Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Your opinion and you're quite entitled to have it..JUST AS I AM ENTITLED TO HAVE MINE

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This is such a cliched response.

An opinion is a side of an argument or viewpoint based on rational and critical thought and evidence..... Racism is no such thing and you are certainly not ENTITLED to anything that's just a regurgitated soundbite for those who can't or won't. think.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

If you sit in bars worrying about what other people may be saying about you , you are either way too sensitive or paranoid

It seems brexiteers don't not recognise the use of analogy or any figures o f speech come to that....., no surprise there, I suppose.

Edited by wilcopops

20 hours ago, elliss said:

Norther island and its  borders were never   mentioned ,  during the brexit   red  bus bull shiet propaganda regime.

Now  it is the main stumbling block,  norther and southern Ireland , and will never  allow  closed borders to return.

UK , must offer a kings  ransom ,   to encourage  NI ,  to unite with  the south , and form a United Ireland in the  EU ..

Are you an English teacher?

Or a politics lecturer?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, wilcopops said:

This is such a cliched response.

An opinion is a side of an argument or viewpoint based on rational and critical thought and evidence..... Racism is no such thing and you are certainly not ENTITLED to anything that's just a regurgitated soundbite for those who can't or won't. think.

It looked to me as though he was commenting on the state of those two economies rather than the people. (I don't actually know the state of them).

But when you see the opportunity, scream "racism" and point the finger, job done.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, evadgib said:
20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

My own iggy list?

If by that you mean my ignore list, I don't have one; I am not afraid of reading what people may say to or about me.

But didn't you say I was going onto yours some time back?

No; I only suggested you place me on yours but regrettably you lacked sufficient character to keep to it as foreseen at the time.

Who put you in charge of deciding who should put whom on their ignore list?

What do you mean by 'sufficent character?'

I didn't 'keep to it' because I have never placed you, nor anyone else, on my ignore list for the reasons already given.

9 hours ago, evadgib said:

I generally give you a wide berth but you're far too entertaining to go on an iggy list.

HTH

That is up to you.

But what is very noticable is that you and you fellows have a habit of dodging questions, answering the one you wanted to be asked rather than the one which was asked and, if pushed, resorting to pathetic insults.

Your post is a prime example of this; being not the moral and intelectually superior remarks you obvioulsy imagine them to be, but merely yet another example of the latter.

As I have asked before, why can none of you give a staight answer to a straight question?

The answer, I think, is obvious.

Edited by 7by7
Typo

Wow, supurb negotiating skills here. NOT!!!!

Trade deals with Fiji AND Papua New Guinea. Not even a quid pro quo. Their products enter the UK tariff free, they keep theirs but ‘commit’ to bring theirs down over time, but only on 80% of products from the UK.

Can’t even get balanced trade deals with these minnows! 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/14/uk-signs-post-brexit-trade-deal-with-fiji-and-papua-new-guinea?CMP=fb_gu

1 hour ago, samran said:

Wow, supurb negotiating skills here. NOT!!!!

Trade deals with Fiji AND Papua New Guinea. Not even a quid pro quo. Their products enter the UK tariff free, they keep theirs but ‘commit’ to bring theirs down over time, but only on 80% of products from the UK.

Can’t even get balanced trade deals with these minnows! 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/14/uk-signs-post-brexit-trade-deal-with-fiji-and-papua-new-guinea?CMP=fb_gu

Yes, these are the easy deals promised. Easy because they don’t have any substantial content, therefore didn’t require any sort of serious negotiation. 

And the cant ‘keep’ their tariffs because that would put the UK in a position to apply their lower/zero tariffs to all WTO Members. A trade agreement must be reciprocal or the WTO’s MFN-clause would apply.

Edited by damascase
Typo

20 hours ago, evadgib said:

Good evening 49

I'm not biting ????

Except, of course, you did!

Now, instead of yet another supercilious reply, how about you having a stab at the question all but one of your fellow Brexiteers have refused to answer.

What specifics in May's deal do you disagree with, and with what would you replace them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Super Canada was looking good until I realised O(i)lly Robins had undermined Davis at Mays behest; Couple that with the likes of B-liar, Major, Grieve/Cooper/Bercow etc and you'll realise why I for one flatly refuse to subscribe to anything presented by May as she frankly cannot be trusted. I'd much rather see a clean break and a new team (GE?) getting on with it afterwards.

I have leaned in their direction throughout my adult life but the further they are (in time) from Thatcher the more woeful the Tories have become.

Stating your poor opinion of those named, no matter how justified, is not an answer to the question!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Except, of course, you did!

Now, instead of yet another supercilious reply, how about you having a stab at the question all but one of your fellow Brexiteers have refused to answer.

What specifics in May's deal do you disagree with, and with what would you replace them?

What are the "specifics" of Mays deal ? 

Have they been made public ?, if so, post them up 

• Like 1