Leicester away

Burton home/away

Chelsea in final

Man City’s champs league

Hoffenheim

Shaktar

Lyon

Schalke (last 16)

Them balls keep rolling kindly don't they. 

Competing on 4 fronts!

Loving the weak sisters !

• Like 1

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

35 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can see a name change coming: Bitter Bob. You're sounding as bad as those Spurs fans.

Don't talk pish, I merely posted an interesting observation.

More concerning is even in this situation,  you can't even agree that you've had good draws thus far, seriously? 

Edited by BangrakBob

33 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Don't talk pish, I merely posted an interesting observation.

More concerning is even in this situation,  you can't even agree that you've had good draws thus far, seriously? 

Huh? Haven't seen anyone on here disagreeing that we've had good draws thus far. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Rice, Wan-Bissaka and Chilwell continue to be linked to a move to City and now Burnley's Pope (Bravo out all season will be off in the summer). I'll  take the lot.

They need young English talent to replace the academy ones who have scarpered. Very odd strategy, and suggests they are getting close to breaking rules about the number of home-grown players in their squad. Nothing a couple of hundred million spondoolicks can't put right; but that puts them at peril of breaking Financial Fair Play rules. Woe is the lot of the multi-billionaire.

27 minutes ago, champers said:

They need young English talent to replace the academy ones who have scarpered. Very odd strategy, and suggests they are getting close to breaking rules about the number of home-grown players in their squad. Nothing a couple of hundred million spondoolicks can't put right; but that puts them at peril of breaking Financial Fair Play rules. Woe is the lot of the multi-billionaire.

Not correct on so many levels. 

https://www.football365.com/news/gossip-man-city-eye-stunning-160m-swoop-for-prem-quartet

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The article confirms much of what I say. City may face the Welsh lad who jumped ship last month at Schalke tonight. Diaz and Sancho have also done a runner (yes I know Diaz is Spanish).

2 homegrown keepers were sold in the summer, leaving 3 non homegrown keepers in the first team squad. It is ironic that having practically given Hart away they may end up paying over the odds for his Burnley team mate Pope. You couldn't make it up.

• Like 1

Just saw the highlights from last night. What a free kick from Sane ! Spectacular ! A big effort from the lads a man down.

I'd agree with the handball on Otamendi but just. His second yellow was bullshit. Just ridiculous. Don't agree with Fernandinho's penalty. That Schalke <deleted> was looking to go down. Lame <deleted>.

53 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I'd agree with the handball on Otamendi but just. His second yellow was bullshit. Just ridiculous. Don't agree with Fernandinho's penalty. That Schalke <deleted> was looking to go down. Lame <deleted>.

Funny how we have different opinion's but I thought the handball was a rubbish decision. He didn't intentionally move his hand to the ball, he was trying to move it away. The Fernandinho one I'd have to agree with. Now VAR is around it's stupid to tug on a shirt or handle someone in the box. But yeah, he was looking for it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny how we have different opinion's but I thought the handball was a rubbish decision. He didn't intentionally move his hand to the ball, he was trying to move it away. The Fernandinho one I'd have to agree with. Now VAR is around it's stupid to tug on a shirt or handle someone in the box. But yeah, he was looking for it

Yeah MrB, a close call on the handball. The second yellow was nuts I thought. How dare they book Fernandinho ?! He's never committed a yellow card offense ! Seriously, I thought his contact was minimal with that falling Schalke lamer.

All that said, I viewed all of the incidents this morning on my laptop. Maybe not the best visuals.

14 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Yeah MrB, a close call on the handball. The second yellow was nuts I thought. How dare they book Fernandinho ?! He's never committed a yellow card offense ! Seriously, I thought his contact was minimal with that falling Schalke lamer.

All that said, I viewed all of the incidents this morning on my laptop. Maybe not the best visuals.

Didn't realise last night but it was the VAR people who awarded both pens. I was wondering at the time why the ref never looked himself to make his own decision. Turns out the pitch side monitor was broken!!

• Like 1

The Otamendi pen. Not for me (or Rio, lescott or Hargreaves but was a pen for the ex-ref in the studio). Ref apparently initially gave a corner until they appealed. For me Otamendi was trying to move his arm back behind his body. No penalty, no booking so would  have been no red card. It all went wrong from that decision.

Fernandinho penalty. Nastasic and Sane were both offside when they took the freekick. Dinho pulled on Sane who went down. According to ex-ref in the studio Sane wasn't active (offside) when pulled down. Still trying  to  get  my head around that.

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Didn't realise last night but it was the VAR people who awarded both pens. I was wondering at the time why the ref never looked himself to make his own decision. Turns out the pitch side monitor was broken!!

<deleted> VAR !!!!????

Ive been on the side of VAR being introduced - like in rugby where you can see (and hear) the review on the big screen in the ground, but last night was so unclear what was happening and took too long. Ref couldn't even review his own decision due to faulty pitchside monitor and had to rely on others! Schalke colleague  at work tells me there's been big problems with it in the Bundesliga and fans are unhappy with  it. I still don't think after VAR they got all the decisions right last night. Long way to go until it works as well as in Rugby.