The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Hard fought win over Brighton that was. Good set up and 100% commitment they gave. Thought it was going to be routine when we went 2-0 up but after they got one back it got a bit nervy until we went 3-1 up. Glad Haaland's 1 game goal drought is over!!

As for the other results, nearly a perfect day at the office. My heart wanted a Chelsea win but I suppose for the sake of the table, a Chelsea United draw was best. As for Liverpool, nice one Forest ????

Could do with Southampton doing a Forest over Arsenal but I can't see it.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 7:38 AM, mrbojangles said:

Liverpool, nice one Forest 

Forest have played a lot better than their lowly position indicates. Interestingly; all the bottom clubs are midlanders.  The three south coast clubs are holding their own for the mo'.

Liverpool are there for the taking this season. Seems to me that if Salah has a poor game they struggle.

Great player he is, but others have to step up if The Reds are to get into the top six.

City keeping up with the Gooners.. I think they will be the top two all season.

• Like 1

Bit of a damp squib of a game that. Having already topped the group, Pep made loads of changes to the starting 11 but after going 1-0 down made changes again.

Rico Lewis at just 17 a lifelong City fan who has been at the academy since he was 8 became City's youngest goalscorer in the CL and on his debut. Alvarez not only scored but got 2 assists. The assist he got from KdB was a typical DeBruyne inch perfect cross

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Bit of a damp squib of a game that. Having already topped the group, Pep made loads of changes to the starting 11 but after going 1-0 down made changes again.

Rico Lewis at just 17 a lifelong City fan who has been at the academy since he was 8 became City's youngest goalscorer in the CL and on his debut. Alvarez not only scored but got 2 assists. The assist he got from KdB was a typical DeBruyne inch perfect cross

What a ball from KDB, and Àlvarez with a perfect finish ( and two nice assists).

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 3:20 PM, jellydog said:

A lot of positive things have been said about Àlvarez but I'm thinking a loan might be helpful. He's not getting much time on the pitch and he's going to need that to adjust to the EPL. 

I've changed my mind. No loaning out Àlvarez!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

After watching today's game, it confirms my opinion that Jack Grealish's only job is to fall over outside the box to get free kicks for De Bruyne to take. I really can't see him contributing more than that - £100 million for someone that just falls over if it's windy.

I have been saying it for quite sometime, glad somebody finally see him as I do.... too much money wasted on average player, he does like diving, maybe he should switch sports  555

51 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Talk about leaving it to the last minute. Phew!

on a non existing penalty kick... KDB did well, the other guy barely touched him and he dived, wouldn't expected something like that from a player like him... not a deserved win, tie was fair

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

... not a deserved win, tie was fair

It's very obvious that you didn't actually watch the game.

For 64 minutes it was our 10 men against their 11 in which we still finished the game with 61.6% possession, with 21 shots to their 7, with 7 shots on target to their 2. We were the ONLY team who was trying to win that game. KDB penalty was soft but still a pen. We got double jeoparded with a red and a penalty for a shoulder charge. How many times per game do you see defenders shoulder charging strikers and not going to play the ball just so they can let the ball run out of play? A City win was most deservedly the CORRECT result

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

It's very obvious that you didn't actually watch the game.

For 64 minutes it was our 10 men against their 11 in which we still finished the game with 61.6% possession, with 21 shots to their 7, with 7 shots on target to their 2. We were the ONLY team who was trying to win that game. KDB penalty was soft but still a pen. We got double jeoparded with a red and a penalty for a shoulder charge. How many times per game do you see defenders shoulder charging strikers and not going to play the ball just so they can let the ball run out of play? A City win was most deservedly the CORRECT result

let's agree to disagree... I do understand your biased position as City fan 555

22 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

let's agree to disagree... I do understand your biased position as City fan 555

What part am I being biased about? Every single pundit (even biased United one's) and every single stat say we deserved the win.

Here are the stats for the 70 minutes that we played with 10 men. Now tell me we only deserved a point!!

Screenshot_20221106_154527.jpg.48ef0f0ec9f756f2481d01803f5c0f39.jpg

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

What part am I being biased about? Every single pundit (even biased United one's) and every single stat say we deserved the win.

Here are the stats for the 70 minutes that we played with 10 men. Now tell me we only deserved a point!!

Screenshot_20221106_154527.jpg.48ef0f0ec9f756f2481d01803f5c0f39.jpg

how many times did teams with such a high ball possession % lost games??? not enough fingers on my hands to count.... BTW with so much control and only, yes only 5 shots on target

46 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

how many times did teams with such a high ball possession % lost games??? not enough fingers on my hands to count.... BTW with so much control and only, yes only 5 shots on target

Those 5 shots on target where when we only had 10 men versus Fulham's 11. Concentrate Mavi

20 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Man City V RB Leibzig

Man Utd v Barcelona - Now that's what i call a stand out tie - 

Dippers v Real Madrid & PSV v Bayern Munich - These are the matches that people want to watch - Not The Berties v Red Bulls.

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Man Utd v Barcelona - Now that's what i call a stand out tie - 

Dippers v Real Madrid & PSV v Bayern Munich - These are the matches that people want to watch - Not The Berties v Red Bulls.

All in good time young Padawan. You can only play whom you get drawn against.

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

All in good time young Padawan. You can only play whom you get drawn against.

You know I'm right though brother, don't you ?? And i bet that you'll be staying up for the United / Barca match.

25 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Staying all the way up until Friday morning to watch it 

Personally, whatever time, whatever day, i don't miss any UNITED matches - Hey Mac, come on brother, don't be shy, we all know that you you'll have a few beers in & will be staying up for this one too ????

3 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Personally, whatever time, whatever day, i don't miss any UNITED matches - Hey Mac, come on brother, don't be shy, we all know that you you'll have a few beers in & will be staying up for this one too ????

Excuse me ?

You were posting on the Chelsea forum whilst there was a Man U game being played .

You posted about the Chelsea result and it was 20 minutes into the Man U game as Man kicked off a bit later than the Chelsea game.

You were talking about a Chelsea game at the same time Man U were playing  

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Excuse me ?

You were posting on the Chelsea forum whilst there was a Man U game being played .

You posted about the Chelsea result and it was 20 minutes into the Man U game as Man kicked off a bit later than the Chelsea game.

You were talking about a Chelsea game at the same time Man U were playing  

Complete & utter boll ox - I posted on the Rentboy forum BEFORE United kicked off - FACT.

As soon as you Rentboys got <deleted> ed & my Arsenal winnings were in my account, i settled back & watched the United match - 

You are probably a Yank who has never even been to the Bridge - Stop wasting my time & go & watch some Baseball.

Ps - I nicked a 4 figure sum on Arsenal beating your shower of Sh ite, so by the time United kicked off, i was still counting my money ????