• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

36 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm not sure if I should congratulate you on your team or the chavs set up.

Aguero is on fire right now sadly.

Aguero could well pick up player of the season.  

Both City and Liverpool winning very comfortably.

6 hours ago, carmine said:

Is he on the missing persons list yet?  He's a regular, after all, isn't he!!????

Unbelievable. Don’t remember going on the Spurs thread telling you who your manager should pick. Pep picked a side and bench to do the job on one of the best teams in the prem. He did that in style and last night was not a match to be thinking about giving a youngster game time. He wasn’t to know we’d go 4-0 up before half time and he picked a bench to change things around if needed. Even Sane didn’t get any minutes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Unbelievable. Don’t remember going on the Spurs thread telling you who your manager should pick. Pep picked a side and bench to do the job on one of the best teams in the prem. He did that in style and last night was not a match to be thinking about giving a youngster game time. He wasn’t to know we’d go 4-0 up before half time and he picked a bench to change things around if needed. Even Sane didn’t get any minutes

Didn't make the squad for the last two games either.

We're worried about him. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You could have played your third team, the Cherries <deleted>-ted them 4-0

17 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Luke Amos is still injured.

Skippy is getting plenty of opportunity.....all good here thanks.

I said "if I was concerned". Thanks for the update but as it happens, I'm not bothered who you put out. Your manager makes the decisions and I don't see any reason for me to question his choice

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I said "if I was concerned". Thanks for the update but as it happens, I'm not bothered who you put out. Your manager makes the decisions and I don't see any reason for me to question his choice

Can't you see he / his club are feeling very irrelevant right now. That's why he feels the need to get in on the convo.

There was a time recently when Spurs felt like a pretty cool club... The up and comers... Several young England stars... But when you're not closer to winning FA, and your manager probably doesn't want to be there, it becomes old quite quickly. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Can't you see he / his club are feeling very irrelevant right now. That's why he feels the need to get in on the convo.

There was a time recently when Spurs felt like a pretty cool club... The up and comers... Several young England stars... But when you're not closer to winning FA, and your manager probably doesn't want to be there, it becomes old quite quickly. 

Don't think I ever thought of them as cool but I do respect how they have decided to run their club. I just don't get why they constantly knock other clubs who prioritise winning things as opposed to the "Spurs way". Of course, I'd like to see youth coming through at City but not at the expense of not winning anything. I had enough years of winning nothing to last me a lifetime

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Thought they might have given the REGULAR fella a few minutes when they 6 up ????

Imagine. You're  the manager of City. You play 433. Fernandinho takes 1 midfield position. You have to decide who to chose for the 2 creative midfield positions for 3 Premier games in a week. You're under pressure playing catch up in a title chase. You've just had a terrible performance and loss away at Newcastle and have to play 2 top 6 teams at home in arsenal  and chelsea with a tricky game away in between at usually  difficult Goodison. You have world cup, Premier and Bundesliga winners in internationals David Silva, KdB, Gundogan and Bernardo. You also have a talented youngster in Foden. Who do you pick?

Well the way the Spurs fans keep having a pop on here it should obviously be Foden plus one of the experienced 4. If you're  a rational person or Pep it's 2 from the experienced 4 and rotate the 4 over the 3 games.

I guess if your experienced players aren't much better than your upcoming youngsters or your experienced players are injured or off to China then you have little choice, with a limited squad, but to make your youngsters 'sink or swim'. At City we don't have any of those problems so we can take the time to carefully pick and choose the right level of games for our youngsters to play in. Those 3 highpressure games weren't right for inexperienced Foden, but if he's not injured you can be pretty sure he'll start at the weekend in the FA Cup.

But thanks for your continuing interest.????

18 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If Spurs win their game in hand, they are 2 points behind one of the greatest football teams ever assembled and are well in this title race with 11 games to play. 

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Alfie was merely poking fun at the ridiculous suggestion that Foden was a regular.  Pep can of course pick who he wants but to maintain Foden is a regular is absurd, almost as absurd as Pep's suggestion a couple of days ago that Chelsea are title contenders.

Edited by carmine

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Sometimes you'd be netter not posting at all mate rather that destroy your credibility posting the likes of this.

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Before the match, did you see that result coming?

I didn't see that but i thought two or three nil was on the cards.  

Ofcourse i also fully expect them to play out of their skins against Spurs in the derby on the 28th.  Its their most important fixture apparently!!

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Sometimes you'd be netter not posting at all mate rather that destroy your credibility posting the likes of this.

Don't bother him carms....he's busy stitching his invisibility cloak just in case we win the Premiership.

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

If Spurs win their game in hand, they are 2 points behind one of the greatest football teams ever assembled and are well in this title race with 11 games to play. 

Rick is the epitome of the Sky sports generation football fan,  and has just posted the usual anti Spurs standard line their post pundits role out ad nauseam.  Apparently you're not allowed to run a club the way we do you have spend millions, its the Murdoch/Sky way.

You'd also think that having spent nearly half a billion more than Spurs, yet sitting all those points below us that Rick might find the temerity to button it.  But, we know the arrogance and sense of entitlement that many United fans have so theres no chance of that.