The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I thought Haaland was scary but I'm really loving watching Alvarez. Boy they both know where the goal is but defenders can't put too many men on them cos .we have another 6 or 7 players who also know where the goal is. Loving this style of play

Absolutely frightening for the opposition!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jellydog said:

Not as sharp today. I was surprised Pep didn't bring on Àlvarez.

Poorest we've been this season I think. Even though we dominated we struggled to do anything constructive in their box and we were very sloppy with wasteful passes. I thought when we scored the opener that would be it but Villa equalized with their only shot on target. Yep, it was screaming for Alvarez in the last 15 minutes

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jellydog said:

Not as sharp today. I was surprised Pep didn't bring on Àlvarez.

it all started with a selfish move by Walker, had he passed to Haaland things would have been much easier

3 hours ago, NE1 said:

What about Villa's " second goal " . How was it offside ?image.thumb.png.9b1bdcf7531db90b1f161f238856ff26.png

Lino (rightly or wrongly) flagged and the ref blew the whistle BEFORE the shot was taken. This means the ball is dead and VAR can't review it. If the lino hadn't been so hasty with his flag (like they have been told) it would have gone for a VAR check and probably been given

Pretty much eased that last night. Yeah, Sevilla don't seem to be at the top of their game but you still have to go and do a job.

Another brace by the monster, what a purchase he is turning out to be. Just think, we could have ended up with Kane for twice the price!! Pretty much all the players back to their impressive selves with Foden KdB and Haaland the slight stand outs. However, on a separate note, I was really impressed with Akanji's debut performance having literally just joined the squad a couple of days ago. Looks a great buy at 11 - 15 million. Also great performance by Gomez.

Spurs up next

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wish the Norwegian monster would play for my club, now he looks  to set a new scoring record already this season.  Only injuries can stop him now. 

At least I can enjoy watching him play for Norway this week.  

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 2:38 PM, RedArmy said:

Big game Sunday, 8pm kick off (Thai time) - Thank f cuk this international break is over - Gonna be a cracking match - Come on you Reds.

Do my head in these absolute useless internationals.

Butterflies already for tonight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Butterflies already for tonight.

Me too, but this is what football's all about - I'm feeling optimistic & positive - I hope Martinez puts one on Halland early doors, just to let him know he's there. 

You'll have most of the possession but we'll hit you on the break - 3-1 UNITED ????

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, jellydog said:

4-0 at half. Close to impossible to play the game of football much better than that.:clap2:

city invited united to get a free lesson of organized football with players willing to dirty/wet their jerseys vs united "cheer leaders" prima donna's players

13 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I'm not hiding or running away - Hey, we won the 2nd half 3-2 ????

We took off KdB, Foden and Grealish at 75 mins to give you a chance. After that you scored another 2. We should have kept our foot on the gas, instead we eased up

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

We took off KdB, Foden and Grealish at 75 mins to give you a chance. After that you scored another 2. We should have kept our foot on the gas, instead we eased up

Darn annoying! I was wishing for 8-0!

• Like 1

5 changes to sunday's team, resting Foden and KdB and was still a bit of a stroll in the park last night. Even took Haaland off at half time but not before he bagged a brace. No point in flogging him to death.

MotM was Grealish who is continuing to improve and starting to look like a player near the value we paid. Got to do it consistently but showing massive improvement

On 10/6/2022 at 9:53 AM, mrbojangles said:

5 changes to sunday's team, resting Foden and KdB and was still a bit of a stroll in the park last night. Even took Haaland off at half time but not before he bagged a brace. No point in flogging him to death.

MotM was Grealish who is continuing to improve and starting to look like a player near the value we paid. Got to do it consistently but showing massive improvement

Grealish & Mahrez are not good enough for this team, too much quality they have to compete with, in my opinion just 2 average players for middle table teams, Foden can and should improve but he has to be more of a team player then individual/selfishness decisions in the goal area... just an humble opinion

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Grealish & Mahrez are not good enough for this team, too much quality they have to compete with, in my opinion just 2 average players for middle table teams, Foden can and should improve but he has to be more of a team player then individual/selfishness decisions in the goal area... just an humble opinion

Don't know how much you've seen of City lately but Grealish has improved 10 fold and is starting to make a big difference, Mahrez is has been a great servant and definitely contributed to our previous trophies, this season he's a tad ring rusty. Foden has really only been gready for one game and he got chastised for that. 

Just an humble response to an equally humble opinion ????

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know how much you've seen of City lately but Grealish has improved 10 fold and is starting to make a big difference, Mahrez is has been a great servant and definitely contributed to our previous trophies, this season he's a tad ring rusty. Foden has really only been gready for one game and he got chastised for that. 

Just an humble response to an equally humble opinion ????

opinions may differ as long as we agree on that but still with my original one as I never miss a City game and honestly didn't see any improvement from Grealish, he had one game where he did played a little better, almost the same way as used to play as Vila but that was it, Mahrez, sorry not my style of a player, keeps the ball when he has free well positioned teammates, Foden waits the last minute to pass because no other option available, he could help more and be less self centered, look at Pep's expressions when Foden holds the play..... but it could be my imagination

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

opinions may differ as long as we agree on that but still with my original one as I never miss a City game and honestly didn't see any improvement from Grealish, he had one game where he did played a little better, almost the same way as used to play as Vila but that was it, Mahrez, sorry not my style of a player, keeps the ball when he has free well positioned teammates, Foden waits the last minute to pass because no other option available, he could help more and be less self centered, look at Pep's expressions when Foden holds the play..... but it could be my imagination

Absolutely we are all allowed our own opinions, it's a sport built on opinions. I can understand your views on Mahrez and Foden, I may not agree but I can understand. However, in Grealish case I have most definitely got to disagree. Just go and have a look at our last few fixtures and look at the player ratings. Jack has either been MotM or one of the highest player ratings over several games now. Wolves MotM. Copenhagen MotM and considering he has to contend with Haaland banging goals in for fun, any other team member getting MotM over Haaland in any game shows how impressive they played

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Everyone is crying about all these "Vile" chants coming from the City end - Bang out of order - The Scousers wouldn't dream about taunting any other teams or smashing up the toilets in the away end.

Not to mention throwing coins, attacking the bus again and singing "lizzie's in a box"

To be fair, I don't think "everyone" is crying about the chants. Just the scousers, you know, the one's who have been doing chants of this nature for decades.