• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

Still sloppy at times in the final third but an easy 3-1 victory. Pretty much dominated in midfield, and Arsenal had very little decent service for their two strikers. Twas fun to watch Sterling burn that shitbird Lichtsteiner time after time.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The tippy tappy stuff you played once 3-1 up whilst understandable is boring as hell to watch.

Just sayin'.

Suited me fine Ronnie as I had it 3-1 in the prediction thingie. Did you have City 4-1 ?????

Missed the game as I was stuck on a plane but just looked at the report and the line up. Fernandinho as a CB!! How did that work out? I can't remember Pep ever having played him in that role before. Is Pep trying to find an alternative role for his aging legs or something?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Still sloppy at times in the final third but an easy 3-1 victory. Pretty much dominated in midfield, and Arsenal had very little decent service for their two strikers. Twas fun to watch Sterling burn that shitbird Lichtsteiner time after time.

I thought you could have really rubbed it in second half, they were really poor. First half they showed some fight.  Hopefully next weekend you can beat Chelsea too!!

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Missed the game as I was stuck on a plane but just looked at the report and the line up. Fernandinho as a CB!! How did that work out? I can't remember Pep ever having played him in that role before. Is Pep trying to find an alternative role for his aging legs or something?

Fernandino slipped up into his usual spot in midfield much of the time. I think he struggles as a true CB. At least half responsible for Arsenal's goal.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

How many minutes did the Regular one get ? 

No chance. They had Riyad "he's a winger, not a midfielder" Mahrez and Sane on the bench too!!

That lad ain't getting a look in.  Idiot signed a six year contract recently to be benchwarmer at best!!

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

No chance. They had Riyad "he's a winger, not a midfielder" Mahrez and Sane on the bench too!!

That lad ain't getting a look in.  Idiot signed a six year contract recently to be benchwarmer at best!!

He'll be sold to Bournemouth in a few years if he's lucky with his chance of progressing long gone.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Spurs fans seem a bit agitated today ????

Fernandinho played notionally as a CB when they had the ball and moved in to midfield when we had it. City changed to 343 to match theirs. By doing this with Fernandinho  we were able to get an extra player in midfield  and control it. But it made us very twitchy when they attacked. Guess as we won it was a success but i spent the whole game crying out for him to bring on Stones for Gundogan  and move Fernandinho  back. Pep surprisingly  didn't  even do this in the last 15 when kdb was spent.

City were excellent in the last 20 minutes  contrary  what Redwine Ronnie says. We passed it around, retained possesion and had several chances - think i heard 2nd half it was 13 - 0 chances.

You missed an average display  1st half, good display 2nd.

Bernardo  and Aguero  were standout for me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Oh dear. Just got off Google. My naivety surprises me at times. Think I’ve just reasserted my thoughts on sending my daughter to a private school when I leave Saudi. I want her to be naive as well ????

Looked it up. Pretty complicated !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just reading an article and to put Aguero's achievement into perspective. Aguero has now scored as many league hat-tricks as Ronaldo, Drogba, Mo Salah, Hazard, Bergkamp and Eric Cantona……...combined !! Now that is impressive

I remember seeing him score a goal for Independiente late at night on Channel 5, and thought then that he could be very special.

Shame United didn't get him, and shame Tevez couldn't have stayed with us for longer for whatever reason. Actually quite hard to believe Argentina were so bad in the World Cup. 

• Like 1