The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Tickled me this one the other day. Pep already has 163 wins after 220 games, so more than that lot already. He has to wait another 30 games to smash them out of the park. ????????

Screenshot_20220404-090634_Facebook.jpg.cc2e6812c827ee33e066e3a959801a18.jpg

I'm getting 'Pep is better than Fergie' vibes from this post..... but he has a number of titles to win before he can say that. 

In fact, at this point Mourinho's resume is better than Pep's, considering he also won 2 Champions League but without Messi! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm getting 'Pep is better than Fergie' vibes from this post..... but he has a number of titles to win before he can say that. 

In fact, at this point Mourinho's resume is better than Pep's, considering he also won 2 Champions League but without Messi! 

So what would be the chances of Pep going to United?

Paul Scholes says that United are big enough to tempt any player or manager. "Just go out and get them." He reckons.

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

So what would be the chances of Pep going to United?

Paul Scholes says that United are big enough to tempt any player or manager. "Just go out and get them." He reckons.

I love Scholesy but I think we can safely say Pep or Klopp will never be in the home dugout at Old Trafford.... Certainly not in the next few years. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I'm getting 'Pep is better than Fergie' vibes from this post.....

No, not at all. Just tickled me how Sky put a list of managers up who have the most wins after 250 PL games but they didn't mention that Pep has more than Klipperty already having managed for 30 games less. Another point to make is that Pep will never overtake Fergie's trophy count because he won't be at City for anywhere near 27 years or whatever it was.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

No, not at all. Just tickled me how Sky put a list of managers up who have the most wins after 250 PL games but they didn't mention that Pep has more than Klipperty already having managed for 30 games less. Another point to make is that Pep will never overtake Fergie's trophy count because he won't be at City for anywhere near 27 years or whatever it was.

The inherited teams should be taken in to account also. 

Goalkeeper: Simon Mignolet

Defence: Nathaniel Clyne, Martin Skrtel, Mamadou Sakho, Alberto Moreno

Midfield: Lucas Leiva, Emre Can, Philippe Coutinho

Attack: Adam Lallana, Divock Origi, James Milner

Reserves: Adam Bogdan, Kolo Toure, Joe Allen, Jerome Sinclair, Joao Carlos Texiera and Connor Randall.

Which makes it even more remarkable

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

Big goal from KDB. 1-0 against A Madrid is slim but better than the 0-0 Madrid would have preferred. It'll be a tough test in the rematch.

Dirty gits they are. The sly kicking they were giving was ridiculous and the ref was hardly doing anything about it. I'll take 1-0. I'll also take 1-0 for the next couple of games this week 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You almost sound surprised. That's the challenge of playing Atletico. 

Adrian Durham and Dean Saunders pretty much summed it up nicely for me

talkSPORT host Adrian Durham could not hide his feelings towards the Spanish side after the game.   

He said: “I’m going to call it as I see it: this Atletico Madrid side are an absolute disgrace. 

“I’ll call them horrible, cheaty, anti-football, no desire to entertain. Simeone is a ref pest. 

“The players are sneaky, out-housing, Sunday League wrong ‘uns. 

“Atletico Madrid have no desire to play football whatsoever. If I were Joao Felix, I would ask for a transfer so I could continue being a professional footballer.

“Why anybody would want Simeone as their manager, I do not know.” 

Meanwhile, Wales legend Dean Saunders accused Atletico of ‘parasite football’ for sucking the life out of games. 

Atletico Madrid accused of ‘parasite football’ and labelled ‘Sunday League wrong 'uns’ after Man City performance as talkSPORT host adds: ‘Why would anyone want Diego Simeone as their manager?’

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I listen to Talksport so I heard it.

Nope, you are just wingeing and complaining about the challenges the best teams have had to overcome for years.

This kind of attitude is probably why you can't fill the ground for CL games. To the frustration of your manager 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I listen to Talksport so I heard it.

Nope, you are just wingeing and complaining about the challenges the best teams have had to overcome for years.

