• Latest posts...

1. 0

Passenger Van Crashes into 18-Wheeler Truck, Passengers Injured

2. 8

Thailand Live Monday 14 October 2024

3. 304

Israel Hamas War the Widening Middle East Conflict

4. 0

Over 200 Vehicles Damaged After Municipality Resurfaces Road Without Warning Signs

5. 8

6. 304

7. 0

Newborn Survives After Being Abandoned in Long Grass: Phetchabun

8. 304

9. 8

10. 1

Nonthaburi: Man Caught on CCTV Stealing Sandals for Sexual Gratification

11. 0

Forklift Driver Crushed by One Ton of Steel Bars in Suphanburi

12. 8

13. 1

Advice on supporting family please

14. 1

Nonthaburi: Man Caught on CCTV Stealing Sandals for Sexual Gratification

Crime menaces migrants on Mexico border as Tijuana declares crisis

rooster59

They can't say they weren't warned....the Don has been repeating endlessly that they aren't coming in even before they left honduras. they are no better than all the folks who underestimate the Prez.....when he says something he follows through.

They are now mexico's problem. Not the USA's.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

They can't say they weren't warned....the Don has been repeating endlessly that they aren't coming in even before they left honduras. they are no better than all the folks who underestimate the Prez.....when he says something he follows through.

They are now mexico's problem. Not the USA's.

Yes, he does follow through.   Unfortunately, he doesn't follow the laws or constitution of the US in doing so.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, Bundooman said:

So says one 'genuine' descendent of an immigrant to other 'fake' immigrants. "I'm all right Jack - stuff the rest of you! You don't deserve the legal status accorded to me."

There. I just felt 'free!'

Perhaps his point is that many of the "refugees" just want a better life, rather than fleeing real "persecution".

However, I wonder how many of the posters that want them to be allowed into the US are prepared to take them into their own homes, and support them with their own money?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps his point is that many of the "refugees" just want a better life, rather than fleeing real "persecution".

However, I wonder how many of the posters that want them to be allowed into the US are prepared to take them into their own homes, and support them with their own money?

As a matter of fact, I would and I did.   I worked in Hong Kong during the height of the Vietnamese refugee crisis.  Through a series of events, I ended up with three unaccompanied minor children, age 6, 13 and 17.   The 13 year old was diagnosed with pre-schizophrenia (children aren't given a definitive diagnosis until 18).   He could not be resettled until he had been in remission for a year from his last hospitalization.   I took care of them, paid for their medical care, paid for their schooling, food, clothes and other needs until they were finally resettled with relatives in Canada.   So yes, I would and yes I have.

Oh, and yes, they had suffered persecution and yes they were seeking a better life.  

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, Bundooman said:

I don't know where you are from, but with the name you display, you seem to be either of Russian or East European descent.

So you are either posting from your original country of birth, or you are posting from a country that accepted you as an immigrant.

I am not American. I feel for these masses of immigrants fleeing from their perceived danger. I don't know what the answer is, yet I can see that to give sanctuary to 4,000

immigrants unconditionally, would only lead to a further flood of new arrivals within months, maybe numbering thousands more.

This needs leadership, compassion, compromise and direction in order to try to resolve this crisis. Trump and all his other buffoons do not have the necessary skills, education or qualifications to achieve a solution to this huge crisis.

Seemingly, by your infantile response - similar to that of the clown claiming to be POTUS, neither do you.

The clown claiming to be POTUS is the President of the United States. People with education and qualifications have tried and failed to achieve a solution to this type of crisis during the last 40 or so years. Maybe deterring illegal immigration and enforcing the laws on the books already would be something that should be tried to see how it works? The USA takes in over one million "legal" immigrants every single year, and it is a slap in the face to every one of those legal immigrants that jumped through the hoops, endured the paperwork, followed the rules, and came to the USA legally every time we "let" an illegal immigrant jump in line. The United States of America is a nation of immigrants and this is a strength, but something to remember is that the USA is a nation of "legal immigrants", and enforcing the law will make us stronger not weaker.

• Like 1

Mr ahab the people want asylum because it’s to dangerous at home that person we are stuck with won’t process their request and to Scott kudos sir you walk the walk my deepest respect and to all people who try to make a positive difference in this world of ours

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No no, won't do that. They are welcome as long as they end up in a place far away from me  and at the expense of others. Then I can boast I am a member of a refugee loving nation and wave the flag.

Just don't let them near my local hospital or school or god forbid raise my taxes to pay for them.

6 hours ago, Credo said:

Yes, he does follow through.   Unfortunately, he doesn't follow the laws or constitution of the US in doing so.   

Tell what law was not followed, the asylum seekers get on a waiting list. that hasn't changed.