die.  Nothing like a good national day-of-bloodletting to keep the public invested in the commonly accepted narrative!  :thumbsup:

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, tumama said:

The point is exactly what you exhibit in your second paragraph.

An overly long and unnecessary rant when, as I said, they'll never face justice.  

Let me remind you, justice would be these two in the dock and the available evidence presented to judge and jury.  Who said they're guilty?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fanjita said:

An overly long and unnecessary rant when, as I said, they'll never face justice.  

Which is exactly my point. It's pretty obvious they are not interested in justice. They just want it out for public perception. U.K is still holding the Skripals without access to consular assistance or access to their families. Whether they are held against their will or not is anyone's guess. But I personally, find it a bit strange that neither of them have contacted their family (that we know). If a country like Iran or Russia would do the same we would call it kidnapping. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

If Russia was responsible i don't think they will leave so many clues pointing back at Russia... 

Hilarious how some people think Russia can do no wrong and would never ever make a complete b#lls of something.

The link below is probably just a pure coincidence,his long illness started the day after the mighty GRU were exposed for the amateurs they are.

HAHAHA.

https://www.dw.com/en/russia-gru-military-spy-chief-dies-after-illness/a-46403424

False flags, unfortunate coincidences and Russo-phobia? Well, ABR, anyone but Russia, I suppose. For any board member who is not actually ensconced in the GRU troll farm, here are a few thoughts to consider.

So, the theory is that the Ukraine knew in advance about the two GRU colonels' trip to Salisbury and coordinated the whole thing on that basis? Truly remarkable.

Berovosky 2003, Litivenko 2006 are headliners on the list of Russia/ Putin enemies killed in the UK. The list is too long to detail here. The list is longer in Russia, Ukraine and elsewhere. More coincidences, more ABR.

Bad day for Russian intelligence today. The head of military intelligence dies at 62 after a “long illness.” Deputy prosecutor in charge of Russian Skripal investigation dies in helicopter crash. Each implicated in providing information to the West.

Say what you will about Putin. He keeps at least some of his promises: death to spies.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-traitors-kick-bucket-sergei-skripal-latest-video-30-pieces-silver-a8243206.html

12 minutes ago, tumama said:

That's a lot more plausible than them being Russian agents. Unless you think Russian government hit men share beds, travel on Russian passports and take direct flights from Moscow. 

Or leave a taxi receipt for journey from GRU head office in Moscow to the airport before heading to Amsterdam for a bit of 'sight seeing' outside the OPCW headquarters? There does seem to be a bit of a trend here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-hack-spies-chemical-weapons-doping-us-evidence-opcw-hague-gru-a8569326.html

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dabhand said:

Or leave a taxi receipt for journey from GRU head office in Moscow to the airport before heading to Amsterdam for a bit of 'sight seeing' outside the OPCW headquarters? There does seem to be a bit of a trend here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-hack-spies-chemical-weapons-doping-us-evidence-opcw-hague-gru-a8569326.html

The Hague is a really small city. I know, I've lived there. Many of these headquarters are close by to each other including embassies. The Russian embassy, for example, is just 4 blocks from the OPCW headquarters. 

Noticed where I stated hit men? Intercepting data over a wifi network is quite different from murdering people. If indeed that is what they were doing, and not just doing maintenance job at their embassy as they claimed. 

Also, I don't know where you got your info about a taxi receipt, but clearly taxi receipts don't come with origin and destination addresses. 

Edited by tumama

22 hours ago, tumama said:

That's a lot more plausible than them being Russian agents. Unless you think Russian government hit men share beds, travel on Russian passports and take direct flights from Moscow. 