This kind of attitude is probably why you can't fill the ground for CL games. To the frustration of your manager 

Typical RAG comment there Rick. I quote 2 non City supporting pundits and you go off on a tangent about whinging and filling grounds.  Not that it matters but last night was full. What you should be more concerned about is actually still being in the comp because guess what, even if we had 10,000 in last night, that's 10,000 more than you had in the 1/4 final. Innit to win it etc. ????

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Typical RAG comment there Rick. I quote 2 non City supporting pundits and you go off on a tangent about whinging and filling grounds.  Not that it matters but last night was full. What you should be more concerned about is actually still being in the comp because guess what, even if we had 10,000 in last night, that's 10,000 more than you had in the 1/4 final. Innit to win it etc. ????

Do you have that little faith in your own opinion you have to quote 2 blokes on Talksport to legitimise it?

If we are going by Talksport pundits, you could have quoted Simon Jordan and Jim White, who ridiculed Durham for those remarks and pointed out that this has been going on for years (White recalled a Celtic v Atletico game in 1974) and that Simeone has every right to try and stop City with whatever tactics he chooses. It's part of the game.

"But Adrian Durham agrees with me" has to be the weakest argument in the history of the Thaivisa football forum.

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Do you have that little faith in your own opinion you have to quote 2 blokes on Talksport to legitimise it?

If we are going by Talksport pundits, you could have quoted Simon Jordan and Jim White, who ridiculed Durham for those remarks and pointed out that this has been going on for years (White recalled a Celtic v Atletico game in 1974) and that Simeone has every right to try and stop City with whatever tactics he chooses. It's part of the game.

"But Adrian Durham agrees with me" has to be the weakest argument in the history of the Thaivisa football forum.

What's up Rick? Tired of arguing in an empty room? Suppose seeing as United's season is over you have plenty of time on your hands eh!!

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What's up Rick? Tired of arguing in an empty room? Suppose seeing as United's season is over you have plenty of time on your hands eh!!

It's just breathtaking how wet you are being just because a team has the 'audacity' to come up with a game plan to ruffle your feathers.

Acting like small time Euro newbies you are

Hey, any Bertie Magoo's on here ever even been to Main Road ???

I used to love going Moss Side back in the day - Biggest floodlights in the football league & 3 different kind of mustards on their hotdog stand - Citeh are a MASSIVE club ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It's just breathtaking how wet you are being just because a team has the 'audacity' to come up with a game plan to ruffle your feathers.

Acting like small time Euro newbies you are

What? I merely mentioned that they were dirty gits. Do you not agree?

As for the game plan. This is the 1/4 finals of the CL. SUpposed to be the pinnacle of top football clubs and they play like that. C'mon man

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

What? I merely mentioned that they were dirty gits. Do you not agree?

As for the game plan. This is the 1/4 finals of the CL. SUpposed to be the pinnacle of top football clubs and they play like that. C'mon man

So naiive.... Why should Atletico try to do anything other than win? It's not a style contest.

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Did you watch the game?

They are trying to win the tie, not the first leg. They achieved their objective of getting back to their place still in it. Now they will have to be a bit more attacking

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

They are trying to win the tie, not the first leg. They achieved their objective of getting back to their place still in it. Now they will have to be a bit more attacking

That'll be a no then. You didn't watch the game but feel you are qualified to comment on it. I think I have found out enough about you now.

Atletico Madrid hit with two UEFA charges from Man City defeat in Champions League

UEFA have charged Atletico Madrid for two alleged offences under Disciplinary Regulations (DR).

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/atletico-madrid-uefa-charge-breaking-23637126?utm_source=men_newsletter&utm_campaign=mcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

On 4/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, RickG16 said:

I did watch the game. 

Sorry. Missed that post. I'm calling you out on that. No way does a Man U fan stay up or wake up at 2am just to watch a City game. I do it for City but never stay up for other teams. And don't say you watched a replay cos I won't believe that either

• Haha 1