Blue text on tourist visa

It informs the IO that your flight is over 60 days in the future.

Of course, you can extend by 30 days but you may be questioned on entry about that.

I wonder if this was a comment from one embassy official to another. Don't know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

So in Hanoi to get a tourist visa you have to show a flight out, but this flight out can be any time in the future and doesn't have to be within 60 days?

It was 84 days. I was questioned about it when I applied for the VIsa, but I sad I would get an extension and they accepted that answer.

Also, cheers Briggsy, thanks for translating that.

Did I hear rumour at some point they are phasing out the entry forms? Or am I mistaken? The only other time I did a 60+ day TV entry, I indicated the total number of days on the entry form. If they are getting rid of those, maybe this note is a replacement?

Regards

~Atecom

15 hours ago, Briggsy said:

It informs the IO that your flight is over 60 days in the future.

Of course, you can extend by 30 days but you may be questioned on entry about that. 

I wonder if this was a comment from one embassy official to another. Don't know.

@atecom I hope you either have very little time in Thailand in the past 2 years, or are planning to return via a safe land-border.  The wrong IO at a Bangkok airport could make an issue out of that.

8 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

@atecom I hope you either have very little time in Thailand in the past 2 years, or are planning to return via a safe land-border.  The wrong IO at a Bangkok airport could make an issue out of that.

Chiang Mai airport (not via any of the Bangkok ones), with quite a bit of time in Thailand recently, So I guess we will have to see how that goes.

I have had one entry with an outgoing flight greater then 60 days before, where I had put a number greater than 60 in proposed length of stay on the Arrival TM6, that didn't seem to bother them at Chiang Mai immigration before, however nothing was written on the VIsa itself, and they probably don't bother fully reading the TM6. Hopefully worst case scenario, they just make me change my flight back to Australia to within 60 days if they do take issue, guess Ill just have to see.

Edited by atecom

In the bottom left:

แจ้งว่าจะเงินก

เกิน60วัน

แจ้ง (notify) ว่า (that) จะ (will) เงิน (money) ก [I really have no clue what this bit is at the end of the first line, but I think he did not want to write over the barcode and wanted to put ออก (leave) so he just wrote ก as a shorthand] เกิน (more than) 60 วัน (days) -- The visa holder has notified me that he will extend (pay for an extension?) the visa more than 60 days. Or, the visa holder has informed me that they will have money to leave later than the 60 days.

In the upper right:

มีกำหนดเงินหลัง60วัน

มี (have) กำหนด (agreement, schedule, appointment) เงิน (money) ออก (leave) หลัง (following, or after) 60 วัน (days) -- The visa holder has an appointment (or has agreed, or has scheduled) to extend the visa more than 60 days (ออกหลัง60วัน -- leave after 60 days).

This is classic Thai that does not translate literally and requires some context to understand the meaning.

Note that there is no mention of "flight" or "extension" in any of that.

Briggsy seems to know from experience that this is about your flight being scheduled later than the 60 days of your visa, so it seems to me they are saying that you plan to extend the visa, which allows them to accept that your exit flight is after the 60 days. Their reference to money may be referring either to your plan (to pay) for an extension, or that you have the necessary finances (money) to stay more than 60 days. Briggsy's thought on this being a note from one IO to another is interesting, since the two comments seems to be written by different pens (people).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, atecom said:

Chiang Mai airport (not via any of the Bangkok ones), with quite a bit of time in Thailand recently, So I guess we will have to see how that goes.

No bad-stories from there that I recall.  If I had to attempt by air on a TR, I would definitely try that before Bangkok. 

Please do let us know how it goes - so we can add to reports from that entry-point.

3 hours ago, timendres said:

In the bottom left:

แจ้งว่าจะเงินก

เกิน60วัน

It's not "เงินก" but "pam nak" (that's how my gf pronounced it, i might have spelled it wrong) which is a formal word for "stay". So he notified that he will stay more than 60 days

3 hours ago, timendres said:

In the upper right:

มีกำหนดเงินหลัง60วัน

This is not "เงิน", but this means "bin" which means to fly. So he has a ticket out of Thailand more than 60 days later.

Edited by jackdd

Let me try, and jackdd was correct about พำนัก

The lower left note reads

แจ้ง (notify) ว่า (that) จะ ( will) พำนัก (reside, dwell, stay) เกิน (more than) 60 วัน (days)

It's just that he didn't have room left to write พำนัก nicely.

The other darker long line reads
มี (there is) กำหนด (determination) บิน (to fly) ออก (out)
หลัง (after) 60 วัน (days)

Edited by mojaco
added translation of second line
  • Like 1

My interest is principally language and 'gamnot' might be worth discussing in the language forum.

I think that the first note was written by the visa issueing authority, this was read by the IO on entry and confirmed, probably by checking that there was a booked departure flight . That may be the end of the matter.
However it is worth considering that at each stage responsibility appears to have been deferred. The final assessment will occur when the extension is applied for.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, tgeezer said:

I think that the first note was written by the visa issueing authority, this was read by the IO on entry and confirmed

I thnik that you think wrong, because when OP made this picture he didn't enter Thailand yet, so both of these notes were written in the embassy / consulate

3 hours ago, jackdd said:
I thnik that you think wrong, because when OP made this picture he didn't enter Thailand yet, so both of these notes were written in the embassy / consulate

Oh I hadn’t noticed that. It could be worse then, a note for the IO at port of entry is almost a suggestion to scrutinize the individual.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, atecom said:

Absolutely no issues with entry at Chiang Mai airport immigration, just smiles and stamps all the way.

Thank you very much for reporting back.  Given the trouble at Bangkok airports, and the need of some people to fly-in, we need all the info we can get on how Chang Mai airport treats those who stay more frequently for longer (up to 90-days at a time) Tourist-Visa holding visitors.

• Like 1