The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Blimey. Took Haaland long enough to get his first City goal. 12 minutes on his debut????

What a beast he is! 

I thought Ake had a really good game. He must be thrilled not to be at Chelsea!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jellydog said:

Laporte out for six weeks or so.

That's not good but as long as all the other defenders are fit, I think we have enough quality to shuffle the back around. Both Ake and the young lad Wilson-Esbrand were looking good last week against Bayern

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, jellydog said:

We lose Cucurella to Chelsea and Pep admits Bernardo could be off to Barca.???? Not good news.

Barca are a disgrace with all this trying to bully players into reducing their salaries and trying to cancel contracts. Why anyone wants to go their at the moment is boggling

At the start of the game I got a message from a mate that "West Ham were all over us". Well that lasted about 3 minutes and then it was more like a training ground session. Surprised at West Ham, they gave us a really difficult ride last season

Haaland is looking like he's going to score a shed load. At last we have what looks like an ice cold, calm penalty taker (not had a proper one for years for some reason) and the way he took his second goal was equally calm and no panic.

Funny when Alvarez whacked the ball into Zouma's chin and knocked him to the floor. The City crowd started singing "that's how your cat feels" ????

Liverpool only getting a point was nice and it's always a cheery on the cake when United lose

On 8/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, mrbojangles said:

At the start of the game I got a message from a mate that "West Ham were all over us". Well that lasted about 3 minutes and then it was more like a training ground session. Surprised at West Ham, they gave us a really difficult ride last season

Haaland is looking like he's going to score a shed load. At last we have what looks like an ice cold, calm penalty taker (not had a proper one for years for some reason) and the way he took his second goal was equally calm and no panic.

Funny when Alvarez whacked the ball into Zouma's chin and knocked him to the floor. The City crowd started singing "that's how your cat feels" ????

Liverpool only getting a point was nice and it's always a cheery on the cake when United lose

May as well give you the trophy now...

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2022 at 10:20 AM, mrbojangles said:

City played with 10 man  VS Brighton 11 ..... Greelish is not good enough for City, he's an average player, Pep made a mistake and should send him to United

• Like 1

Seems a decent buy

Manchester City have agreed a fee with Anderlecht for Spanish left-back Sergio Gomez.

City have been searching for a new left-back since Oleksandr Zinchenko joined Arsenal, and have now agreed to pay €13million (£11m) plus add-ons for 21-year-old Gomez.

The Spain under-21 international won Anderlecht's Player of the Year last season after scoring seven times and providing 15 assists from full-back, however, City remain in the market for a senior left-back to challenge Joao Cancelo as Gomez hasn't been targeted as a first-team option just yet.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sergio-gomez-transfer-man-city-24730312?utm_source=men_newsletter&utm_campaign=breaking_mcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jellydog said:

Nice comeback for the 3-3 draw but once again vulnerable to pace and the counterattack. Can expect more as Palace is up next.

Yeah, I feared the worst at 3-1 down but City did well to get right back in it. Could have gone on to win in the end but to be fair, Newcastle deserved something from that. Good game for the neutral.

Side note. Not gonna blame FOden but hopefully a lesson he will take away for future is to pass the bladdy ball to Haaland when he's in a better position than him

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, I feared the worst at 3-1 down but City did well to get right back in it. Could have gone on to win in the end but to be fair, Newcastle deserved something from that. Good game for the neutral.

Side note. Not gonna blame FOden but hopefully a lesson he will take away for future is to pass the bladdy ball to Haaland when he's in a better position than him

Foden not a bad player but selfishness will not let him be a great player.... can't understand why Pep used Stones as the guy is very similar to Macguire, both not worth a pint, Walker had a bad day, bet he went home with a headache, he can't handle a fast player and St Maximan made him look lost on the pitch

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

We were terrible the first half. All bitty with no cohesion and they scored from 2 set pieces. In fact that was the only shots Palace had all day. We need to address that.

Second half was a different story. Absolutely dominated and Haaland in the right position for 3 well worked goals after Silva got us back in it. I'm also loving Alvarez. Even though he's only having minor roles, the energy he brings is contagious to the rest of the lads. We need to try and stop going 2 goals behind

Going two goals down and fighting back to draw or win makes for exciting footy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

We were terrible the first half. All bitty with no cohesion and they scored from 2 set pieces. In fact that was the only shots Palace had all day. We need to address that.

Second half was a different story. Absolutely dominated and Haaland in the right position for 3 well worked goals after Silva got us back in it. I'm also loving Alvarez. Even though he's only having minor roles, the energy he brings is contagious to the rest of the lads. We need to try and stop going 2 goals behind

agree with you but I am having a hard time understanding why Pep is using Mahrez and "selfish" Foden, Mahrez was/has been non performing for quite some games, glad he used Gondugan on 2nd half

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Going two goals down and fighting back to draw or win makes for exciting footy.

For the neutrals yeah. For me, I'd prefer us not to do it. It's also really annoying when watching in the pub. Some gobby Scouse was really giving it big when Liverpool were winning 2-0 and we were losing 2-0. kept on mouthing off to me, I said "can I watch the game please mate, a game is 90 minutes not 20". He wasn't quite so mouthy when Haaland scored his 3rd.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

agree with you but I am having a hard time understanding why Pep is using Mahrez and "selfish" Foden, Mahrez was/has been non performing for quite some games, glad he used Gondugan on 2nd half

To be fair, Foden was just greedy last week. Normally he passes but I think he ust wanted to bang in the goal himself. Looks like Pep gave him a talking to and even Haaland pointed out that now he passes to him. Tongue in cheek i reckon.

As for Mahrez. I like him but sometimes he does only have one trick up his sleeve and defenders know what it is.. As for Gundo, I absolutely love him (and Silva of course)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Some gobby Scouse was really giving it big when Liverpool were winning 2-0 and we were losing 2-0. kept on mouthing off to me

Thats very unlike them, they are usually quite shy & timid - Wouldnt say boo to a goose.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Haaland looks incredible, the final piece. If only Silva would leave!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Haaland looks incredible, the final piece. If only Silva would leave!

who will use replace him with, Mahrez  ???? thanks to him (Silva) yesterday game was turned in favor of City

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jellydog said:

Pep starts two #9s and they score five goals between them. Its a new world at City.:biggrin:

I thought Haaland was scary but I'm really loving watching Alvarez. Boy they both know where the goal is but defenders can't put too many men on them cos .we have another 6 or 7 players who also know where the goal is. Loving this style of play

• Like 1