Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

32 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I was not "slightly out" at all , my figures were completely correct .

Your were not "slightly out" either , your figures were way off the mark .

Now you have changed the dates to comply with what you stated .

You have changed from just before and immediately after , too a few weeks before and a few days after .

The GBP also went down to 45 Baht in 2013 .and its currently low due to the strong Baht and the uncertainty about Brexit , once the Brexit uncertainty has been sorted out , the fiancial markets will know whats going on and the Pound may rise 

Your figure of 51 is not correct..can you not read.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bomber said:

so why are the currency traders waiting for a no deal/bad deal to send the pound crashing again?  and dont so project fear beause this is the one thing that will be correct,the same as it was last time,iam aware of other things being hyped up but this one is not,even if the euro was due to fall the traders would try there best not to let it happen to protect the union,the pound it would not be too bothered about,as the saying goes no player is bigger than the club

"even if the euro was due to fall the traders would try there best not to let it happen to protect the union"

Let me help you. Forex traders speculate to make money.  They take bets based on the information they have. They're not in the business of saving unions. 

"the pound it would not be too bothered about"

I don't even know what this means.  

45 minutes ago, bomber said:

Your figure of 51 is not correct..can you not read.

Yes , that figure is correct .

Immediately before the day of the referendum , the GBP closed at 51.6 and on the day of the referendum , the following day , it went up to 52 , so , immediately before the referendum, the exchange rate was 51 .6

4 hours ago, bomber said:

all a load of waffle about very little,the pig nations always has weaker currencies than germany,if that figure of 6% is correct then i would say those nations have made up ground on germany compared to their old units of currency which the marl used to batter,another question where do france,holland,belguim,luxembourg,ireland stand on this issue or is it just the usual lets blame germany for everything,i dont recall those nations accusing germany of foul play.

Hmm..maybe you have a point.....there's not much worse than being battered with marl. Murder most foul.

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Where did you get the figure of "99% of economists would agree " .?

Is that a fact about 99 % of economists , or did you mean to say "I think most economists would agree" " ?

78% of statistics are just made up.

20 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

Mark carney the worst Governer in the History of the BOE.. Everything he says is incorrect and he kills the GBP everytime he says them..

i agree,gets a lot wrong,but he was appointed by our govt,this is the govt these brexiteers want to go all in on,i wouldnt trust them to run a bath never mind a nation of millions,i bet the germans or french wont  be head hunting him when his time is up.They have more sense

37 minutes ago, nauseus said:

not bank forecasts........the unsteerable plane with the EU flag on the tail

forecast of the BoE,Bot all to do with the EU,carney gets a lot wrong but this one will have a good chance of being correct,tbh a 2 year old could tell you growth is going to slow.

33 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

Mark carney the worst Governer in the History of the BOE.. Everything he says is incorrect and he kills the GBP everytime he says them..

brexit took 10-11% off the pound,carney could of helped a little with rate rises and less doom talk but which clown gave him the job in the first place? again the UK govt is guilty of treason.Familiar pattern 

9 hours ago, aright said:

Breaking News

France has recalled its Ambassador to Italy after what it described as "baseless attacks" on its Political Leaders.

Its unprecedented for an EU member to recall the Ambassador of another member state.

The EU have a lot more to deal with than Brexit.

Is this the start of the implosion?

Everything is in the febrile universe of the Hard Brexiteer.

19 minutes ago, tebee said:

I think one thing we can all agree on, Leavers and Remaniers....May is not a negotiator.  The fact she put herself in charge of the process for the UK side is almost criminal. 

6 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Somewhat disturbing for the inner Brexiteer world of Noddy and Big Ears.

Very disturbing I would have thought when you consider France continues to live in the shadow of the Napoleonic dream and Germany is fighting against the Russian gas pipeline being under EU control, you know they love to have rules which only apply to them, and of course Italy, as a result of the success of the Euro, are on the cusp of bankruptcy. Where will it all end?

Relax remainers. It will all be over in a few weeks, Don't stress yourself any longer. Join with the triumphant Brexiteer camp and help make the UK a powerhouse once again.

In 1973, UK's manufacturing accounted for 22/23% of the GDP. Last year it was 10/11%. In the same period, Germany figures were 22% and 23% respectively.

We have got to start manufacturing stuff again; cars, TeeVees, carpets and footwear etc.

Archived