The Indians are coming! Expect ten million in ten years say ATTA

rooster59

26 minutes ago, garyk said:

Yea, there are some famous restaurants in Penang, Georgetown. Places in the old section that I would never think of being famous, but the food is out of this world. I have had to wait on tables but never see that many in line!

I will try and find the name of one of the old town restaurants there, and send you a private message.

All these years in and out of this place and never been to Singapore.

I am constantly on a diet when in Malaysia... haha

Regards.

I was in old Georgetown for those indian restaurants. Walked around the area but there were also empty indian restaurants.

In India i ate in the taj mahall hotel 25 years ago (travelled 30 days in india). I had never seen something like that before. Our table had a personal waiter, all crystal glasses, real silver cutlery, huge buffet with dishes from all over the world cooked to perfection...unlimited food and water for 1000 baht a person...was great to eat between the moviestars and oilsheiks.

I did get a triple darminfection though and my gf had lice.

But there are so many different classes (castes) of Indians..much more than in Thailand and they don't mix with lower castes. I remember that if a high caste Indian walks on the street in the shade of a lower caste person the high one has to go to a resort in the mountain to clean himself of that...it's really extreme the difference between rich and poor in India.

I wonder if the indians also behave like that in thailand or how they see the thai ({lower or higher).

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fruitman said:

With so many chinese in thailand i don't understand why i never saw chinese streetfood or restaurants...(i only know one very expensive one).

Also on pattaya beachroad i've never seen chinese/indian streetfood, also not in the bkk malls.

Indian curry can be nice. or tandoori chicken...or naan with dippingsauce...or chapati..or bombay potatoballs...

India has real chefs who know very well what they're doing...only the hygiene can be an issue.

Because the Chinese are herded in buses to designated milking spots, they don't roam the streets freely. And others probably don't appreciate innards, gizzards and other full on Chinese Chinese delicacies.

Indian food in Thailand seems overpriced taken into account most ingredients are similar to Thai food.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:45 PM, worgeordie said:

These are the real quality tourists, TAT has been looking for ????.

at my daughters hotel they are turning up with pots and pans,

even a Microwave, and are not very pleased when been told you

cannot cook in the rooms !

regards worgeordie

Some bake rotis on irons and boils eggs & mama in the electric jug.

Edit

Some were complaining about the Chinese and Russians... Let's wait and see how the new arrivals are!

So... indians are good in english, this I have to admit, much better than thais, you can communicate in a somehow old fashioned colonial english...

They are more calm then thais....but they don't get a the meaning of a "NO". Beggars following you for 10 min., don't understanding that I WILL NOT give anything? Slimy guys who don't get the hint....? For that Thais are really good, they are good at getting the "hint". You don't need to say you don't want directly they will get it... Indians... ? Sometimes I feel they are from another planet, they just don't get it when you say you don't want...

Things I don't like with indian men: gang rapes and the "touching" of women, trust me, this is not just something that happens sometimes... Indians men are sexually frustrated, they go to Goa and to try all kind of sh.t on westerners... at least in Thailand sex before marriage is not  a huge issue, in India, there's so much frustrations and tensions... gay sex among "friends" is more common than you think, just because sex between man and woman is difficult and hard to get in India. Indians seem gentle, but I've seen indian on cocaine, and that was scary...
There's a lot of pent up rage, frustrations among indian men.... 

And how they treat their women...? totally submissive and living a separate life...

There's a huge heroin problem in India, but people don't know/talk about it. I've seen people with needles hanging from their arms in broad day light, Bombay, in front of every one to see.

Been 6 times to India. Never again.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:00 AM, neeray said:

Serious question. I'm curious.

If "they have a negative image of Thai's", why do they vacation in Thailand? There are a thousand other places to vacation!

Maybe they are a bit like some old farang grouches in Thailand...ranting against the country, the indians and others all day long,  but still living there.

40 minutes ago, balo said:

Good grief , get me out of here !  

the-most-crowded-train.jpg

Haha, one of the reasons I cut my trip short to India a few years ago. Maybe I didn't give it a chance, but in the city there were so many people it was insane.

But, great food... Love Indian food.

9 hours ago, DrTuner said:

There are dozens of Indian restaurants in every tourist spot already. Quality varies.

Most Indian restaurants in Pattaya have virtually no customers at any hour of the day or night except for a few Indians...Why about 80% of the Indian restaurants in Pattaya dont go out of business like yesterday is a mystery...Why more and more keep opening is a even more of a mystery..... Like others have said the Indian food in Pattaya is also expensive...The Indian food in Pattaya must seem crazy expensive to Indian Nationals who probably pay 50-75% less for the same food in India....   

18 hours ago, Brickbat said:

Staggering 1.3 BILLION Indians. Self sufficient, super power, IT geniuses, crammed into a small space, excellent philosophy and gave the world major religions , Buddhism being one, I think “ farangs” who bicker , are worried about being shown up. 

My last few visits to 5 star hotels revealed more Indians than farangs , mostly found in cheap guest houses. 

Having lived and worked in a India for a few years for one of the largest oil companies there i can honestly say i'm amazed they havn't blown the place up yet........ All with three degrees from Bombay university and mostly with the common sense of a lemming......... but not all i might add...... As for hotels, i'd rather save my money for real pleasure as against the fleeting nonsense of staying in an overpriced bedroom,.......but the again if you've spent a large proportion of your life in exreme poverty a few nights in a good hotel must be the closest thing to heaven......

