The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I was praying they wouldn't put us through the wringer again but guess what, we simply can't do it the easy way.

Hopefully we'll do it again next year and maybe win the 2nd most important trophy 

I paced around the room watching the TV out of the corner of my eye for the last 20 minutes. 

For those of you who haven't, make sure you find Mario Balotelli's goal from yesterday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Any crowd figures in for the open top parade?

6 million. Happy now?

Seriously Rick, just look at how desperate your life has become that the only way you can get any sort of consolation is that you have more fans than us. It should actually make you more depressed that the biggest club in the galaxy are miles behind City, Liverpool, Chelsea,  Spurs and Arsenal 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

6 million. Happy now?

Seriously Rick, just look at how desperate your life has become that the only way you can get any sort of consolation is that you have more fans than us. It should actually make you more depressed that the biggest club in the galaxy are miles behind City, Liverpool, Chelsea,  Spurs and Arsenal 

He ain't here apparently....seems to have had a bad dream about me so is recuperating under his bridge????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

6 million. Happy now?

Seriously Rick, just look at how desperate your life 

It's just an innocent question. I heard it was a very small route confined to the city centre. Shame you couldn't visit the Stockport heartland.

Apart from supporting this current United team my life is great ????

• Haha 1

Double hat-trick for Julian Alvarez as River Plate battered Alianza Lima 8-1 in the Copa Libertadores. 

You can argue that the standard of opposition and competition will be so much harder in the Premier League and Champions League, but there’s no denying this guy knows his way to goal! 

Looking forward to seeing him and Haaland take on defences in England and Europe next season.

@jellydog have you seen much of Alvarez this year?

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Double hat-trick for Julian Alvarez as River Plate battered Alianza Lima 8-1 in the Copa Libertadores. 

You can argue that the standard of opposition and competition will be so much harder in the Premier League and Champions League, but there’s no denying this guy knows his way to goal! 

Looking forward to seeing him and Haaland take on defences in England and Europe next season.

@jellydog have you seen much of Alvarez this year?

I watch River at times and if I don't I see the game I see the highlights. I saw all of his goals from last night. He's an all around footballer. Can play as a striker or winger. There isn't much he can't do. Has much the same skill set as KDB though nowhere near as polished of course. Be interesting to see how quickly he comes along in England.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Your 5th choice keeper James Trafford is on the bench for England U21s. His career has come on in leaps and bounds since his loan spell at Bolton. We are keen to have him back next season on loan or maybe permanently if a reasonable fee can be agreed. I believe next season will be the last on his current contract with City.

11 hours ago, jellydog said:

I'm pleased to see City chasing Marc Cucurella from Brighton. I watched Brighton a lot last season and Cucurella was always impressive. A huge motor, smart, lots of pace, defends well and great on the ball. Gives 100% all the time.:clap2:

Brighton look like they might be having a firesale as well.  (Bissouma going on the cheap?). A good time to have a go for him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jellydog said:

I'm pleased to see City chasing Marc Cucurella from Brighton. I watched Brighton a lot last season and Cucurella was always impressive. A huge motor, smart, lots of pace, defends well and great on the ball. Gives 100% all the time.:clap2:

Looking like Gabby Jesus is on the way out. Sorry to see him go as he's been a great player with a great attitude. Can't blame him wanting more game time and wish him all the best if he does go

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 5:56 PM, mrbojangles said:

Looking like Gabby Jesus is on the way out. Sorry to see him go as he's been a great player with a great attitude. Can't blame him wanting more game time and wish him all the best if he does go

Sterling and Silva also?

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Sterling to Chelsea? Not such a big loss, but Bernardo to Barca would be I think.

Sterling at a decent price too, 30 odd million for a 28 yr old England international.

Agreed, I'd be happy to see the back of Bernardo ????

34 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You never know. With our outgoings we might have done some great business and also win the net spend trophy ????

If your accountants can manage to hide the Haaland family accounts a secret????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

TBH I haven't a clue how any club account for agents fees but they will all do it the same way

Very true. But the Haaland case seems different to most from all the stories going arund....even before he moved to BVB.

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

If what is being reported is true, another great bit of business. Phillips for 42mil is cheap as chips.

You never know. With our outgoings we might have done some great business and also win the net spend trophy ????

If we score Cucurella from Brighton that's it for me. Outstanding business.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Interesting first half. 2 very good goals by KdB and then half time all change. 

Pep decided not to risk Haaland on a newly laid dodgy pitch

A lot of movement at City this summer mate, bit too much if it was my club. Light on pace down the flanks at the minute, 2 proper strikers brought in. Interesting...