• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

13 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

How many minutes did the Regular one get last night ?

It could be that he's injured because he hasn't even been on the bench the past two games.  

But then again,  my next door neighbors pet monkey could tell by the minutes played he's no regular!!

25 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Must be resting him for the CL.

Well they rested De Bruyne and Sane when they played us......that was making a very big statement.

Liverpool are suffering injuries now and as such makes this is the pivotal time of the season.  Then look over your shoulder and they've got Riyad "he's a winger, not a midfielder" Mahrez warming up to come on, and as we know, he was a 60m investment to warm the bench for just such times as this.  If you are this strong in depth you can afford to rest Sane and probably the best midfielder in the league against a so called rival, away from home!!!  Thats the brutal reality, so i really am not taken in by Pep's old waffle because he's far too shrewd not to realize all this fixture congestion just plays into his hands.

This is no criticism at all, its just the way it is.  Pep gave Stones a rest the other day, De Bruyne last night, then take a look at that bench.  If we are to believe some City posters, there bench is so strong even their so called regulars can't get on it!!

Liverpool have done extremely well and are obviously very much in it but Pep really has no excuses if he doesn't win this league, none at all!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

It quite ok as long as you get a license.  Anything else?

Actually I do have a few questions...

Sure it's OK with a licence, but I'm curious to know whether it roams around, or is tied to something / caged.

Does the monkey have a name? 

Where was it acquired from?

Does it bring coconuts down from trees? 

Which football team does it support?

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Actually I do have a few questions...

Sure it's OK with a licence, but I'm curious to know whether it roams around, or is tied to something / caged.

Does the monkey have a name? 

Where was it acquired from?

Does it bring coconuts down from trees? 

Which football team does it support?

All i know is his names Rick.  He's just your usual knuckle dragging simian!!  He was acquired from the north where their are lots of monkeys

Edited by carmine

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can't remember such a nervy game. Must have looked at the time every minute or 2. Dug it out, ground it out, call it what you will, but it was a grind. Everton gave a very good showing of themselves; otamendi will be checking for calvert-lewin all week (the youngster had the better of him).

Every time this season we had a chance to get away  from Liverpool or catch up we blew our chance; this is the first time we did what was required of us. Better!!!

The stats will show we beat them in every area but won’t be a true reflection of the game. Yes we had chances which we didn’t make the most of but Everton really made it difficult for us when we had the ball. However moving from 5 in midfield to 5 in defense left them short in attack when they did get the ball.

very happy to take the 3 points from that one

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

MotM Bernardo. Did absolutely everything right. Even beating 6 footers in the air these days ???? Never lets us down.

I’d have said either Bernado or David (although Ederson hardly put a foot wrong when needed) but interestingly SkySports have Gundogan as MOM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carmine said:

I've just been reading a piece where Guardiola is complaining about the packed fixture schedule. 

Complained or merely mentioned? Got a link to the piece as I’d like to read the context? The “piece” I had previously read is that he was saying December is normally a packed schedule but now it’s also February but he also added that it is a good thing because it means you are still in all competitions. Hardly qualifies to be said that he’s “complaining “

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I’d have said either Bernado or David (although Ederson hardly put a foot wrong when needed) but interestingly SkySports have Gundogan as MOM

Strangely M.E.N. also had Gundogan as MOTM. I thought as usual with ball going forward he was decent but poor defensively. Last 20 i was shouting for KdB or ANOther to come on in midfield for David or Gundogan as we needed energy.

Ilkay Gundogan

Some of his work around the box was excellent - starting to show he is in the same class as the other midfield stars 9

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Complained or merely mentioned? Got a link to the piece as I’d like to read the context? The “piece” I had previously read is that he was saying December is normally a packed schedule but now it’s also February but he also added that it is a good thing because it means you are still in all competitions. Hardly qualifies to be said that he’s “complaining “

I'm not sure. However, this is not the list of my post.  The list being that this is precisely the time of year where the strongest squads come into play.  If you would prefer "commenting on", "voicing his opinions on" then fine but my point stays the same.  By virtue of the fact that i said i think he'll like the packed schedule makes it clear i don't really think he's complaining at all.

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'm not sure. However, this is not the list of my post.  The list being that this is precisely the time of year where the strongest squads come into play.  If you would prefer "commenting on", "voicing his opinions on" then fine but my point stays the same.  By virtue of the fact that i said i think he'll like the packed schedule makes it clear i don't really think he's complaining at all.

Is that a southern phrase I'm not familiar with?