Sausage Rolls

Carlosm

I know these 'best in Pattaya' posts get posted a lot but ... i'm coming down to Pattaya from where i live in central Thailand and will be buying around 1-200 frozen to take home depending on how good they are.. The only time i see a sausage roll is on the internet. I've had a look around on the internet and the price varies a lot as does the size.

I know this is each to their own taste but, my question is to you locals who eat them, what supplier has the best value sausage roll in Pattaya ?

If you like them so much why not make your own?

Mr Moo pork sausages - skinned

Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry.

roll out pastry roll sausage meat into a long thinnish, roll cover in pastry, brush with a beaten egg, bung in the oven gas mark 8 for 15 mins and then gas mark 3 for 1 hour - perfect and easy to freeze afterwards.

Yorkies do them and they are quite big, about 8" long. Not sure if you can obtain in bulk but you can try before you buy so many. They sell at Best Supermsrket near Dolphin Circus and Big C. To be honest, I much prefer their pork pies.

16 minutes ago, champers said:

Yorkies do them and they are quite big, about 8" long. Not sure if you can obtain in bulk but you can try before you buy so many. They sell at Best Supermsrket near Dolphin Circus and Big C. To be honest, I much prefer their pork pies.

Yer, Yorkies do great pork pies, they have a 'stand' pie which is a huge pork pie.... excellent.

6 hours ago, steve187 said:

soi chaiyaphruek 2, was the butchers sop, now london pie, 45 baht hot or frozen, also do kapow rolls

Yes, these are definitely the bees knees as far as sausage rolls go, even better than most made back home in the UK nowadays. I was back in Britain last month and could hardly believe how characterless and generic the Gregg's sausage rolls are. Best eaten fresh, though they freeze fine, Give them a bit of notice and they'll cook you a batch. Steve from Yorkshire is the boss and he knows his pastry. Also the fresh cottage and shepherd's pies are pretty good. Lots of frozen stuff in the shop if that suits you better.

6 hours ago, champers said:

Yes, this is the brand I mentioned I tried from Friendship.  The pig logo.

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

Yes, these are definitely the bees knees as far as sausage rolls go, even better than most made back home in the UK nowadays. I was back in Britain last month and could hardly believe how characterless and generic the Gregg's sausage rolls are. Best eaten fresh, though they freeze fine, Give them a bit of notice and they'll cook you a batch. Steve from Yorkshire is the boss and he knows his pastry. Also the fresh cottage and shepherd's pies are pretty good. Lots of frozen stuff in the shop if that suits you better.

Do they only bake once a day, may pop up on Monday and have a sample.

On 11/24/2018 at 1:27 AM, BritManToo said:

Pastry is just flour, fat and water, about the easiest (and cheapest) thing in the world to make yourself.

Sausage meat is mince, onion and breadcrumbs.

Good stuff, thanks.

Do you have any tips on a local seam of bauxite so I can get some Al ore for my loaf pans?

Oh yes, I reckon I'll need a smelter as well. Not a big one mind you. Any ideas?

20 hours ago, vogie said:

Do they only bake once a day, may pop up on Monday and have a sample.

They used to bake twice a day. There's a small glass cabinet near the cash till where they keep the freshly baked stuff. If it looks empty of sausage rolls then ask the cashier lady, she's a bit lazy and sometimes 'forgets' to refill the cabinet from the latest batch. I usually go there between noon and 1:00 PM and I've never failed to get my sausage roll fix yet.

1 minute ago, Guderian said:

They used to bake twice a day. There's a small glass cabinet near the cash till where they keep the freshly baked stuff. If it looks empty of sausage rolls then ask the cashier lady, she's a bit lazy and sometimes 'forgets' to refill the cabinet from the latest batch. I usually go there between noon and 1:00 PM and I've never failed to get my sausage roll fix yet.

Yes I messaged the shop yesterday, he said they bake all day and if you buy 15 pies or more you will get discount. Thanks

On 11/24/2018 at 3:37 PM, Carlosm said:

Definitely going to the London pie shop. Just wondering, how big are they ? Cannot tell from his Facebook pictures.

Is his shop easy to find ?

Just had a run up, the pies are very big. Tried a sausage roll to get an idea of the quality, it was superb, best pie I've had for a very long time. Ended up walking out with 4 big bags full. Nom nom

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Pattaya now. Lots of sausage rolls tried, all very good. Didn't find a bad one, in fact i was very surprised at the quality and taste. After a lot of deliberation i went with Londons sausage rolls, tough decision but it all boiled down to value for money. If you buy 15 or more they were just 40 baht. Very filling, great pastry and the sausage meat was unique and tasty.

Bought 100 frozen to take home, should last till i go back ????

Archived