5 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

...but then again if you've spent a large proportion of your life in extreme poverty a few nights in a good hotel must be the closest thing to heaven..........

Even if you have to share the bed with 5 of your mates.

On 12/1/2018 at 8:44 PM, kingstonkid said:

THE problem with Indian people is Not the average it is those that think they are better than other Indian a and bring the I am God attitude.

They now have a worse reputation than American and British tourists

No they don't.

It's kinda amazing isn't it?

According to expats thee Chinese were the worst but now it's the Indians.

In point of fact it is the inhabitants of a small village somewhere near the Marianas who insist on paying the locals with cowrie shells..

32 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So much wrong with this I don't know where to start. Negative comments come from personal experience, not ignorance, your post comes from ignorance of the facts.

Millions of Indians in UK, most haven't risen above, just bump along the bottom running their corner shops and any other work that doesn't require a degree of physical effort. Singapore is a prime example, the place is run by indigenous Chinese, not Indians. The Indians sit in their little booths, hopelessly twiddling with someone's broken laptop.

"Smart Chinese and smart Indians." Really?

https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php

Singapore No:1 Average IQ 108.

Chinese 6th IQ 104

UK 16th, IQ 100

India 83rd IQ 81.

Interestingly, Thailand 54th IQ 89, which is definitely backed up by my personal experience i.e. Thais not the brightest pennies in the bucket but definitely brighter than your average Indian.

Most negative comments ARE based on ignorance,fear and political motives.

The Indian middle class would,in intellectual terms,eat the Thai for breakfast.

As in,indeed,would anyone who did not live in a self protected bubble.

As would the Indian Army versus it's pre 1964 (and it's always pre 1964) Thai counterparts

The difference between the two countries is quite profound.

5 minutes ago, pastprime said:

Amazing how typical Indian can remember anything ,amazing brain,but applying that learning is something else

India's middle class would eat YOU for breakfast.

Its newspapers are excellent.

It is a publishing powerhouse

It's academics are respected throughout the world

It is a big player in the computer market.

It's army has never overthrown it's gov't-unlike its Thai tinpot counterparts  who have done so many times.

It's savants and merchants were dealing in higher mathematics when the western world (let alone Thailand) was soiling its nappies.

The middle class speaks English-capeche?????

9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

It's army has never overthrown it's gov't-unlike its Thai tinpot counterparts  who have done so many times.

It's savants and merchants were dealing in higher mathematics when the western world (let alone Thailand) was soiling its nappies.

So if the Indians are so smart why do they keep opening more and more Indian restaurants when the lot of them are virtually customer less 24/7 except for a few Indians here a there?..... 

Oh-and for the history minded (none by  the look of it) it was India's all volunteer army-the largest in the world-which sustained the battle in SE Asia in WW2 and which,ultimately,in late 1945 pulled the plug on a Brexitless,non talented British Empire and said "No more".

Upon which, that empire promptly collapsed.

19 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yep, courtesy of Britain........... Long live the Raj ! 

11 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Overblown,totally overblown. They can produce OK,total crap mostly. Lived there for years,middle class eating me for breakfast?  think not,I know,total and utter lack of confidence        Did well on the stock market there,some years ago,so well the tax authorities there were after my blood   big time.  Only recently have I ventured to put my toes back inside India for medical treatment

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

Oh-and for the history minded (none by  the look of it) it was India's all volunteer army-the largest in the world-which sustained the battle in SE Asia in WW2 and which,ultimately,in late 1945 pulled the plug on a Brexitless,non talented British Empire and said "No more".

Upon which, that Empire promptly collapsed.

You've forgotten the thousands that deserted and sided with the japanese against the allies...... Non talented ?....... good job the British INVENTED the computer and just about anything else that was useful....... As i was driving past Bombay railway station my driver pointed out the grand architecture of the railway staion and proclaimed Indian........... Sorry old boy, British, like most of the stuff that's worth anything in India....

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Upon which, that empire promptly collapsed.

The longest in human history that gave the world so much........ bank'rupted by war in an effort to save civilisation......... you're welcome.......

3 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

You've forgotten the thousands that deserted and sided with the japanese against the allies...... Non talented ?....... good job the British INVENTED the computer and just about anything else that was useful....... As i was driving past Bombay railway station my driver pointed out the grand architecture of the railway staion and proclaimed Indian........... Sorry old boy, British, like most of the stuff that's worth anything in India....

The guys off his rocker,just another Indian proclaiming Britain robbed India blind,it just covers up their failures and Christ there are more of them Soft Mick can get his thoughts around.  India will never ,ever become anything,what you see now is all you will see (or get) total dismal failure on the world stage,please no mention of commonwealth games there in India,but you get my gist

Just now, pastprime said:

The guys off his rocker,just another Indian proclaiming Britain robbed India blind,it just covers up their failures and Christ there are more of them Soft Mick can get his thoughts around.  India will never ,ever become anything,what you see now is all you will see (or get) total dismal failure on the world stage,please no mention of commonwealth games there in India,but you get my gist

Lordy..55555..

Nothing like a bit of history (you know..books..) to throw the white supremacists off their feed..

Here is where I live..when I don't live in Thailand.

DSCN0634.JPG

Archived