Ever wondered why your Thai mail doesn't arrive? This might explain it

webfact

6 hours ago, balo said:

I know the staff at the post office mail center in Sriracha  are stealing my mail that are delivered to Banglamung post office.  I have confronted them several times the last year.  

If only all post men were like him. 

250px-Postman-Pat.jpg

The Si Racha mail center is the worst one of Thailand.

Over the years some 80 or 90% of mail send to me did not get delivered to Sattahip Post Office.

I complained by e-mail multiple times to the head office and after telling them straight away to investigate Si Racha Mail center did I get some mail delivered.

Thai Post Office has a website with a form where one can complain but after filling out this form and hitting the send button nothing happens so why am I surprised?

They even took down their e-mail address from the website but I made a note of it and every time mail is not delivered I will complain which is a lot.

Aah well TIT.

• Sad 1

I live in Lam Luk Ka. The receipt of international and local mail is reasonable. But some items, like magazines from professional bodies from the UK never turn up. Some letters that require signing for are put in the letterbox and the door bell never rung. On the whole, I'd guess 80% roughly turns up,

I have a Tops advertising catalogue delivered seperately by the local postman fortnightly in Bang Yai, but he always delivers 2 to everyone, so I suppose 50% of his run always misses out.. And he would be able to finish work earlier too.. 
My postie in Bang yai never misses anything but i give him a black label at new year.

So no complaints from me ever.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On 11/30/2018 at 2:23 AM, PhilAtUbon said:

I have sent umpteen oodles of packages from England to my (soon-to-be) Mrs and family in Ubon, some with quite expensive gifts – such as watches, necklaces, bracelets etc. Not a single solitary one has gone missing.

The Postie is always jovial and good natured when he delivers them because he knows what’s likely to be in the package.

And the reason he knows is because he hangs around while the parcel is opened, and there is always a little “something” for him – a cheap watch, sunglasses, a small box of Thornton’s chocolates etc. It’s almost as much fun trying to choose some small gift for him as it is for my ladies ????

We keep our Postie on side and he never fails us.

In the UK we always used to give the Postie and the Dustmen (Garbage Collectors) a decent tip at Xmas - they are out in all weathers doing what by and large is a thankless task. But since the recycling progamme started, the Dustmen don't get theirs any more - the cheeriness is gone and they seem to be going out of their way to be awkward (e.g. if your wheelie bin lid won't completely close. they won't empty it, and sometimes your bin is left 20 or 30 yards away from your house - I once had to go into the next street to find mine!) 

And I've just realised I sound just like my parents!!! Take all of the above as a sign of impending adulthood!

I do have some sympathy for Thai postmen or delivery men, many postal addresses are notoriously difficult to find, due to lack of house numbers and many roads without sign names, The local postman knows his way around, but no end of times I've had to answer the phone asking where I am, and speaking limited Thai, its not easy.

I had the same problem using my limited Thai trying to explain my location to various delivery guys. Then I started putting a Google Plus code as part of my address and now they usually just call to ask if I'm home or not.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:44 AM, Darcula said:

An inactive postman, yes.

Yes, I can remember an incident back in the UK where, after complaints, undelivered mail was found stashed in the postman's house. It had not even been opened for the possibility of finding cash or bank cards.

I have two (2)  experiences this year with Thai mail.  In March I sent six (6) copies of a Memoir to six (6) addresses in the U.S.  After repeated and repeated tracing for five (5) weeks, they were found in Shanghai, China and finally forwarded to the addressees in the U.S.!  In October, I again sent two (2) books to addresses in the U.S.  One was received within 7 days, the other took repeated and repeated tracing and was 'found' in six (6) weeks and forwarded!

• 2 weeks later...

No problem with mail service where I live - ChiangMai - dozens of Aliexpress orders arrived without fault. On the other hand,It takes months for a letter to arrive to Canada after it s been traced to have left Thailand in 3 days - now that's one country with a real shit mail service.

Edited by HaleySabai

• 2 weeks later...

Sent a registered letter from Australia to Sakon Nakhon it took 6 weeks to arrive. It was shown it left Australia after 3 days then took 5 weeks to be delivered by the postman. It was apparently in a mail centre in Bangkok for a month. When I sent an email complaint to Thai Post they apologised without any explanation of what had gone wrong.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:14 AM, balo said:

I think I spotted my package there ! Highly unlikely since I live in Pattaya , but I have not received 3 packages the last 4 months, one from iHerb. 

Ive even had registered mail with tracking number that just vanished (new sets of credit Cards) in bkk so this is entirely believable even though i had no financial loss it was hassle having to call the bank and explain i didn't get it

I think I spotted my package there ! Highly unlikely since I live in Pattaya , but I have not received 3 packages the last 4 months, one from iHerb. 

My EMS stuff comes through OK, but the regular letters, bills, statements are probably in a Pattaya field or tip somewhere too. Not seen anything in the box for about 3 weeks. Last year I got my Christmas cards around Jan 7th so there is hope yet.

• 6 months later...

Aha iHerb. Problem is that I think Thai customs is blocking all their packages for some unknown reason. Might have to consider asking someone from back home to hand carry their products to you. Check with them - I've asked them before and they stated that currently Thai customs is preventing their packages from entering.