UK Pensions (2018)

CharlieH

On 4/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, fcgprg said:

Your State Pension will be the amount that is due to you from the date you claim it. If you have a Government gateway account you can check the current amount you will get when you claim your state pension.

They are closing the Gateway and you have to prove your identity via a company. I have failed to 'prove' I am me 6 times!

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, solo46 said:

Why link anything,its there  ,again(if you can read).....These forums are supposed to be used for information,not crap heaped on more crap.    Obv there is only one other poster here who can quote from DWP website,its not hard,its all available

You should have asked specifically of any OA pensioner being prosecuted/warned/sanctioned/cautioned in FoI request,  can answer in one  NO

Nobody caught,nobody prosecuted,  have a nice day   

If you unwilling or unable to provide a link the forums members on here should assume that your unable to backup your claims and you are posting rubbish

9 minutes ago, solo46 said:

Why link anything,its there  ,again(if you can read).....These forums are supposed to be used for information,not crap heaped on more crap.    Obv there is only one other poster here who can quote from DWP website,its not hard,its all available

You should have asked specifically of any OA pensioner being prosecuted/warned/sanctioned/cautioned in FoI request,  can answer in one  NO

Are you a politician ?

You seem very slippery when it comes to (not) answering a question.

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Or a dwp fraud investigator trying to drum up new business to avoid being recalled back to the UK 

Like this   I have the extra money (unfrozen)    you ,do not.  Now that is not my fault(turkey voting for Christmas ,{remember)   I have stated before other threads you just may influence other posters making wrong decisions that undoubtedly will make life impossible to live in Thailand in a few short years,and statements like jail,cautions,fines are the most complete utter nonsense imaginable,...you put your head in the noose unnecessarily,you condemned yourself.  Anyone else do not make wrong decision

2 minutes ago, solo46 said:

Like this   I have the extra money (unfrozen)    you ,do not.  Now that is not my fault(turkey voting for Christmas ,{remember)   I have stated before other threads you just may influence other posters making wrong decisions that undoubtedly will make life impossible to live in Thailand in a few short years,and statements like jail,cautions,fines are the most complete utter nonsense imaginable,...you put your head in the noose unnecessarily,you condemned yourself.  Anyone else do not make wrong decision

And I repeat If you unwilling or unable to provide a link the forums members on here should assume that your unable to backup your claims and you are posting rubbish

2 minutes ago, solo46 said:

Why do I think you are not a Brit......Hmmmmm.

Are you now answering my question that you are claiming UK benefits fraudulently.....?

45 minutes ago, solo46 said:

You should be aware I wasn't quoting from the DWP website the information I quoted came from the

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2014/19/contents

I look forward to you providing a link to support your crap but I suspect you are unable or unwilling because its all porkies pies

You would have thought that as there appear to be more than a few pensioners not telling the DWP where they are that if they were being hunted down and prosecuted as fraudsters the cases would appear in the media. The gutter press like nothing better than exposing disability fraud for example, where people have claimed for years as crippled, only to be found out running marathons. often the cases run into tens of thousands of pounds but even then they don't always pay anything back. Pension 'fraud' is unlikely to be much at all in comparison, but if people are being caught and prosecuted there should at least be scores of documented cases, and not just one or two it happened to my mate stories. Obviously if post is sent back or somebody calls them up and tells them you have been in Thailand for 20 years they will act, but I do not see any evidence of them actively looking for people by examining immigration data bases or going through passport re newals.

7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

You would have thought that as there appear to be more than a few pensioners not telling the DWP where they are that if they were being hunted down and prosecuted as fraudsters the cases would appear in the media. The gutter press like nothing better than exposing disability fraud for example, where people have claimed for years as crippled, only to be found out running marathons. often the cases run into tens of thousands of pounds but even then they don't always pay anything back. Pension 'fraud' is unlikely to be much at all in comparison, but if people are being caught and prosecuted there should at least be scores of documented cases, and not just one or two it happened to my mate stories. Obviously if post is sent back or somebody calls them up and tells them you have been in Thailand for 20 years they will act, but I do not see any evidence of them actively looking for people by examining immigration data bases or going through passport re newals.

Does anyone imagine the DWP are going to fly to Thailand and come looking for you?

16 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I actually know someone who was caught living here for long periods , and claiming ,nothing was done in the end . thats it ,not a friend of a friend ,i did not hear it in a bar , did not read about it ,

But I know of three where stuff did happen, no doubt cases maybe different, like my chum did not have to pay the 1000 quid fine, just the over payments......

