The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Complete & utter boll ox - I posted on the Rentboy forum BEFORE United kicked off - FACT.

Aston Villa V Man U Kicked off at 2 PM Sunday

You posted in the Chelsea forum at 2. 10 PM Sunday whilst the Man U game was in progress .

It is still there , want me to refresh it ?

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Aston Villa V Man U Kicked off at 2 PM Sunday

You posted in the Chelsea forum at 2. 10 PM Sunday whilst the Man U game was in progress .

It is still there , want me to refresh it ?

???????????????? Typical fann y - ???????????????? I can post any time i like - I can multi task ????

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, you can indeed post on Chelsea forums whilst Man U are playing  a game , no one is suggesting you cannot do that 

Brother, stop waffling boll ox on a Bertie Magoo forum.

I'm old school, no time for chit chat with kids - I've been about too long - Enjoy the Barca v United match - You are in the UK, so you should be sweet - I'm enjoying my life in Thailand & looking forward to the match myself, immaterial of kick off times - Ps, Brazil are 4/1 to win the World Cup - Lump on & thank me later ????

35 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Brother, stop waffling boll ox on a Bertie Magoo forum.

I'm old school, no time for chit chat with kids - I've been about too long - Enjoy the Barca v United match - You are in the UK, so you should be sweet - I'm enjoying my life in Thailand & looking forward to the match myself, immaterial of kick off times - Ps, Brazil are 4/1 to win the World Cup - Lump on & thank me later ????

Man City V Chelsea tomorrow 

What's your prediction for that game ?

19 hours ago, RedArmy said:

You know I'm right though brother, don't you ?? And i bet that you'll be staying up for the United / Barca match.

No way, no how will I be staying up till that time to watch the thursday night footy comp that is designed for the yester year clubs who still think they are living in the past ????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jellydog said:

City beaten by counter-attacks. An evergreen post. Brentford created better chances.

What's up with Dias and Pep? Dias in the doghouse? Or no?

Well done to Brentford. They had a plan and played it well. Not getting that pen for the handball was ridiculous. They can tell if a player has a fingernail offside but can't decide if a ball is in the box or not.

As for Dias. I don't know. He's been our rock

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I must admit. I'm totally unsure of the laws of the game now. 

How can the top one be a red card and a penalty but the bottom is just a corner?

Screenshot_20221113_103624.thumb.jpg.0fd1cda39be6f77b934d2b693589b210.jpg

I think the current handball rule is non-existent. Every ref has his own take.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2022 at 10:39 AM, mrbojangles said:

I must admit. I'm totally unsure of the laws of the game now. 

How can the top one be a red card and a penalty but the bottom is just a corner?

Screenshot_20221113_103624.thumb.jpg.0fd1cda39be6f77b934d2b693589b210.jpg

have been asking myself for quite some time (sure am not the only one) what's EXACTLY Var rule/purpose

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Is VAR spoiling the game? Some think so.

When the VAR decisions go against the big boys it is time to reconsider.

I think so and some of the commentators at BeIn Sports agree as well.... Useless/Unnecessary and time wasters

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

I think so and some of the commentators at BeIn Sports agree as well.... Useless/Unnecessary and time wasters

There is momentum among the pundits saying that VAR should only be used to establish if the ball crosses the goal-line for a goal; or otherwise. If that was taken up, then there is technology that would give the ref' an instant 'beep' if it does.

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

There is momentum among the pundits saying that VAR should only be used to establish if the ball crosses the goal-line for a goal; or otherwise. If that was taken up, then there is technology that would give the ref' an instant 'beep' if it does.

They already use it. It's linked to the refs wrist and has been used several times over the years

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

TBH. I don't really think VAR is the problem. It's the morons who are using it. Don't think they are having the same level of inconsistency in other countries

VAR is ruining football - Let the "Referee" ref the match - If he makes a mistake, he makes a mistake - It gives us all something to talk about - Every goal is scrutinised now & it aint good for the match going fans - I've seen loads of goals being disallowed & the fans want to see goals. 

Is this true?    The top photo shows my childhood home from where we could watch Ashton United matches from Mum & Dad's front bedroom.

But now I see someone planted 4..king trees in the way....bloody environmentalists!   555

IMG-20221117-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20221116-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20221115-WA0000.jpg

Edited by KannikaP

not too long ago I posted about the poor performances of Grealish and rating him as an average player, it appears I am not the only one with that finding  555

Grealish concerned Man City want to sell him and is ‘devastated’ by status at club

Grealish concerned Man City want to sell him and is ‘devastated’ by status at club (msn.com)

Sorry the rest of the PL. Pep's here until at least 2025 ????

Pep Guardiola signs new Man City contract

Manchester City have confirmed that Pep Guardiola has signed a new contract to extend his stay at the Etihad Stadium.

Pep Guardiola has signed a new two-year contract at Manchester City that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2024/25 season. The Catalan has put an end to speculation about his future by penning a new deal that will take him to nine seasons in charge of the Blues.

Guardiola was in Abu Dhabi for the Formula 1 Grand Prix at the weekend and held more talks with City 's hierarchy while there, with a deal thrashed out quickly once he confirmed his intention to stay.

“I am so pleased to be staying at Manchester City for another two years," said Guardiola. "I can’t say thank you enough to everyone at the club for trusting me. I am happy and comfortable, and I have everything I need to do my job as best as possible.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-breaking-guardiola-contract-25584082?utm_source=men_newsletter&utm_campaign=breaking_mcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

He's a football coach, not a snooker player

Turning up at an FA Cup final in tattered jeans & a tee shirt, while his counterpart is all suited & booted & wearing a tie - Come on brother, the fella has a nice Richard Mille timepiece, but he dresses like a Paraffin Lamp - 

Never seen a Manager on the touchline before like him - Pure proper Tramp stylistic.