The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 4/17/2022 at 12:58 AM, mrbojangles said:

Woke society. For years there has been munich songs and build a bon fire etc. Now a few lads boo and it's big news. Don't worry, they'll be dealt with

With all due respect mate, I think you might re-read this post and regret it. Was posted in the heat of the moment following a defeat I understand that..... but maybe think about deleting it because I think you are missing the point

20 hours ago, RickG16 said:

With all due respect mate, I think you might re-read this post and regret it. Was posted in the heat of the moment following a defeat I understand that..... but maybe think about deleting it because I think you are missing the point

I've spoken to a few mates who went. There were Liverpool fans in their end causing a rumpus and they were exchanging expletives. Also, many didn't even know there was a minutes silence. People nowadays are finding reasons to be offended

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I've spoken to a few mates who went. There were Liverpool fans in their end causing a rumpus and they were exchanging expletives. Also, many didn't even know there was a minutes silence. People nowadays are finding reasons to be offended

You sound like Piers Morgan 

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Raiola

I believe teams should not deal with this man on principal...

Cut off his head - and people will go elsewhere.

But I did think the same about Thatcher ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Please say it isn't so. Apparently Raiola is touting Pogba to City. Lord have mercy

Never happen! Pogba rarely gets out of third gear. Not a habit Pep would tolerate.

13 minutes ago, wilai said:

May be he comes as a freebie with Haaland?

500K a week is not free + signing fee + agents fee ....

I wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole. He always seems to be a disruptive influence. As a manager(not football), I wouldn't take him.

I just wish they'd have put a proper team out at the weekend to beat Liverpool....

BTW - I'm not a City fan, but I don't dislike them

Edited by Pmbkk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2022 at 8:21 PM, RickG16 said:

Ah man... I missed it.

Give us a clue. Did the poster support a red team or blue team?

Hands up brother ????

I was just trying to suggest, albeit, in a rather unfriendly & apparently unlawful manor - That the Berties laid down & died for the Dippers & that Pep totally disrespected the FA Cup, which is part of English football's national heritage.

3 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Hands up brother ????

I was just trying to suggest, albeit, in a rather unfriendly & apparently unlawful manor - That the Berties laid down & died for the Dippers & that Pep totally disrespected the FA Cup, which is part of English football's national heritage.

Tend to agree with that. I mean we've played a weakened team in the early rounds in seasons gone by.... but to send that team out in a semi-final is a head scratcher.

1 hour ago, Pmbkk said:

I just wish they'd have put a proper team out at the weekend to beat Liverpool....

This was my point, but im not very good at expressing my inner feelings so eloquently as yourself.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

For a small club, we've won more than you're massive club has over the last 10 years

"We've won it all, we've won the lot".

Lets have it right here brother, no one even heard of you untill you found oil under your pitch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Lets have it right here brother, no one even heard of you untill you found oil under your pitch.

Well your lot had heard of us cos we let you share our ground after yours got trashed during the war. Now it's falling down again I hope we don't let you share ours again. Ungrateful gits ????

We also held (still might do) the record for a home attendance (over 84,000 v Stoke 1934 i think) 

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Looks like you'll have to settle for history for another decade

History is something we certainly have in abundance (Something your lot will never have).

You may have more money than us, but your oil money will never be able to buy "History" with it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

History is something we certainly have in abundance (Something your lot will never have).

You may have more money than us, but your oil money will never be able to buy "History" with it.

I don't think you really know what the word "history" means. History definition:- 1 : events of the past and especially those relating to a particular place or subject.

Now, unless you have been locked in a darkened room, hiding under a rock, or maybe you are just simply out of the Alex Fergusson "not in my lifetime" denial clan, City have been creating history and not only in the last decade. In fact, we won our first major honour before United ever won anything. 1903 FA Cup winners. Unless I'm wrong, your lot didn't win anything until the 1907/08 season. Nobody is denying United have won a tremendous amount of silverware, especially under the SAF regime but you can shove your "no history" garbage where the sun don't shine too much because we do have an history and we are creating better history now whilst you lot are going through what I went through as a kid growing up. Long may it continue..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

.In fact, we won our first major honour before United ever won anything. 1903 FA Cup winners. Unless I'm wrong, your lot didn't win anything until the 1907/08 season. 

Our 1st trophy was actually the Manchester Cup - 1886 ????

• Like 1