On 4/15/2019 at 6:01 PM, nchuckle said:

Renew your passport over here via Trendy and they can  get to know .

If you have a UK address do the application online (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/renew-your-passport-online-in-3-easy-steps) just get a friend/courier to send/receive your old new passport.  (they return the old passport so you can then get your stamps transferred) and they will certainly not be looking at stamps in your old passport and talking to DWP.  If you are really worried about big brother just copy all your old passport pages and lose your old passport.

PS;  My understanding is that Overseas UK passport applications are handled in India and not the UK.

36 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

If you have a UK address do the application online (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/renew-your-passport-online-in-3-easy-steps) just get a friend/courier to send/receive your old new passport.  (they return the old passport so you can then get your stamps transferred) and they will certainly not be looking at stamps in your old passport and talking to DWP.  If you are really worried about big brother just copy all your old passport pages and lose your old passport.

PS;  My understanding is that Overseas UK passport applications are handled in India and not the UK.

You are then in Thailand with no valid passport (very inadvisable) during the process and have the costs and risks associated with either passport going missing during the process. Losing a passport as you suggest involves a whole lot of aggravation including personal travel. You are making a big assumption about passport office not looking at pages in your old passport.The only safe way to do it is if you happen to be in U.K. when your passport needs renewing and they will check the electoral roll if you claim you still live in uk (that’s on the application form). 

Yoir understanding is incorrect- for security reasons now all passports are renewed in U.K. only 

You are then in Thailand with no valid passport (very inadvisable) during the process and have the costs and risks associated with either passport going missing during the process. Losing a passport as you suggest involves a whole lot of aggravation including personal travel. You are making a big assumption about passport office not looking at pages in your old passport.The only safe way to do it is if you happen to be in U.K. when your passport needs renewing and they will check the electoral roll if you claim you still live in uk (that’s on the application form). 
Yoir understanding is incorrect- for security reasons now all passports are renewed in U.K. only 
Yes. All UK passports are issued by HMPO in Liverpool, including overseas applications. UK Visitor visas are decided in by UKVI staff in India. Settlement visas by UKVI staff in Sheffield.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I actually know someone who was caught living here for long periods , and claiming ,nothing was done in the end . thats it ,not a friend of a friend ,i did not hear it in a bar , did not read about it ,

How were they caught?

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

and they will check the electoral roll if you claim you still live in uk (that’s on the application form). 

If you have a UK address you can be on the electoral role, as I am, and if your passport is suddenly needed in Thailand (never in over 20years) just go down the lost road. (always have a full copy of all pages of your passport anyway!!).

Stop being so negative.  My glass is always half full not (half) empty as yours appears to be.

53 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

If you have a UK address you can be on the electoral role, as I am, and if your passport is suddenly needed in Thailand (never in over 20years) just go down the lost road. (always have a full copy of all pages of your passport anyway!!).

Stop being so negative.  My glass is always half full not (half) empty as yours appears to be.

It sounds like your glass is nearly empty (of Chang) given that approach. Everything is always fine...until suddenly it isn’t. In 45 years I’ve never been in an accident where I’ve needed a seatbelt.....but do I always wear one....?

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

It sounds like your glass is nearly empty (of Chang) given that approach. Everything is always fine...until suddenly it isn’t. In 45 years I’ve never been in an accident where I’ve needed a seatbelt.....but do I always wear one....?

I don't know or care if you ware a seat belt nor do I know if you drive a car.

What has your pointless comments above got to do with the electoral roll or the subject in hand. 

I suggest you should start to think positively about non alcoholic things and less about your obvious obsession with Chang and all other things negative.

Full speed ahead and be adventurous is my motto!  

9 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

What has your pointless comments above got to do with the electoral roll or the subject in hand. 

I suggest you should start to think positively about non alcoholic things and less about your obvious obsession with Chang and all other things negative.

A motto shared by the captain of the Titanic I believe. He probably didn’t 'ware'(sic) a seatbelt either. 

10 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

I haven't mentioned it before but a month or two back a friend asked..

"Has X phoned you"....."No, why"..."He is in deep shit, got divorced and hasn't got the extra cash for a retirement extension, PLUS the UK has found out he lives in LOS but claiming he is in the UK, they want their money back, thought you could help him out with the visa woes"......"Hmmm, sounds not good, but he ain't phoned me"

The guy in deep shit is a Scot....

Archived