Ok, so theory is that two closeted gay GRU colonels were away for a quick romantic tryst....In romantic Salisbury, England.  On the day an enemy of the state is poisoned.   Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time.   Geez, what are the odds of that?   Really, what are the odds?   How many Russian tourists go to Salisbury per year?  How many gay couples go to Salisbury per year?  How many gay Russian couples go to Salisbury per year?   How many gay Russian colonel couples go to Salisbury per year?  And , the fact that they were there on the one day of the year when the poisoning happened, what does that do to the odds?   555

• Thanks 2

On 11/23/2018 at 6:02 PM, tumama said:

Any nation out to discredit Russia could have been the culprit. Ukraine comes to mind. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the U.K government would seize on this opportunity to blame Russia. Especially in these days when they are dying for a distraction from Brexit.   

So let me get this straight. Not even the Russians (nor their international media outlet RT) claim that the two men in question were NOT Russians. Bringing in a theory about a third country does not explain all the points in my original post. So please, troll somewhere else

2 hours ago, Proboscis said:

So let me get this straight. Not even the Russians (nor their international media outlet RT) claim that the two men in question were NOT Russians. Bringing in a theory about a third country does not explain all the points in my original post. So please, troll somewhere else

Of course they were Russian. But we have seen no proof of them being anything but tourists. Like I said, sure it's weird they go all the way to England to visit Salisbury (Stonehenge etc) and happen to be there at the exact time the attempted murders took place. But if they were government sanctioned hit men. Then why share a bed, fly on Russian passports, make no attempt to disguise themselves and take a direct flight from Moscow? That makes even less sense. It's more likely these are just two homosexual men who haven't come out of the closet (Russia is not a gay friendly place), who have the financial means to go travelling and who were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also, Britain could have reached out to Russia to interview these men and possibly their family members, friends, old teachers etc. But they didn't even attempt that. Instead releasing their identities to the media, knowing very well they had zero chance of getting them extradited. 

Edited by tumama
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom F said:

Ok, so theory is that two closeted gay GRU colonels were away for a quick romantic tryst....In romantic Salisbury, England.  On the day an enemy of the state is poisoned.   Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time.   Geez, what are the odds of that?   Really, what are the odds?   How many Russian tourists go to Salisbury per year?  How many gay couples go to Salisbury per year?  How many gay Russian couples go to Salisbury per year?   How many gay Russian colonel couples go to Salisbury per year?  And , the fact that they were there on the one day of the year when the poisoning happened, what does that do to the odds?   555

There is no proof any of these guys were GRU. Bellingcat, a think tank version of Reddit users, found an image of one of the guys who looked liked a decorated GRU officer. That's hardly evidence. Lots of people look alike.

Or maybe you think Putin is a time traveler?

putin timetravel.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2018 at 5:04 AM, dundee48 said:

Hilarious how some people think Russia can do no wrong and would never ever make a complete b#lls of something.

The link below is probably just a pure coincidence,his long illness started the day after the mighty GRU were exposed for the amateurs they are.

HAHAHA.

https://www.dw.com/en/russia-gru-military-spy-chief-dies-after-illness/a-46403424

I don't know about you. But I believe in something called innocent until proven guilty. Being Russian and being in the same town were the crime took place hardly proves their guilt. Let alone beyond a reasonable doubt. Having their DNA matched to the perfume bottle would on the other hand. But do they have that? No. 

Conspiracy theorist are we? Old people die. It happens. You like to see patterns where there are none just because it fits your preconceived opinion of how bad Russians are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, tumama said:

I don't know about you. But I believe in something called innocent until proven guilty. Being Russian and being in the same town were the crime took place hardly proves their guilt. Let alone beyond a reasonable doubt. Having their DNA matched to the perfume bottle would on the other hand. But do they have that? No. 

Conspiracy theorist are we? Old people die. It happens. You like to see patterns where there are none just because it fits your preconceived opinion of how bad Russians are. 

OK,so they will be on the next plane to England to prove their innocence.Thought not.

I am sure you also have lots of photos of them on other "vacations"as well,no?The internet must be full of them surely?

The photos of them from a few years back with their army buddies are not really them also.Hahahahahahahah.