The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Now Pep has had to call out your <deleted> support again. How many times has he done this? It almost makes me feel embarrassed and I'm not a City fan.

Cringe central!

You have a lot to be embarrassed about and it's nothing to do with not being a city fan ????

24 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

25 goals from 19 PL games is madness. Also his 4th hat-trick. To put that into context. The fastest man to do that before Haaland was Van Nistelrooy for Man United and it took him 65 games to do it !!

Was watching on Bein last night. Commentator reminded us that Wolves highest scorer had scored FIVE goals this season, ha ha.

Also said that 'to win a match in the Premiership, a team must score goals'     Doesn't that apply to under 7s Sunday League as well?   555

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Whereas from our point of view, they aren't really of much significance

Why are you posting in this thread then?

The absolute reality is that your guts churn every day with an enormous aching feeling because we are currently successful, whilst you ain't won anything for 5 years or so. You still have "not in my lifetime" ringing in your ears from the gobby jock, wishing he had never uttered those foolish words.

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Why are you posting in this thread then?

The absolute reality is that your guts churn every day with an enormous aching feeling because we are currently successful, whilst you ain't won anything for 5 years or so. You still have "not in my lifetime" ringing in your ears from the gobby jock, wishing he had never uttered those foolish words.

Not at all. Bothers me far more when Liverpool win something.

You are one of the original money clubs, and you are simply getting what you paid for. Great manager though, have to say. Just very awkward he isn't happy with the fanbase of his own club.

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You are one of the original money clubs, and you are simply getting what you paid for. 

What you talking about for gods sake. United, Chelsea etc etc have been spending far more than us before our new owners came. We needed to spend big to catch up. You lot are now trying to catch up. And so since you last won anything you lot have spent more than us (over the last 5 years). You're ruining football

2018-19:

Man Utd – £46.9m
Man City – £18.9m

2019-20:

Man Utd – £120.2m
Man City – £88m

2020-21:

Man Utd – £61.6m
Man City – £91.5m

2021-22:

Man Utd – £98.4m
Man City – £36.6m

2022-23:

Man Utd – £206m
Man City – £18.4m profit

Total net spend:

Man Utd – £533.1 million
Man City – £216.6 million

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/comparing-man-utd-and-man-citys-total-net-spend-over-the-last-12-years/

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What you talking about for gods sake. United, Chelsea etc etc have been spending far more than us before our new owners came. We needed to spend big to catch up. You lot are now trying to catch up. And so since you last won anything you lot have spent more than us (over the last 5 years). You're ruining football

2018-19:

Man Utd – £46.9m
Man City – £18.9m

2019-20:

Man Utd – £120.2m
Man City – £88m

2020-21:

Man Utd – £61.6m
Man City – £91.5m

2021-22:

Man Utd – £98.4m
Man City – £36.6m

2022-23:

Man Utd – £206m
Man City – £18.4m profit

Total net spend:

Man Utd – £533.1 million
Man City – £216.6 million

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/comparing-man-utd-and-man-citys-total-net-spend-over-the-last-12-years/

I think you did the bulk of your spending before FFP came in properly. By then you had already spent a load of dosh and set up these satellite clubs to help spread the cash around.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Just very awkward he isn't happy with the fanbase of his own club.

He's right what he said. He didn't say he wasn't happy with them, he was saying that complacency has set in with the expectation to win and that's the same with some of the players. I get it, he's right and that's why it's hard to keep on winning titles. The hunger is sometimes lacking. He wants our fans to be desperate again, like your lot are

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think you did the bulk of your spending before FFP came in properly.

Yeah. As I said above, to catch you lot up as you and Chelsea etc had already got top drawer players. We either did it before FFP came in or not at all. We caught you up and now just tweak here and there

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep but still gobby. Not in my life time!!

Pep is far more gobby. At least Fergie said what he meant, Pep is always being sarrcy and talking in riddles.

Anyway, ultimately Pep is far bigger and more powerful than Man City. That's where this awkwardness comes from 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Pep is far more gobby. 

Totally agree, can't stand listening to him. Watch him when he's talking - I'll give you £20 if he concludes one interview without scratching either his head or his beard - Watch him & you'll see what i mean.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Totally agree, can't stand listening to him. Watch him when he's talking - I'll give you £20 if he concludes one interview without scratching either his head or his beard - Watch him & you'll see what i mean.

Nerves. You try doing an interview in your non native language and I bet you'd be scratching your head. Jaysus, now nervous habit shaming. You RAG's have no shame

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Pep is far more gobby. At least Fergie said what he meant, Pep is always being sarrcy and talking in riddles.

Anyway, ultimately Pep is far bigger and more powerful than Man City. That's where this awkwardness comes from 

Give over you numpty. Pep is always speaking admirably about opposition not getting into scrapes. Fergie was always falling out with other managers and even the press. Pep doesn't slag off other clubs. You really need to bin those tinted glasses. Either that or your developing memory loss

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Give over you numpty. Pep is always speaking admirably about opposition not getting into scrapes. Fergie was always falling out with other managers and even the press. Pep doesn't slag off other clubs. You really need to bin those tinted glasses. Either that or your developing memory loss

Respect from Fergie was earned, he didn't give false platitudes. When Pep praises it doesn't even sound genuine most of the time. Pep doesn't slag off other clubs he just talks in an annoying way that you don't know whether he is being serious or tongue in cheek. He is very rude to interviewers actually.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Nerves. You try doing an interview in your non native language and I bet you'd be scratching your head. Jaysus, now nervous habit shaming. 

Nerves ??? <deleted> has he got to be nervous about ??? He's a professional football manager - I've seen him do interviews in Spanish & he's still having a right good scratch up.