The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Stop boring me brother - I've been about far too long - I know what you say is true, so why state the obvious ???? We are not delusional - And what's with all this stupid childish Tick Tock  shiiiiiiite ??? 

If you had anything about you & you were a decent fella, you would have posted your situation on the Football Lads thread that i made - You & Willai have gone right down in my estimation.

Maybe your names up in bright Red lights have gone to your head.

You all seem to be sucking each others nuts on here - You lot aint really football fans who can have the banter & take the jimmy outa each other.

Maybe you all see me as a someone who has just come here & you dont like it - No problemo.

I will refrain from engaging with any of you again on the football forum - You can all get back to your bum chum endeavour.

All the best "Chaps" ????

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, jellydog said:

Looks like Haaland is coming to City. Will be nice to have a legit #9. :clap2:

Yep....Been on the cards for a while but now looks certain. Despite Mr BJ's preference, the Sheik's quest for the Champions League goes on????

4 hours ago, wilai said:

Despite Mr BJ's preference, the Sheik's quest for the Champions League goes on????

Where have I ever said I don't want to win the CL? You do realise we have bought Haaland to play in the PL don't you. That's where he'll earn his bread and butter. CL will always be the cherry on the top but priority is with the PL. I think IF the Sheikh really wants the CL as a preference (and I have yet to see any statement where he says that) it'll only be to shut the mouths of the City knockers

20 hours ago, RedArmy said:

And what's with all this stupid childish Tick Tock  shiiiiiiite ??? 

If you had anything about you & you were a decent fella, you would have posted your situation on the Football Lads thread that i made - You & Willai have gone right down in my estimation.

Tick tock refers to the time between trophies. You know when at OT you used to have that big clock up showing how many years we hadn't won anything. My Man Utd mates used to sling that at me constantly. As a cockney maybe you've never been to OT and seen it but I'm sure it was visible on telly

As for your thread. I've posted my background several times. Where I am in your estimation is of no concern to me

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Where have I ever said I don't want to win the CL? 

He said preference.

You've won the league a few times now. Well done for that. The fact you would prefer to win it rather than the most prestigious trophy in Europe that you have never won, reeks of small time......

For a man who has worked and lived abroad, you have incredibly narrow horizons. 

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

For a man who has worked and lived abroad, you have incredibly narrow horizons. 

You've never met me and yet you think you can read the type of person I am by my preference of winning the PL to the CL. I respectfully suggest that it is you who is being the narrow one here.

Haaland looks like a great signing. Especially when you consider United spent more than that on the likes of Maguire, Pogba, DiMaria, Fred, Martial, Fernandes etc. none of which exactly set the world alight.

Obviously it's going to be way more than 51 million after fees and wages but at 21 years of age who knows what he will be worth in a few years time... They could probably sell him at 28/29 and recoup a load of the outlay. Great business. 

As a Norwegian I want to congratulate you on signing Haaland, I guess it was inevitable to happen , although I was hoping he would join Real Madrid instead. 

I am not so sure the Premier League will give him enough time and space to score that many goals , but only time will tell.   

Now first I'm looking forward to see him in the international games coming up in June, he is a beast and will make the Premier League more entertaining to watch. 

But I think Harry Kane will score more goals than Haaland.  I just rate him higher. :whistling:  

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

KDB in overdrive. Goal differential ballooning!!:clap2:

Pleasure to watch.

Strolled past Wolves, who I thought would be more resolute. The win has come at another cost to our defence though. Doesn't look good for Laporte after he got subbed for his knee. I haven't a clue what our defence will consist of on sunday

45 minutes ago, wilai said:

Keep sticking five in the other end and you shouldn't have to worry too much????

The problem is, we play out from the back and our proper defenders know how to do that. Through having a makeshift back line, last night we got caught out a couple of times. A team like Liverpool would have ripped through us and took advantage of the opportunity. 

At such a pivotal point in the season I am getting really worried as to what options Pep can come up with at the back. Fernandinho did ok last night but he's 37 and was clearly knackered when he got subbed

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Pleasure to watch.

Strolled past Wolves, who I thought would be more resolute. The win has come at another cost to our defence though. Doesn't look good for Laporte after he got subbed for his knee. I haven't a clue what our defence will consist of on sunday

Yep, that looked like possible ligament damage to me. When it rains it pours.

18 hours ago, balo said:

As a Norwegian I want to congratulate you on signing Haaland, I guess it was inevitable to happen , although I was hoping he would join Real Madrid instead. 

I am not so sure the Premier League will give him enough time and space to score that many goals , but only time will tell.   

Now first I'm looking forward to see him in the international games coming up in June, he is a beast and will make the Premier League more entertaining to watch. 

But I think Harry Kane will score more goals than Haaland.  I just rate him higher. :whistling:  

As someone from LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS - where he was born, I agree... 

If only we'd found an oil well...

On 5/10/2022 at 8:53 AM, mrbojangles said:

Tick tock refers to the time between trophies

I think if you asked that on the UK quiz Pointless - you may actually have a pointless answer.....

????

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

If we have to use the same makeshift defence, they better do some communication practice this week 

Yep. That was frightening. We really miss Walker's pace and strength. 

Archived