Forum upgrade in progress! ×

The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Another Partner announced...'Masdar'...something to do with renewable energy? Oh...BTW one of the directors is Al Mubarak's sister!.....Looks like a big bid will be made for someone by the summer????

Obsessed. Do you investigate every clubs partnership's and sponsorship deals? City know that EVRY deal is scrutinised, especially after the FFP debacle. So even though you are trying to cast shadows, everything will be above board and meet the current rules. I'd keep an eye on Newcastle dealings if you really want to find something. MBS will be demanding success no matter what 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

46 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Obsessed. Do you investigate every clubs partnership's and sponsorship deals? City know that EVRY deal is scrutinised, especially after the FFP debacle.

No mate....just happen to have a City link on #twatter (useful for playing 'Pep roulette' with FPL)  FFP was indeed a joke, but it seems more and more obvious that you are owned by a nation state  (as indeed are PSG ).....And yep, Newcastle will join the pair of you soon. Nothing the rest of us can do about it. We just play the cards we are dealt.

• Like 1

Man City face anxious wait over Covid test results before Swindon game

Manchester City are preparing to face Swindon on Friday in the FA Cup but could receive more positive tests before kick-off

There is anxiety at Manchester City over how many more positive tests will emerge before their FA Cup game at Swindon on Friday night.

At least seven first-team players will miss the tie for Covid-related reasons, along with 14 members of the backroom staff including manager Pep Guardiola and assistant Juanma Lillo.

Rodolfo Borrell, a first-team coach who will take charge of the team on Friday night, addressed the media on Thursday where - in keeping with recent club policy - he did not name those who will be absent.

City are intent on fulfilling the fixture and have not asked the FA to postpone the game, although Borrell suggested that as of Thursday they only have '16 or 17' players to travel down including youngsters drafted in.

Full story:- Man City face anxious wait over Covid test results before Swindon game - Manchester Evening News

41 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And constantly harp on about it ????

Yep...What do you expect.  Everyone knows the playing field is not a level one. Sod all we can do about that except for reminding you every now and again about the reasons why you are so successful.????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wilai said:

Yep...What do you expect.  Everyone knows the playing field is not a level one. Sod all we can do about that except for reminding you every now and again about the reasons why you are so successful.????

When has football EVER been a level playing field? In the main, the richest clubs have always been the one's to win gongs and trophy's. You are happy to have much more funds at your disposal than say Brentfod, Burnley etc but I don't hear those clubs complaining or you saying how unfair it is that you spend more than them and it's not a level playing field. Maybe look at your owners and ask yourself, are they really investing back into the club what they make or are they lining their own pocket's a bit too much. 

So pleased to hear you admitting that it is due to the funding and not Pep's magical touch.

As to your dig at our guys, their MO has always been the same; to buy undervalued players where possible and allow JK to improve them and merge them into a good team. Doesn't please all our fans but we've done pretty well both at home and in the Champs League with the methodology used. 

2 hours ago, wilai said:

So pleased to hear you admitting that it is due to the funding and not Pep's magical touch.

Pep's touch goes without saying. He is THE best manager in the world and if you deny that there is no hope for ye. Every ex-player, current player and pundit thinks so

2 hours ago, wilai said:

As to your dig at our guys, their MO has always been the same; to buy undervalued players where possible and allow JK to improve them and merge them into a good team. 

I like how you point out my dig at your owners when all I am doing is replying to your digs at our owners ????

As for the rest of the post. Nearly every single player we have bought has increased in value under Pep's coaching. So Klipperty isn't doing anything different to what we are. 

So back on point. Do you feel any guilt on not having a level playing field with Burnley, Brentord, Palace, Norwich etc?

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So back on point. Do you feel any guilt on not having a level playing field with Burnley, Brentord, Palace, Norwich etc?

Nope....we started in the 2nd division and built from scratch. Good support but no outside funding. We became successful and year on year, built on that becoming one of the richer clubs in the process. Self made if you like.

City , on the other hand are owned and funded by an oil rich state and were no-marks until they were bankrolled. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wilai said:

Nope....we started in the 2nd division and built from scratch. Good support but no outside funding. We became successful and year on year, built on that becoming one of the richer clubs in the process. Self made if you like.

City , on the other hand are owned and funded by an oil rich state and were no-marks until they were bankrolled. 

How the money came about is all irrelevant, we know how poor we were but that doesn't suit your narrative. The likes of Liverpool and United just don't like the fact that there are now others at the top table. Who are you or anybody else to dictate which is the only right way to fund a club? Our owners bankrolled our project at the start but they are savvy businessmen and the intention from day 1 was ALWAYS for us to be a self sustaining club. Which we are

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

self sustaining club

Helped considerably by your partnership deals with the Abu Dhabi government and connected companies. Whether or not you admit it mate, you are still being bankrolled by UAE.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wilai said:

Helped considerably by your partnership deals with the Abu Dhabi government and connected companies. Whether or not you admit it mate, you are still being bankrolled by UAE.

Just like you, we have partners from all around the world. The City Group now own 14 professional clubs and so there is an array of partners and sponsors

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

As I said, I'd sooner be 8 points in front than behind but those stats are just predictions, they are far from fat ladies singing

I think the SPI ratings method is more like mathematic probability. 85% chance you will win the league. 

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

Plenty of possession but not sharp enough today. Looked a step slow at times. Credit Soton.

Southampton where very good in defence, very organised and so we had to make the most of any opportunities. Sterling was wasteful and Grealish is taking too long to get settled into this side. Needs to pull his socks up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Southampton where very good in defence, very organised and so we had to make the most of any opportunities. Sterling was wasteful and Grealish is taking too long to get settled into this side. Needs to pull his socks up

I was going to moan about Dandy again but decided not to. Yeah he's a liability at present as is Sterling when he plays as he did today. Never thought I would have said it two years ago, but we missed Mahrez today. And how about Palmer? Not available. Covid? I'd take him over Grealish every time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, wilai said:

Does that count as Carvalho's first goal for us? ( if the deal goes thru')????

It collapsed didn't it? Maybe Liverpool got confused (like I did last night) and put the wrong name on the paperwork, as there are 2 Carvalho's play for Fulham ????