The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On the lash last night and slept through my alarm. First game I've missed this season. I feel a part-timer like Rick ????

Anyway, nice to see we've progressed. Not been lucky with the FA cup draws this year. Hopefully a more favourable draw in the next round

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

On the lash last night and slept through my alarm. First game I've missed this season. I feel a part-timer like Rick ????

Anyway, nice to see we've progressed. Not been lucky with the FA cup draws this year. Hopefully a more favourable draw in the next round

You missed a nice little goal from Ake and a good defensive effort. That's about it. Àlvarez hit a post. Dandy G played well. Looked like Stones did a hammy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jellydog said:

You missed a nice little goal from Ake and a good defensive effort. That's about it. Àlvarez hit a post. Dandy G played well. Looked like Stones did a hammy.

Managed to get to watch it later in the day.

Not convinced that Ake was going for goal or passing to the back post in the hope Haaland would be there. Either way, happy it went in and well played by Jack. He's showing more and more that he's getting used to the system and contributing far more nowadays

14 hours ago, jellydog said:

Cancelo to Bayern on loan?! I didn't see that coming though he has been out of favor lately. He's a heck of a player when on song.

Yeah. He's been out of form lately but when he got that red card I think that hacked Pep off a bit. He simply dropped down the pecking order due to some top drawer performances from Ake who went in to cover his position

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Got a 2 year European Ban last time, only to be successful in their European Court of Arbitration Appeal - No ban this time please, will settle for a 15 points league deduction.

Even if the P.L did deduct 15 points from Man City for last season, you would still be 20 points behind them

Pos Team P W D L GD Pts
1 Manchester City 38 29 6 3 73 93
2 Liverpool 38 28 8 2 68 92
3 Chelsea 38 21 11 6 43 74
4 Tottenham 38 22 5 11 29 71
5 Arsenal 38 22 3 13 13 69
6 Manchester United 38 16 10 12 0 58

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Even if the P.L did deduct 15 points from Man City for last season, you would still be 20 points behind them.

Utter rubbish - Who said anything about last season ??? Read the PL rules - Any points deduction would be for the same season as any decision is made - So if a decision was made next season, it would effect next season.

• Like 1

This is looking a bit more serious than originally thought - Talk of cooking the books, illegal backhanders to Mancini ect ect - 

The PL have been investigating City for the past 4 years - Maybe the tax man & old bill will also get involved ???

If found guilty, i can assure you it won't be just a fine, City are in big S@@t.

Points deduction ???? No chance of only that - Kicked out of Europe, a complete transfer ban & demotion to League 2 ????

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

This is looking a bit more serious than originally thought - Talk of cooking the books, illegal backhanders to Mancini ect ect - 

The PL have been investigating City for the past 4 years - Maybe the tax man & old bill will also get involved ???

If found guilty, i can assure you it won't be just a fine, City are in big S@@t.

Points deduction ???? No chance of only that - Kicked out of Europe, a complete transfer ban & demotion to League 2 ????

Its the hope that destroys you .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bait?

You know the rules by now. But just in case:-

10. You will not post troll messages. Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing forum members by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other members into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why *wouldn't they be impartial?

They might believe they have been impartial but it doesn't mean that they have been. They "may" have felt pressured by maybe 8 whining clubs who put a letter in.

Anyway, we have submitted all the information they required during the 4 year investigation. They have decided to put charges against us.  A third party will now decided after the PL put their evidence / argument forward and we put our counter evidence / argument against the charges.

A good summary piece in the Daily Mirror by Simon Mullock

Man City knew Premier League charges were coming as plan to clear reputation emerges

Manchester City have been charged by the Premier League for breaking over 100 financial rules after the organisation underwent a four-year investigation in the club

Manchester City always knew there would be a day of reckoning with the Premier League over their finances - and are already primed for a battle they believe will finally clear them from allegations of cheating.

The Etihad hierarchy were stunned to be told that they must face an independent commission to defend themselves against more than 100 charges of financial misconduct over a nine-year period.

But it was the timing of the Premier League’s announcement rather than the confirmation of the allegations that took City by surprise.

And the defiant message from the reigning champions is that the commission will give them the opportunity to rid the club of the stench of suspicion that has lingered over them in the two-and-a-half years since the Court of Arbitration for Sport overturned a two-year Champions League ban imposed by UEFA for alleged FFP violations.

CAS issued City with a £9 million fine for failing to cooperate with UEFA’s investigation. But the fact that some of the evidence was time-barred has been used as a stick to beat City with. The club insisted at the time that they had material to answer all of UEFA’s claims.

The Premier League investigation can include evidence that was ruled to be time-barred by CAS in July 2020 - and City feel is a chance to prove they have done things by the book.

City believe the Premier League rushed out their announcement to go after the champions to avoid criticism following the government’s decision to postpone the publication of a white paper on football governance.

No prior warning about the charges was given to the club - and City claim they have proof that some media outlets were briefed before they had even been made aware of the announcement. The Premier League deny that any media were made aware of the charges before they were published online.

City also say they were being informed of the situation by telephone when the Premier League released a statement on their website. The club’s legal team also noticed that a significant number of the charges and the regulations they breached were incorrectly notified on the original announcement and were later altered by the Premier League.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-premier-league-charges-29147801